Servers Are Down

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Our servers are now down while we implement Entropia Universe Release 15.2.3.
We estimate that the servers will be made available again at 2015-04-21 09:00 UTC.Â!

Originally Posted Here

Thanks for the notice in forums after they are down that they are coming down.:D

Better luck this time! :lolup:

Thanks for the notice in forums after they are down that they are coming down.:D

I have been trying to log in for the last few minutes, very confused why i couldnt get in lol. Kept saying server not available

Rgds

Ace

Sorry for the random youtube lol

Server Status
Some areas or services may be inaccessible.
This does not have to affect your gameplay.
Server Status
All systems are down for maintenance

sometimes i just love those MSGs on client

lest hope we get server down for UPDATE too

10616479_10202992750676597_7340968670837975882_n.jpg

What goes up… better doggone well stay up. (Morgan Gravitonics, Company Slogan)

Hehehe will see when they are online again.

Always funny to read 'Servers are down' because for me it means they have crashed.

Typically, when we say a server is down, what we mean is that the program that is designed to respond to requests from the network is not doing so. There are a number of reasons that could happen, and each of them call for a different solution. Here are some example:

1. The power to the computer it runs on was cut. There are many reasons this could happen, including but not limited to people pulling the wrong plug while doing maintenance, cleaning, etc. In that case, you have to restore power.
2. The network connection stopped working. This could be because of a physical cable that got unplugged, or because some piece of network equipment failed. Network equipment can overheat. Sometimes there are subtle bugs in the software it runs that only show up every once in a while, and the network equipment needs to be restarted. Sometimes, some totally unrelated system using the same network can go haywire and flood the network with too much traffic, which could slow down everything else and sometimes even trigger problems in the software or configuration that aren't usually noticed.
3. The computer is connected to power and the network, but for some reason it is not actually on. Maybe the power was cut earlier, and the computer is not configured to turn back on when the power is restored. Maybe

But hey, not complaining here. :D

Psst MA, its 0906 UTC now..

downloaded the update but patchin wouldnt work :S

Moonbase Alpha was made in 2010 by a compnay for NASA. Was that the moon base simulation that MindArk was asked to help make?:scratch2:

Moonbase Alpha was made in 2010 by a compnay for NASA. Was that the moon base simulation that MindArk was asked to help make?:scratch2:

yes I believe it was.

error

error
can update to the new patch get an error message that says: Could not start the updater application!
anyone that can help me out with this issue?!

Carnage... and like wtf on Moonbase Alpha!! haha. I thought the MindArk one was a different one to that?!

Meanwhile, the impromptu update without warning is probably due to complaints filed by the "Confidential Committee on Moral Abuses". (If you get that reference I'll give you ... kudos!)

Entropia Universe - Wrong

Last edited:
Carnage... and like wtf on Moonbase Alpha!! haha. I thought the MindArk one was a different one to that?!

I think there was one for NASA and then sometime after that was something for the European Space Agency.

There is also every chance I am remembering it wrong.

Meanwhile, the impromptu update without warning is probably due to complaints filed by the "Confidential Committee on Moral Abuses". (If you get that reference I'll give you ... kudos!)

Entropia Universe - Wrong

I think there was one for NASA and then sometime after that was something for the European Space Agency.

There is also every chance I am remembering it wrong.

From what I remember reading on forums back then MA didn't get the job so it most likely doesn't look the same due to that. I could be completely wrong though. Can't find anything on the NASA website about Moonbase Alpha to verify who helped make it.

From what I remember reading on forums back then MA didn't get the job so it most likely doesn't look the same due to that. I could be completely wrong though. Can't find anything on the NASA website about Moonbase Alpha to verify who helped make it.

That's how i remember it to, MA tried for the job, but didnt succeed. Don't remember anything about EU one though.

Rgds

Ace

from wiki
Developers: Virtual Heroes, Inc. and America's Army Game Studio
Engine: Unreal Engine 3

That's how i remember it to, MA tried for the job, but didnt succeed. Don't remember anything about EU one though.

Rgds

Ace

Yeah MA didn't get the NASA job but this HERE is about the case study thing they did with the ESA.

Back