FYI: Rare loot without rare loot massage

Cerberis

Elite
Society
house of gamers
Cerb Hulk Beris
This bug still in game... It working with stackables rare loot, like Chadriak Mushroom or Mutated Aurli Bones. Its simple - if you got one in inventory, second will drop to you without rare message. That let few people to get rares even without letting others know that its dropping :) Wrote support case like a year ago, but nothing ever was made...

Hmm?

I thought this was fixed already. So I've been told. Guess it wasn't. :scratch2:

mindark probably thought they fixed it, but their bugs tend to come back sooner or later :wise:

Hamster died again, I can confirm, no message if u got one mutated or shroom in inventory..

Yeah took a while to confirm this but i have as of a few days ago: still broken. However, i don't want this fixed until the loot algorithm is fixed.

So if you always keep one in your inventory you'll never generate a rare message when you loot one?

This bug still in game... It working with stackables rare loot, like Chadriak Mushroom or Mutated Aurli Bones. Its simple - if you got one in inventory, second will drop to you without rare message. That let few people to get rares even without letting others know that its dropping :) Wrote support case like a year ago, but nothing ever was made...

rare messages is a mistake, letting people to track timers of loot refresh, it shouldnt be here at all

rare messages is a mistake, letting people to track timers of loot refresh, it shouldnt be here at all
When "timer item" drops, this fact in itself is effectively a message, right? With the only difference that from this point onward only you (and your close friends) can track timers.

Now, there's 2 possible ways to look at this situation:
  • a personal viewpoint: keeping the timers in the dark quite obviously benefits you (= puts everyone else in a disadvantage),
  • step back and take a "birds eye" (game designer's) view to this "feature": granting an unfair advantage to certain players at the expense of others is something u quite obviously want to avoid.

So, canceling all rare loot messages would not improve the situation. This is a very dangerous proposal because it's coming from the playerbase and also is the easiest way to pseudo-fix the problem without fixing anything... Something some lazy manager might actually decide to do in this situation. Please ppl, stop giving MA stupid ideas!

Like several ppl already pointed out - the real solution isn't in the messages either way, the root of the problem is the loot algorithm.

I agree with this situation if this is still up, i was not fortunate enough to loot 2 in a row of any of these in a long time 1year+.
I will roam around on CP with a mutated bone for testing purpose only and report, if you see my shine its fixed already.
If it isnt fixed, damn i reported that long ago too...

Some people did know about that before mushrooms, did use that. So rare on mushrooms did shot it to more people only and it is good, because more people have same chances.

When "timer item" drops, this fact in itself is effectively a message, right? With the only difference that from this point onward only you (and your close friends) can track timers.

Now, there's 2 possible ways to look at this situation:
  • a personal viewpoint: keeping the timers in the dark quite obviously benefits you (= puts everyone else in a disadvantage),
  • step back and take a "birds eye" (game designer's) view to this "feature": granting an unfair advantage to certain players at the expense of others is something u quite obviously want to avoid.

So, canceling all rare loot messages would not improve the situation. This is a very dangerous proposal because it's coming from the playerbase and also is the easiest way to pseudo-fix the problem without fixing anything... Something some lazy manager might actually decide to do in this situation. Please ppl, stop giving MA stupid ideas!

Like several ppl already pointed out - the real solution isn't in the messages either way, the root of the problem is the loot algorithm.

Thats the point - when you loot on without rare, you can keep it in "dark" and noone will know, only you and yours friends.
Rare message working right would let more people know about good items dropping and go for that...

What the heck is a rare loot massage, whatever it is, it sounds great! :eyecrazy:

I agree with this situation if this is still up, i was not fortunate enough to loot 2 in a row of any of these in a long time 1year+.
I will roam around on CP with a mutated bone for testing purpose only and report, if you see my shine its fixed already.
If it isnt fixed, damn i reported that long ago too...

I had 2 bones in this week on same day and just rare message on the first :)

I had 2 bones in this week on same day and just rare message on the first :)

Two days in a row got 2 mushrooms. Both times rare just on first.

Two days in a row got 2 mushrooms. Both times rare just on first.

Dunno why they are even tagged as rare, they drop at least daily it seems. That is not meeting the definition of rare.

Does this mean if I have one mushroom in my inventory and IF I get second one, then there wont be rare message at all???

Reactions: das
I'd like a rare loot massage.

Relaxing.

Back