Good eco?

Thank you this was kinda my point i was trying to make i post before you.
The difficulty is also working out what DPP MA are basing their 90% return on.... Matters alot if its 3.1dpp or 2.9

I don't think it work like that, but more in comparison with the average dpp of the all the players. If all players should use weapons with dpp around 2.0, the loot-pool would fill up at a higher rate and the average loot would probably increase so it ended up at the same general average % return as if we all had 3.0dpp.

Not before he changed play style around the modmerc purchase. The old logs with imk2 and foe was mostly red.
Tell him to try IMK2 again and he might be surprised with the outcome :). Loot system got changed recently from what I can observe. To simplify what I mean; returns are based on 2 factors HA/HIT ABILITY and DPP/DMG PER PEC = Efficiency. Higher DPP = Higher efficiency. Higher efficiency in Hunting = More Loot or higher return, it's possible to reach even 100% TT which some data shows is achievable.

Somewhat off-topic:

I recently tested returns on caperon mature. I had no armor decay on any of the kills. I used a long range SIB maxed rifle with accuracy enhancers and earth shocker. When I did a critical hit I would crit in the region of 300 damage. I wrote down the loot from every caperon, and I categorised the kills when I crit once, twice or three times on the mob.

Normal loots ranged from 80pec to 500pec and the average was around 290pec. I compared the loots when I crit twice or three times, to when I did not crit, and the average loot remained the same at 290pec; even though the cost to kill was far lower when I crit twice or three times. So, loot, in my opinion, is usually based on the hp of the mob killed, not the cost to kill.

However, the difficulty is working out how a multiplied loot is generated: if it is random or related to ped spent etc.
Yes loot is based on health of mob, I agree there with you. From my test multiplied loot is generated after X amount of kills has been achieved. In my opinion this is called the loot cycle where it swings from good to bad loot and how may kills it takes to break that cycle when entering bad cycle and, from recent data this figure can be anything between 400 to say 1200 kills (also possible for it to go higher than this).

On-Topic

Good eco for me is anything above 2.97+ dpp.
Bad eco for me is anything around 2.95- dpp.
Not much difference, but I have my reasons.

Somewhat off-topic:

I recently tested returns on caperon mature. I had no armor decay on any of the kills. I used a long range SIB maxed rifle with accuracy enhancers and earth shocker. When I did a critical hit I would crit in the region of 300 damage. I wrote down the loot from every caperon, and I categorised the kills when I crit once, twice or three times on the mob.

Normal loots ranged from 80pec to 500pec and the average was around 290pec. I compared the loots when I crit twice or three times, to when I did not crit, and the average loot remained the same at 290pec; even though the cost to kill was far lower when I crit twice or three times. So, loot, in my opinion, is usually based on the hp of the mob killed, not the cost to kill.

However, the difficulty is working out how a multiplied loot is generated: if it is random or related to ped spent etc.

you should run same test on same mobs , with a total different weapon.

Tell him to try IMK2 again and he might be surprised with the outcome :). Loot system got changed recently from what I can observe. To simplify what I mean; returns are based on 2 factors HA/HIT ABILITY and DPP/DMG PER PEC = Efficiency. Higher DPP = Higher efficiency. Higher efficiency in Hunting = More Loot or higher return, it's possible to reach even 100% TT which some data shows is achievable.

Few common misconceptions here.

Returns are not based on HA or dpp.
Not maxed weapon (HA and Dmg) simply decrease amount of Dmg inflicted with same hunt cost, compared to maxed weapon.
Higher dpp also slightly increase damage inflicted on same cost.
But both those factors are not base for return.
They simply allow you to kill extra mob every X amount of PED spent when compared to not maxed or less eco weapon.
Yes, this improves average return (or not, if an extra mob gave you nova) but it is different as saying that those are base factors for return.

You also confuse efficiency with dpp.
Hunting efficiently is based on many factors and dpp is the least important IMO.
Imagine you go hunting medium mob, such as medium mat Atrox, with very eco weapon but with low dps. Due to low dps and high regen it would not be efficient when compared to other weapon with lower dpp but more dps.
Or you go hunting this mob with ok dps but in Pixie, with Herb Box (no healer) and not enough HP/Evade to kill mob without fapping. It would not be efficient at all if you need to combat heal with that fap.
Etc etc.

Good eco for me is anything above 2.97+ dpp.
Bad eco for me is anything around 2.95- dpp.
Not much difference, but I have my reasons.

That's pretty demanding borderline.
Let me ask you what kind of tt returns you have when using such eco weapons and killing what mobs?

Do you beat my average 93.7809594% for last three years (2012.01-2014.12)?
99% of it while using weapons with 2.8x dpp and killing big mobs.

Back