Mercury Virtual Properties - Investment Opportunity

Mercury

Marauder
Society
Dark Templar
Jenna "Star" Mercury
For those of you looking to make an investment in the near future: I give to you a great opportunity to make some real PEDS in Entropia.

Earnings should be 10-20% per year. On a good year, 30%.

What is the investment?

- I participate in events.
- Prize winnings are shared with investors
- PEDs are used to buy needed gear and things needed for events
- No reselling and no land areas.

1) The investment is NOT for Monria. Although I had originally thought about going for Monria prior to its initial purchase, I don't think it is going to become profitable without a lot of hard work. A part of me thinks hard work may not even be enough. That's the part of me that thinks this investment is already not worth bringing others in for.

2) The investment is NOT for other land areas. I'd be willing to point out to the community my experience in that matter. I've owned quite a few land areas and can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that 95% of them aren't worth owning. The only reason to purchase a LA would be a new DNA that no one has. I don't mean a rare DNA, I mean a NEW DNA. Anyone with a premium land area isn't selling or is unrealistic with their price. No point in buying at this time.

3) The investment is NOT for the Terminator. For many reasons, this gun is not worth owning at this time. To name a few reasons: Price point (Overpriced vs. what was paid), alternatives entering the market (CDF XTLC 1000, BL1950 (L), and probably some others not discovered). It has recently changed hands and I don't believe the owner is selling. I may consider rental from him when the time comes though.

4) The investment will include gear needed for events. Having sold a lot of my gear in order to purchase a home for my family IRL, I have found a need to borrow gear when events roll around. I'd prefer to purchase the gear at low/reasonable prices and then use it during daily hunting and events. This requires a decent chunk of PEDS which I don't currently have available. A lot of the gear needed is on the market at this time. Most of it has reasonable prices. Some of it is marked below market value.

I suppose anyone could get on the forum and say "I could use some PEDS, will you give me some to win events". To be clear, I still have a 350 health avatar with Carramone T2.9, over level 100 evader, and almost level 160 blp sniper. I also have a proven track record of past profits in game from purchases and an unrivaled event resumé.

Trust is an issue for many people as well. I have done many trades inside of the Entropia Universe. The Crystal Palace group we put together had 3,100,000 PEDS in my possession, of which 370,000 were mine. No collateral was given to the players who invested. Unfortunately, we lost the bidding; all PED was promptly returned following the bidding. I've borrowed mod faps, imp mk2's, mod mercs, the terminator, along with many other items not worth mentioning. My real life name is publicly known, shown on my stream often, and I'm not shy about where I live. Trust is NOT an issue.

What is the minimum investment?

Currently the minimum investment is set to 5k per player.

How much PED will be needed?

This depends a great deal on how much each item costs.

Minimum amount for gear = 100k
Preferred amount for gear = 250k

How will profits be determined?

1) Event Performance

The overall investment percentage will be figured vs. my current ownership (Carramone and skills count for something). Two other factors included are time spent during events (paid per hour) and profit/loss during event. If the event is profitable lootwise, that will also be shared with investors. If it is a loss lootwise, that will be removed from the winnings prior to payout. Anyone investing will gain a share in profits. If the event is a loss overall, I will take on the burden of this loss. This will cover a "rental" of me using the gear during the rest of the year. Tiering the gear will be needed as well. This will be shared equally. This is one of the main reasons why a 5k minimum investment is required.

2) Selling of any gear to change/upgrade

Any item invested in will be up for sale along the way if an change or upgrade happens in gear. After selling, the item will be divided based upon % ownership.

3) Profit sharing on daily hunting

This idea is still unclear. Some discussion with other investors is needed about this matter. This depends on whether hunting PEDS will be coming out of the investment or not.

How can a person get out of the investment group?

Anyone wishing to leave is free to. This will of course require their PEDS being refunded. The refund process will require selling a piece or pieces of gear which would obviously cripple event chances. Leaving the group could require waiting until after the next 2 "Major" events. Currently, there are 3 "Major" events in the rotation for Entropia. The 3 Majors in EU are The Core, Halloween Mayhem, and Merry Mayhem. Due to the luck factors in The Core and Easter Mayhem, they've been grouped as 1 Major. If a person wishes to leave within 2 weeks of the conclusion of a Major, they will only need to wait for 1 more Major before being refunded. This allows for those who feel my performance is lacking to be able to see what the results were in 1 event and then get out following the next event.

The refund process could take anywhere from 1 day to 8 months depending upon the speed of finding a suitable replacement of gear or funds. It may be extremely easy to replace a person wishing to leave with a new member of the group or other members. I just want to be sure anyone wishing to leave is prepared to wait if it requires waiting.

How will we communicate?

1) Forum
2) In game
3) Email
4) Google docs

I hope this clears up any questions. If there are other questions, feel free to post them in this thread and I'll add them to this as a FAQ list.

If interested, PM Mercury on this Forum or send a PM inside Entropia to "Jenna Star Mercury".

Thank you and Happy HoFFing!

Last edited:
Just a quick question: Payout once a year? Quarterly or ? :)

Payouts after earned profits. This can occur 1 time per quarter, 2 times per quarter, or 1-2 times per year depending on earnings.

Bump it up. I guess my last bump was within 24 hours somehow. :) Didn't think it mattered much as it was the next day for me.

I like some information on this please, preferably openly posted but if needed per pn

Angel

give me some more info PM

Info would be nice, ty

Info would be nice, ty

-Zap

You buying Calypso's 3rd continent Star? ;)

Bump - Lots of interest so far

Just curious what is the point of sending more info by pm, at least more of the general info about the investment. Instead of having interested parties seeing more info in the main post? Good luck with your venture.

D

Heya,

I'd be interested in investing an amount ranging from 5,000 to 50,000 depending on how confident I feel about the project. If you have any further information to share at this time, please post or pm.

Bump it up...

Any who pm'd before should pm me again with their exact amount they'd like to invest. :) Thank you.

There has been no information released about the investment...

Just some bumps and the word venture..

I'd like to know more before even considering investing; and apparently others would too. All we can do at this point is speculate..

Guessing plan is to buy Monria, use the funds to revitalize it with good loot and new mobs? Idk, just speculating as is everyone else it seems.

Sorry, I have released information via PM's to interested investors. This was to prevent a few of the "less reputable" players from either hijacking the idea or hijacking the thread itself. :)

In order to maintain the consistently high level of trust and transparency, I'll go ahead and address player concerns. The initial post will be updated to cover the main points of the investment idea.

kinda off subject - but gratz on your 8k Mulciber! BAM!

(and personal bump to a trustworthy player)

How much do we have to invest to be able to log in and play Star ourselves ;) :wtg:

Sure, I'm in.

Pm your adress and I'll send that evil little critter right away. :silly2:

I was thinking, be careful what you ask for, the phrase "Spawn of Satan" came to mind :laugh:

Who called me?

Bump it up....

Will any of the money collected be used for reselling and if so will this be split with a bigger portion to investors then to you're self?

Will any of the money collected be used for reselling and if so will this be split with a bigger portion to investors then to you're self?

The money was not going to be used for "reselling". The only reselling would be when gear is no longer used and an upgrade is needed.

Bump it up... :)

To short ......

Last edited:
When I make my daily cycle through my preferred crowdfunding platforms, I like to read proposals which make quite clear what you'd be investing in.

This thread does not make this clear...

When I make my daily cycle through my preferred crowdfunding platforms, I like to read proposals which make quite clear what you'd be investing in.

This thread does not make this clear...

You'd be funding my events with some gear I'd need. You'd get back PED after I win prizes. Clear? :)

Back