In your wildest dreams...what would you like MA to do to space in June??

Wildest dreams? :D Well since you asked for it...

1) Space craft are lootable
2) Mining asteroids(not the space mining I discovered and MA took away)
3) Bigger variety of ship weapons
4) Bigger variety of ships
5) Thrusters(speed boost)
6) Cloaking and anti-cloaking
7) Long range radar
8) Missiles
9) Make space like contaminated zones(require an injection)

Basically more space stuff!

I agree with everything Xane said (never thought I would say THAT lol)

1. lootable ships
2. lootable avatars
3. lootable fueltanks
4. 10% pvp ammo cost for everyone like in fort events
5. special pvp skill that only increase in space pvp and contributes towards reducing ammo cost further by up to 90%
6. ammo spent in space pvp goes in cargo mission pool
7. every space server has one 'control station' which can be claimed landgrab style. Controlling that station gives revenue from hunted spacemobs on that server as well as income from a part of the decay of each warp drive passing the warp gates on that server.
8. npc robot faction with fleets consisting of motherships, battleships, destroyers, bombers, interceptors, dropships is roaming the universe and attacking players as well as control stations
9. control stations in robot hands make warps over these gate points more expensive
10. control stations in own hands make warps over these gate points less expensive
11. robotships can loot players and carry playerloot as additional cargo visible with a flag
12. players can loot robotships and regain playerloot from robotships
13. warp is no longer instant but instead fast travel and the higher the level of the warpdrive the faster the traveling speed
14. shields/torpedos/different gun turret types/ cloaking devices/ radar
15. robot ships capable of utilizing radar just like players to track down and follow players as well as calling in closeby robotships to their assistance
16. jammers to block communication for robotships
17. tractorbeams/salvaging of shipwrecks
18. drones/asteroid mining
19. wave events in space
20. hunting of space mobs spawns stronger/more spacemobs in the area
21. decoys to drop aggro of space mobs
22. aggro of spacemobs is not avatar related but shiprelated and mobs will keep attacking the ship even with no avatars 'outside'
23. different levels of decoys can be used to aggro spacemobs from a vast surrounding to speed up collects for hunting or to prepare 'traps' for other ships
24. privateers can land planetside and motherships can enter 'high atmosphere' allowing smaller ships to fly in/out without having to pay 'entry tax'
25. entry tax and tp fees go in the cargo mission lootpool
26. crafting terminals in space / space only blueprint discoveries in lootable environment
27. lootpools for planets and space are separated and no longer 'shared'
28. repairs on spacecrafts are more efficient the closer they happen to the damaged part / more damage 'zones' for spacecrafts / more local 'repairpoints' for each section
29. so much more ideas i could write books ;)

1. lootable ships
2. lootable avatars
3. lootable fueltanks
5. special pvp skill that only increase in space pvp and contributes towards reducing ammo cost further by up to 90%
6. ammo spent in space pvp goes in cargo mission pool
7. every space server has one 'control station' which can be claimed landgrab style. Controlling that station gives revenue from hunted spacemobs on that server as well as income from a part of the decay of each warp drive passing the warp gates on that server.
8. npc robot faction with fleets consisting of motherships, battleships, destroyers, bombers, interceptors, dropships is roaming the universe and attacking players as well as control stations
9. control stations in robot hands make warps over these gate points more expensive
10. control stations in own hands make warps over these gate points less expensive
11. robotships can loot players and carry playerloot as additional cargo visible with a flag
12. players can loot robotships and regain playerloot from robotships
13. warp is no longer instant but instead fast travel and the higher the level of the warpdrive the faster the traveling speed
14. shields/torpedos/different gun turret types/ cloaking devices/ radar
15. robot ships capable of utilizing radar just like players to track down and follow players as well as calling in closeby robotships to their assistance
16. jammers to block communication for robotships
17. tractorbeams/salvaging of shipwrecks
18. drones/asteroid mining
19. wave events in space
20. hunting of space mobs spawns stronger/more spacemobs in the area
21. decoys to drop aggro of space mobs
22. aggro of spacemobs is not avatar related but shiprelated and mobs will keep attacking the ship even with no avatars 'outside'
23. different levels of decoys can be used to aggro spacemobs from a vast surrounding to speed up collects for hunting or to prepare 'traps' for other ships
24. privateers can land planetside and motherships can enter 'high atmosphere' allowing smaller ships to fly in/out without having to pay 'entry tax'
25. entry tax and tp fees go in the cargo mission lootpool
26. crafting terminals in space / space only blueprint discoveries in lootable environment
27. lootpools for planets and space are separated and no longer 'shared'
28. repairs on spacecrafts are more efficient the closer they happen to the damaged part / more damage 'zones' for spacecrafts / more local 'repairpoints' for each section
29. so much more ideas i could write books ;)

All great ideas of course. Correct me if I'm wrong here but if all these ideas where implemented wouldn't that make space the most in depth aspect of Entropia Universe?

