FYI: "Knowing when it will drop"

Cerberis

Elite
Society
house of gamers
Cerb Hulk Beris
People "know" how MA loot system works so waits and hunt/mine only when servers should refresh loot and rare loot must drop... For example - Chadriak Mushroom or pyrite. People know that if someone looted a mushroom, next one will drop after 40-50 min or so, and they just go afk for that time. Same is (was) with pyrite - if you hit pyrite - it drop for some time, then stops and you need to wait for that "loot refresh". So people who grinding nonstop wont get any chance to get any before "next wave" and people who know that will come only for "next wave". Noticed people on other stuff doing same too - standing afk for half a hour, then shooting some, then afk again... Never chased that, but i see lot of people doing that... I think it is unfair against people who are playing nonstop.
What you guys think? Should it be changed?..

Reactions: das
For me it usualy drops 5 minutes after i drink my coffee.
I don't believe in that theory. It must show in Entropia life statistics.

For me it usualy drops 5 minutes after i drink my coffee.
I don't believe in that theory. It must show in Entropia life statistics.

LoL. So now go and see tracker stats. Ofc dont forget drops "without rare msg"

Some might say it's strategy. Some might say get some sunshine every now and then.
It's like the mutated Aurli bones, only a select bunch regularly loot them because they know when they drop. The only way to fix this is for MA to make it dynamic...LOL

Yah clearly an abuse. And unfair for the grinders. So it should be fixed. But the loot system has been this way for like since ever? Doubt they even know how to fix it.

Loot server refreshes every 45 min or so. But the timer only count after the server has been started. So if you don't know exactly when it started you can't find the timing as easily.

I agree, but this situation is valid for years, nothing new, if you play more you are punished, if you are playing just once in a month you'll probably be rewarded with a nice welcome hof.

I think that every seller in this world(as MA is) would actually give a better price for a customer(a hardcore player) that is buying more.

The same thing with people playing only for events..

Solution would be to get rid of this loot cycles and just make it random, you should have the same change to loot a item no matter when you play.(aka, when an event begin 90% of the items drop in the first minutes, and MA says, best example to prove how wrong they are when they say that: "all have same chances",BS!)

Anyway this thread is useless, they won't change a bit as they don't really seems to care.

Solution would be to get rid of this loot cycles and just make it random, you should have the same change to loot a item no matter when you play.(aka, when an event begin 90% of the items drop in the first minutes, and MA says, best example to prove how wrong they are when they say that: "all have same chances",BS!)

i am pretty sure that, to change this, they have to redo the fundamentals of the loot algorithm which is sure not that easy to change and is pretty deep inside how eu is build...possibly one of the oldest systems still in place all which came based on this..

same with mutated bones

MA Lacks balancing in some stuff but that isnt anything new
However some shroms started to get nerfed and phased
Could go a week with none, and day with 4-5.

Havent looted one at all past weeks whatsoever

regarding large chadriak mushrooms, it sounds like BS to me that one drops every x minutes, and i'm 100% sure people don't know when the next one will drop...

same with radiant crystal shards - i've had days where i looted 2 myself, and there were several weeks (in jan) without one being looted by anyone at all...

just my 2c!

same thing as with the mutated bones I guess :p

Not same. It WAS something like that, except it was few days + random timer or few more days. Now (based on Kim) it is XXXX kills to spawn boss, however - every server restart reset that counting. Ofc some bones droping from usual mobs too (usual aurli and in cave), but its more random. Sometimes few in one day, sometimes none for few weeks... That what we cant say about mushrooms.

I've found the perfect way to find mutated bones and shrooms.

Basic: Shoot + loot, get one here and there.

Mid level: Shoot alot + loot alot, a few more than basic

Advanced: No life, shoot + loot 24/7, A few more that mid level

Reactions: Mac
That 45 minute timer theory is complete and utter BS.

Since Oct 21, 2014, 1217 Large Chadriak Mushrooms have dropped. Here are the intervals (in minutes) between two consecutive shrooms:
shrooms.jpg

(a histogram would be more appropriate but I have only OpenOffice on this comp)

As you can see, there are no multiple maximums around 45/90/135 minutes.

