What do you make of this...... (Mobtrain)

Wouldnt be hard for MA to prohibit it by giving each mob spawn area a "no pass" border.
But my guess. Some teenager was bored and had no more peds and didnt think it would turn into a drama.

Thats nothing new, its pvp...Ppl has done it for years.:laugh:

It's pvp.

It's not an exploit.

No whining.

One of the most popular pastimes in Entropia since forever.

And I would rather deal with someone mobtraining over my hunting grounds every hour than with hard restrictions like
Wouldnt be hard for MA to prohibit it by giving each mob spawn area a "no pass" border.

More please! :yup: Damn I miss these! :beerchug:

This has been done for ages, it was fun back when people was fun. Now everything is drama.

If it wasn't part of the experience, MA would've done something about it by now. Fact of the matter is, a well orchestrated mob train is just one of the funniest activities within entropia... o0oo00o0o0o0o00o0oo000ooooo

Ahh the days. This is how you do it :)

the difference is star train with his own skills and gear (not vehicle)

however alfonso on the other hand uses a vehicle in a way it was not intended so he gets allmost no decay while he drags on other players causeing distress and decay to them.
it stops being funny after the first 10 times he does it but after everyday for 10hours or better of he do this you only wish to shoot this person.

sorry to crash the party for those who would think useing a vehicle to mob train is ok but...
while others have been baned for this

c. You cannot interfere with any other Participants ability to use and enjoy the Entropia Universe.

what the guy training in video needs is a quick and decisive blow from ban hammer upside his head.

Sorry to spoil the fun but my one and only support case about the subject i ever made had an answer along the line that it was not allowed and video should be made plus new support case.

Funny it seems that none of the poster supporting the wild idea mob trains qre fun 1nd or should be allowed never fucking step in pvp.

It's 2015 .. an odd-numbered year so time for this topic to re-emerge I guess:
Here's some earlier threads on this to save everyone going around in circles again.
2009: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-turret-at-The-Oil-Rig!!!-Stop-the-mob-trains!!!
2011: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?156036-Are-mobtrains-against-the-EULA
2013: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?236940-Mobs-and-PvP
(I didn't go back to 2007, but there was probably one then too ...)

Now I know hardly anyone is going to bother to read all those, so to summarise:
  • Mob-trains are not an issue, until they impact on another player. If you want to run round and round in a deserted area trailing a string of mobs, noone will give a damn.
  • A single mob-train also generally isn't an issue, unless it's part of a pattern of griefing.
  • However, repeated mob-training that harasses or disrupts the gameplay of one or more players - whether done in or out of PVP areas - has in the past lead to a temp ban.

There's been no announcement of changes to MindArk's policy on that, that I've seen posted here.

Sorry to spoil the fun but my one and only support case about the subject i ever made had an answer along the line that it was not allowed and video should be made plus new support case.

Funny it seems that none of the poster supporting the wild idea mob trains qre fun 1nd or should be allowed never fucking step in pvp.

I used to PvP almost constantly. Just don't waste my PEDs on it currently.

good on him, nothing in entropia should be free.

so the welfare line cannot just stand around picking oil, QQ... I do not care for the wants and cares of leaches.

Brings back great memories. Loved them when people use drag Argo into Twin and the Spider / Atrox trains into the old Rig.
Nothing more terrifying when you in OJ's seeing dozens spiders rumbling in!:laugh:

Brings back great memories. Loved them when people use drag Argo into Twin and the Spider / Atrox trains into the old Rig.
Nothing more terrifying when you in OJ's seeing dozens spiders rumbling in!:laugh:

Agreed, nothing like the trains that overwhelmed the turrets and made it into twin

20mins after this thread went up a couple of alt accounts(well known mob trainers)draged in about 50trox on rig
..right after the main come online and tried to run and snatch oil while the mobs killed all there.

i cant specify on any names as not allowed but(this only causes drama and grief to the players)PvP is basically
destroyed allready without encourageing such behavior.

PvPer who spend and deposit for good gear and hunt griefed on and get trolled by noobs and alts
mob trainers-( which are the real welfare seeker)who want to troll you so they can withdraw
becuase they to broke to deposit for gear and ammo to fight so they try to troll PvPer with mob trains constantly.

when PvPer(depositor) has had enough he either hunt or leave game as many has as no enjoyment in takeing huge
amounts of decay to your armor you spend $$$ for.

maybe you can come try to run around 50 trox banging your armor and plates..sometimes you cant move at all becuase mobs block you in
so you must suicide to get free.
i wonder how long anyone would stay after the first 10 waves and -100ped decay to armor alone while the mob trainer has an alt dead at rig
to call to him drops.

after you've been successfully trolled the mob trainer (welfare seeker) can place his alt in tower to attract the mobs on him while other alt
stand and picks and when people come he can drag mob back on you. :laugh:

this is the reality of what i see people here encourageing
and if you dont go to rig you dont know this. you only think what fun it was when someone mob trained twin peaks
and i admit a twin peaks train can be pretty fun from time to time. but if it was done constantly throughout the day
i can also assure you people would grow tired of it and start sending support cases.

the moral of the story is dont feed the griefer what only wishes you personal grief
i log in today and not long did it take to see ashi rig being mob trained.
mostly just 2people who do this and have made alts strictly to collect there (welfare)

btw here's another link of mob train...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2Qr23o5ezY&feature=youtu.be

It's 2015 .. an odd-numbered year so time for this topic to re-emerge I guess:
Here's some earlier threads on this to save everyone going around in circles again.
2009: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-turret-at-The-Oil-Rig!!!-Stop-the-mob-trains!!!
2011: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?156036-Are-mobtrains-against-the-EULA
2013: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?236940-Mobs-and-PvP
(I didn't go back to 2007, but there was probably one then too ...)

Now I know hardly anyone is going to bother to read all those, so to summarise:
  • Mob-trains are not an issue, until they impact on another player. If you want to run round and round in a deserted area trailing a string of mobs, noone will give a damn.
  • A single mob-train also generally isn't an issue, unless it's part of a pattern of griefing.
  • However, repeated mob-training that harasses or disrupts the gameplay of one or more players - whether done in or out of PVP areas - has in the past lead to a temp ban.

There's been no announcement of changes to MindArk's policy on that, that I've seen posted here.
I hate mob trains!

funny how so many people are so pro-train at the rig, when MA will tell you it's not allowed!

and then so many people (probably the same people) are against virtually anything else MA says is not allowed! Like Sleipner hunting, trapping mobs, exploiting radar glitches, scamming players, market manipulation, etc....

but Trains are "fun" and "do more, do bigger!", wtf?! :scratch2:

Trains suck!

I thought, in pvp it is explicitly NOT harassment to attack and disrupt other players, since that is the whole idea. A mob train is an effective weapon. Did MA actually say at one point they don't like it? Then what stops them from securing the rig with turrets.

Back