3. lootable fueltanks
So that you with your big fat mothership are the only one able to easily pick up travelers stranded somewhere with no oil left. If I remember correctly MA made it as it is after a wave of protests in the beginning. I wish your business well and I am an occasional customer, but only because there is a choice. If conditions are created that make it near impossible for individuals to get anywhere and allow only very big corps to thrive and quasi monopolize space, I will want to greatly reduce my traveling. If many think like that, you're gonna have to live off mostly shipping boxes. So far MA seems to try and balance it carefully.

A zone in space with the same conditions like in fort events around one of the space stations in the center. Let's not overdo it, shall we?

Suggest to create polls from your list, a lot of great ideas. I would vote a lot of yes, just a handful no, but these strongly.

---

Open up deep space and put higher maturity space mobs in these corners. Probably would take just one additional server to cover the activity for the time being instead of one for each quadrant.

A further out suggestion, certainly not doable for this June unless they've been secretly working on the same thing already:

Instead of this fixed "pizza universe", turn the space map into a at least remotely realistic planetary system. With a star in the center and planets orbiting it at different rates including gas giants with moons. Like the accelerated simulated day and night cycle, a year could be reduced to a week in game. Makes travelling more interesting, while for warp ships there is no difference. If a true 3-dimensional space map is difficult to realize with the current interface, I think this would be not hard at all to program. We'd still have a 2-dimensional coordinate system in principle.

If we compare it to our own Solar System and discard the realism of the "goldilocks zone", I'd say Rocktropia would take the place of Mercury, Arkadia would be Venus, Calypso stand for Earth, Cyrene for Mars, then the asteroid belt with future mining and more interesting hunting (rocks getting in the way), Toulan might live as a Jupiter moon, then a Saturn with moon Next Island and Monria as Pluto in the dark fringe. Or move the asteroid belt to the outside. These positions are meant to represent character, not any sense of ranking. Distances of course would be reduced or equalized there compared to real world relations for not creating a disadvantage for the outer worlds. They should still be reachable by individual travelers, and the orbital movements serve to iron out differences over time. Independent space stations can be placed anywhere, but maybe the planetary oppositions would make most sense.

Last edited:
two changes and yes they are completely self serving.......

Remove (L) thrusters (give space back to the people that paid 10's of thousands of dollars for a viable business only to have it ripped away from them whilst being promised the world-yes I'm still bitter about that)
I don't expect anyone who doesn't own a privateer or MS to like this but that's how I feel about it.
With the equus quads there will still be ships for 'pirates' to use and make trouble for MS and privateers and will continue the need for SI upgrades.The equus quads might even end up being worth what MA are trying sell them for.

Remove lootable space-Keep it PVP but loot comes from the actual decay created during space pvp and not from peoples pockets,that way MA gets to keep the arms race in space and no one needs to be robbed in the process.
More people may even get into space pvp as they know there is at least some loot coming back from the fight.

This is not completely un-exploitable and might need some refining but thats where I would start.

Reactions: San
So that you with your big fat mothership are the only one able to easily pick up travelers stranded somewhere with no oil left. If I remember correctly MA made it as it is after a wave of protests in the beginning. I wish your business well and I am an occasional customer, but only because there is a choice. If conditions are created that make it near impossible for individuals to get anywhere and allow only very big corps to thrive and quasi monopolize space, I will want to greatly reduce my traveling. If many think like that, you're gonna have to live off mostly shipping boxes. So far MA seems to try and balance it carefully.

My list just contained the short version of a few ideas i have elaborated over the years, if you look up my fuel tank suggestions in this forum you will see that i recommended a part of the fuel tank to not be lootable but allow to travel at higher subwarp speeds to those who fuel their tanks more in the lootable part.
This would force pirates to risk being looted themself if they want to catch a traveler who decides to spent a few peds extra on more fuel to fly faster.
There is no need to make assumptions about someones motivations to suggest this or that (which are in most cases subjective and one sided and can differ as much from one another as the motivations/suggestions themself), the point of collecting ideas is to show up opportunities to make space more vital, challenging, entertaining, balanced and fun.

Last edited:
There is no need to make assumptions about someones motivations to suggest this or that
I was hoping to not come across as doing that, but may have made a bad job of it (again). Even if such intentions don't exist, if conditions are created in their favour they will come up inevitably. Someone will leverage it to their advantage, subsequently forcing everybody else to follow the same way i.o. to stay competitive. That's what I was trying to say, nothing else.

Remove lootable space-Keep it PVP but loot comes from the actual decay created during space pvp and not from peoples pockets,that way MA gets to keep the arms race in space and no one needs to be robbed in the process.
More people may even get into space pvp as they know there is at least some loot coming back from the fight.