Here is raw data if anyone wants to play with it.

Since Oct 21, 2014, 1217 Large Chadriak Mushrooms have dropped. Here are the intervals (in minutes) between two consecutive shrooms:
shrooms.jpg

Actually you proved his point very nicely and justified my strategy when I'm more in a "let's try to loot markup" mood instead of a "i only have a couple hours to play and am not going to spend it waiting" mood (second is unfortunately the reality for me usually): if you see a drop, stop hunting for ~25 minutes. Really the only thing that makes this less than reliable is the silent drop, but often you can find out one dropped, anyway.

PS I really dislike how jaded this game has made me. All those nasty old chestnuts from "if you can't beat them, join them" to "everyone else is doing it" come to mind. And all because MA lost the HR and/or will necessary to modify their most core system sometime early in their existence.

Last edited:
As u cant see..

Many leave the first in inv and keep hunting, no 1 ped loot hofs, but the first, even if u get 5 in a row.

shrooms.jpg

it works like
"after 45 min put shroom in pool"
or
"after 45 mins look how much pyrite is crafted away and put back in pool"

so doesn't have to be maximum at 90 min if you start hunt 60 min after last drop will drop the one "available for loot at 45 mins"...

Last edited:
Actually you proved his point very nicely and justified my strategy when I'm more in a "let's try to loot markup" mood instead of a "i only have a couple hours to play and am not going to spend it waiting" mood (second is unfortunately the reality for me usually): if you see a drop, stop hunting for ~25 minutes.

Waves are real. Knowing in advance when the next wave will start is unicorns. Sure, there are ways to take advantage of waves but they are completely different from what OP prescribes.

The only thing I'm not sure of is what OP's agenda is - trying to scare away competitors or something worse.

all was ok , but ma made that "rare messages" that showed 1 ped tt value drops and people can use it as a timer now.

this system was allways just noone could identify it since rare messages showed. even guns and other stuff was ok with sis system when gun tt was minimum 10k , not 1-50 ped like now.

they just fucked up it using low tt value of items.

p.s. i think i saw tacos thread about same just different topic few days ago

it works like
"after 45 min put shroom in pool"
or
"after 45 mins look how much pyrite is crafted away and put back in pool"

so doesn't have to be maximum at 90 min if you start hunt 60 min after last drop will drop the one "available for loot at 45 mins"...
Well, if it can explain away everything, it's not even a theory but a doctrine like perception. :)

Waves are real. Knowing in advance when the next wave will start is unicorns. Sure, there are ways to take advantage of waves but they are completely different from what OP prescribes.

The only thing I'm not sure of is what OP's agenda is - trying to scare away competitors or something worse.

By conceding that waves are real and a quick look at your graph, you should be able to recognize that the OP is pointing out a real problem with the loot system -- if we assume that the loot system should encourage people to grind rather than try to time drops. Whether it's exactly 45 minutes or not isn't really the issue, it's knowing that there's any amount of dead time (or almost dead time) in the cycle.

By conceding that waves are real and a quick look at your graph, you should be able to recognize that the OP is pointing out a real problem with the loot system -- if we assume that the loot system should encourage people to grind rather than try to time drops. Whether it's exactly 45 minutes or not isn't really the issue, it's knowing that there's any amount of dead time (or almost dead time) in the cycle.
I've never said waves were not real so there's nothing to "concede", stop twisting my words.

The amount of dead time, it can be as little as five minutes, and can as well be five hours (well established on small mobs that drop more common stuff in waves). Good luck timing that.

As for "pointing out a real problem", MA does know, and almost everyone does know. Maybe you could find two or three people who are FOB enough not to know, but those won't benefit from this mixture of few facts and boatloads of BS anyway.

all was ok , but ma made that "rare messages" that showed 1 ped tt value drops and people can use it as a timer now.

this system was allways just noone could identify it since rare messages showed. even guns and other stuff was ok with sis system when gun tt was minimum 10k , not 1-50 ped like now.

they just fucked up it using low tt value of items.

p.s. i think i saw tacos thread about same just different topic few days ago

So before when less people did know that - it was "ok". Now it isnt?

<removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never said waves were not real so there's nothing to "concede", stop twisting my words.

The amount of dead time, it can be as little as five minutes, and can as well be five hours (well established on small mobs that drop more common stuff in waves). Good luck timing that.

As for "pointing out a real problem", MA does know, and almost everyone does know. Maybe you could find two or three people who are FOB enough not to know, but those won't benefit from this mixture of few facts and boatloads of BS anyway.

Easy there Trigger. This is the Bug Reports subforum and I was just pointing out that any minimum gap in drops effectively breaks the intended purpose of the loot system (if we assume MA=rational, which is of course a bit of a stretch but that's neither here nor there), thus constituting a bug and making this a discussion of a valid bug. Although you were rebutting the OP in the specifics, as you conceded that some gap exists (5 minutes is your minimum; in the more specific case of the real subtext of this OP (mushrooms), mine is ~20 minutes), you are obviously in agreement that this constitutes a bug report (in that it breaks the intended purpose of the loot system from the designer's perspective) so there's no need to bite my head off.

Don't get me wrong hulk.. I don't mind you doing the camping on the aurli's but let's get real for a minute..
It's exactly the same, you pick your timing to get the mu..
Hell I do that on every mob & always have...
Even 5 years ago when I was doing chomps, if I didn't see a HL15 in XX globals I would change mobs..
Same with sumi, scip and all other mobs
Also, it took them a year to change bone drops wich was actually a simple fix..
How long do you expect b4 they change this? :p

So before when less people did know that - it was "ok". Now it isnt?

We did camp, right. At same time we where asking MA to change it. It was changed in cave like a year ago? Btw, see how much "we" got globals there and then tell that it was/is standing afk :laugh:

I know for a fact that a certain player logged in way before everyone else and that made you furious! Which makes sense to file sup case regarding the matter...just saying! Don't want to mention names but both you and I know who it is...

People know that if someone looted a mushroom, next one will drop after 40-50 min or so, and they just go afk for that time.

u are wrong there... just because u got 2 in a row today doesnt mean it works that way.

But i agree with u, there is a pattern, and i did grind 500 K ped on marcimex and hate those who go afk between drops and come back then when they guess next drop is due...

believe me.... i looted more than 200 mushrooms, and u are wrong with your guessing. also it has nothing to do here with "how many mushrooms being used"...

Just remove the rare drop announcment ingame already!
I was alot happier before seeing the loot waves during the big events :yay:

<removed>

u are wrong there... just because u got 2 in a row today doesnt mean it works that way.

But i agree with u, there is a pattern, and i did grind 500 K ped on marcimex and hate those who go afk between drops and come back then when they guess next drop is due...

believe me.... i looted more than 200 mushrooms, and u are wrong with your guessing. also it has nothing to do here with "how many mushrooms being used"...

Then why people are asking all the time - "anyone got silent one?" After someone saying it was droped - few going afk all the time :) I dont say it is 100% like that, but something close.

Just remove the rare drop announcment ingame already!
I was alot happier before seeing the loot waves during the big events :yay:

That would cover it, but not remove. Grope of people who are grinding and using that will tell each other taht it was looted and all can go afk or just change mob for "empty" time

/mod note/

Regardless of what the threadstarter has, or hasn't, done himself in the past, how about everyone just address the topic of the thread?
Pros, cons, if the current system doesn't work then why specifically is that a problem, what needs to be changed, how it would work better, how much of a priority this should be for MindArk, etc.

<removed> if i did not told that in PCF, dont mean i did not wrote support cases about that. However i see that support dont care much, or at least they care much more when PCF thread is made, so now i do both (support cases and PCF threads)

P.S. Question - noone did know about that, thats why noone wrote? And when i write about something, then everyone complain that WSS (or me) did use that for years. So maybe if YOU find out about bug/exploit or just unfair game - bring it up, let everyone know... Maybe then MA fix things faster and we all can play with more fun and less hate?!

Now :topic:

Back