At least some loot? How much is some?

At least some loot? How much is some?

let me clarify.......

As it is now you can shoot down a ship and get nothing for it if they dont have loot but if the loot is coming from a 'pool' created by decay in space then there should be no need for 'No Looters'.

Assuming you win the fight of course.

let me clarify.......

As it is now you can shoot down a ship and get nothing for it if they dont have loot but if the loot is coming from a 'pool' created by decay in space then there should be no need for 'No Looters'.

Assuming you win the fight of course.

A couple issues with this.
1) Seems like this would eliminate all risk of transporting stacks from one planet to another?
2) I understand that this would increase the minimum potential when looting someone but it would also decrease the maximum potential as well?

Put that in the loot pool for space mobs, please. We don't need additional incentives to shoot travelers other than skills and the thrill of a fight, or the shallow satisfaction of killing a sitting duck. Disclaimer: Of course that's because I am one ;)

Put that in the loot pool for space mobs, please. We don't need additional incentives to shoot travelers other than skills and the thrill of a fight, or the shallow satisfaction of killing a sitting duck. Disclaimer: Of course that's because I am one ;)

Well if it did go into space mobs they'd be un-balanced if that loot was to come back to the players as well as the regular returns from the mob.So it would just end up back in MA's pockets.

Besides that MA still needs the Arms race in space to continue with their 'Grand Plan' for space and that would just not happen if all you got for your efforts/peds is bragging rights.

Of course I don't expect anything I've suggested to happen,I'd have more luck wishing for a ride to the moon on a unicorn.

I have too many ideas, my head will explode if I begin writing them all down on the one post.... :laugh:

Well if it did go into space mobs they'd be un-balanced if that loot was to come back to the players as well as the regular returns from the mob.
Maybe this wouldn't be such a bad thing. Hearing the chatter, I gather that loot from space mobs is generally perceived as bad, given the additional cost involved (vehicle, more overshooting, risk of attacks). People do it because it's still new and exciting, but not forever without adaptation. So in case of overcompensation, even if allowed just temporarily, it could attract more people to it. If it's getting too good, it will of course be nerfed again.

Of course I don't expect anything I've suggested to happen,I'd have more luck wishing for a ride to the moon on a unicorn.
Sadly :rolleyes:

I have too many ideas, my head will explode if I begin writing them all down on the one post.... :laugh:
And my head explodes if I don't :D

A couple issues with this.
1) Seems like this would eliminate all risk of transporting stacks from one planet to another?
2) I understand that this would increase the minimum potential when looting someone but it would also decrease the maximum potential as well?

1)Is that a problem though?
MS/equus and privateers can still be taken down it'll just have to be done with an equus/privateer or MS.
And the Auction delivery system would still be used,it makes more sense to have something delivered for 12ped then to fly over and pick it up for about 40ped in return flights.

2)Again not necessarily,There is still room for large multipliers as with any existing mob.

1)Is that a problem though?
MS/equus and privateers can still be taken down it'll just have to be done with an equus/privateer or MS.
And the Auction delivery system would still be used,it makes more sense to have something delivered for 12ped then to fly over and pick it up for about 40ped in return flights.

2)Again not necessarily,There is still room for large multipliers as with any existing mob.

Most of the fun in pvp is the risk involved and potential loot from the other player. If you take the potential player loot away you take away the risk, might as well remove pvp altogether in that case.

Most of the fun in pvp is the risk involved and potential loot from the other player. If you take the potential player loot away you take away the risk, might as well remove pvp altogether in that case.

Risk....there is no more or less risk involved on the side of the attacker,he's gonna have empty pockets before attacking you in most if not all cases-it'd be very poor planning on their part to do it any other way.

As for the person being attacked-At the moment travellers have everything to lose and nothing to gain from the current system.My argument is that it doesn't have to be that way.
I cant think of many people that need/want to risk everything they've worked for just to get an adrenaline rush and beside that not everyone goes into space for an adrenaline rush.Most people go there because they have no other option.

So the risk you speak about has never been on the attackers side.

I'm all for pvp and even for forced pvp but I'll never agree with giving people no option but lootable pvp.

Risk....there is no more or less risk involved on the side of the attacker,he's gonna have empty pockets before attacking you in most if not all cases-it'd be very poor planning on their part to do it any other way.

As for the person being attacked-At the moment travellers have everything to lose and nothing to gain from the current system.My argument is that it doesn't have to be that way.
I cant think of many people that need/want to risk everything they've worked for just to get an adrenaline rush and beside that not everyone goes into space for an adrenaline rush.Most people go there because they have no other option.

I'm all for pvp and even for forced pvp but I'll never agree with giving people no option but lootable pvp.

I agree there should be risk on both sides like with injections in the contaminated zones or lootable fuel as JBK suggested. I just don't like the idea of a loot pool for pvp reward. Why wouldn't I just hunt mobs if that were the case?

so very well said. This is the reason I do not like it as is. Motherships are really the only answer so far. They take place of the old system of pay a fee to TP to another planet. Current space pvp is set up for a few to have advantage over the many. It doesn't quite fit with the rest of the model of EU.

Why wouldn't I just hunt mobs if that were the case?

We both know the fight between actual players is a lot different to fighting the reasonably basic AI we have.

I can see from your replies you are looking at it from the attackers pov and thats fine but....
In your first reply to me you said...
"If you take the potential player loot away you take away the risk"

When in actual fact it doesnt change the risk for you at all what it does take away however is the chance for you to loot big at someone else expense when with what I proposed you could still get the HoF's it just wouldnt be at some poor suckers expense.

The only risk it takes away is the risk to those who would much prefer not to risk anything anyway.

I'm not having a go at you for that,your entitled to want things how they work for you as much as I have done for my case.

Last edited:
We both know the fight between actual players is a lot different to fighting the reasonably basic AI we have.

I can see from your replies you are looking at it from the attackers pov and thats fine but....
In your first reply to me you said...
"If you take the potential player loot away you take away the risk"

When in actual fact it doesnt change the risk for you at all what it does take away however is the chance for you to loot big at someone else expense when with what I proposed you could still get the HoF's it just wouldnt be at some poor suckers expense.

The only risk it takes away is the risk to those who would much prefer not to risk anything anyway.

I'm not having a go at you for that,your entitled to want things how they work for you as much as I have done for my case.

I'll be honest the reason I like pirating above all other professions in EU is simply because I don't like battling an MA made algorithm that dictates what I do and don't get based on things I have no control over. Pirating is the only thing I have found that I have complete control over. Nothing in space pvp is fair or unfair, deserved or undeserved. There are almost no unknown factors when battling another for loot. Change that to a loot pool system and now your just grinding away for 90% returns like everything else in EU.

I don't like battling an MA made algorithm that dictates what I do and don't get based on things I have no control over.

As opposed to another player in which you have no control over dictating what you do and dont get?

As opposed to another player in which you have no control over dictating what you do and dont get?

I have complete control over the when, where, and who. If I come away empty handed it's because that person chose not to carry and I chose wrong in thinking they had loot. In this case there are no RNG deciding if I am to be rewarded.

I have complete control over the when, where, and who. If I come away empty handed it's because that person chose not to carry and I chose wrong in thinking they had loot. In this case there are no RNG deciding if I am to be rewarded.

The part you can control in PVP is exactly the same as what you can control hunting creatures.

You decide who,when,where,what mob/player and that is all that is in your control.
You have absolutely no control over what your gonna get in either cases.
You can say "That person never carries loot so I wont bother" and thats exactly the level of control you have over what mobs to kill...no more/no less in either case.

With the way it is now you can kill 50 people and get nothing and then hit that one person thats carying a couple K.
And its exactly like that with my system only you wouldn't have 50 'no looters' and the potential for big HoF's is way more than in pvp.
I'm sure some in your society have had some great 'pay days' from people carrying multiple K's of stuff but how often does it happen?
And yet the mob 'loot pool' system provides ubers on a daily bases for some mobs.
So if only Equus/Privateers and MS have the use of space you will be taking down big targets most of the time and hence the potential for loot in the 10's k's should be a regular occurrence.

The part you can control in PVP is exactly the same as what you can control hunting creatures.

You decide who,when,where,what mob/player and that is all that is in your control.
You have absolutely no control over what your gonna get in either cases.
You can say "That person never carries loot so I wont bother" and thats exactly the level of control you have over what mobs to kill...no more/no less in either case.

With the way it is now you can kill 50 people and get nothing and then hit that one person thats carying a couple K.
And its exactly like that with my system only you wouldn't have 50 'no looters' and the potential for big HoF's is way more than in pvp.
I'm sure some in your society have had some great 'pay days' from people carrying multiple K's of stuff but how often does it happen?
And yet the mob 'loot pool' system provides ubers on a daily bases for some mobs.
So if only Equus/Privateers and MS have the use of space you will be taking down big targets most of the time and hence the potential for loot in the 10's k's should be a regular occurrence.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this subject :)

Regardless wether we agree or disagree about lootable space and whats good or bad for it - this thread was about everyones 'dreams' and 'wishes' for space and not about reasoning which ones is best...please dont drag it into an arguement that will just derail this thread as so many others.

Make 2, 3, 50 posts then :D
I'm really enjoying reading everyone's wildest dreams about space :)

Back to the op. To make each space region a separate area governed by the planet that's in it and to remove the competition from MA as a PP.

Space gates linking them to the stations with asterioids surrounding the station for mining and to provide a way for people to leave safe zones with some cover.

Back