So who's jacking up the CLD prices? This is really silly

Magyar_Republic

Self-requested Deactivation
Society
Whiskey Confederacy
Edward Magyar Republic
CLD are not paying out any more than they did a year ago, and are paying out about 1/3 of what they did at launch, and prices are skyrocketing.

Anyone not think this is extremely hokey?

Just to get this out there: No, MindArk is not buying them back.

This is rampant player speculation. A bubble without any sort of grounding in reality at all.

It's going to pop, and alot of people are going to lose their shirts.

Best deed purchase in game vs aud and compet. Silly mu maybe, but a bit justified.

Good time to sell imo. Let it burst.

voting and housing r on their way and probably more n more clds r getting in hands of ppl who want to keep them for looong

If mr luckyman87 was serious - i think he stated back in december that he was going to buy several thousand still - if there is more buyers then sellers any price will skyrocket until its changing.

I streamed 90 globals in a row on caly with NO items in loot.

Yesterday, I streamed 25 globals on ARK with 18 guns and lots of other stuff.

And get similar amounts of guns swords and armor on RT and CY lately.

Why anyone would hunt on Caly right now is beyond comprehension.

It's like MA is trying to crash the deed price, but people are too stupid to stop hunting there.

Leave caly behind and stay out of the UG. Let the deeds rot.

If mr luckyman87 was serious - i think he stated back in december that he was going to buy several thousand still - if there is more buyers then sellers any price will skyrocket until its changing.

He wasnt serious......not even close :)

CLD are not paying out any more than they did a year ago, and are paying out about 1/3 of what they did at launch, and prices are skyrocketing.

Anyone not think this is extremely hokey?

Just to get this out there: No, MindArk is not buying them back.

This is rampant player speculation. A bubble without any sort of grounding in reality at all.

It's going to pop, and alot of people are going to lose their shirts.

1/3 of what they did at launch? :scratch2: Your math must be a bit off....it's more like like 75-80% compared to first year numbers or something like that.

I don't know the current price of the CLDs, but with a pay-out around average 4ped/week you have a yearly 20% ROI with CLD price at 1000 ped, 10% at a price of 2000 ped. With a world economy where the interest-rates how dropped to zero is not bad to get 10% on your savings, even if I think 12-15% should be a more correct ROI demand on the CLDs. As long as the ROI is 10% or higher it's pretty much impossible to claim it's a "bubble".

1/3 of what they did at launch? :scratch2: Your math must be a bit off....it's more like like 75-80% compared to first year numbers or something like that.

In 2015 so far average PED/CLD is:
83.5% of what was it in whole 2012 (so far best year)
and 94.4% of total average since beginning till now.

<removed> nothing here, just move on ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hahaha not even 1 deed!
Funny that he created a ton of avatars called "mr big money's assistant 1", "Mr bigmoney's assistant 2" etc.

The AUDs have now started moving upwards trading at 51Ped each, since the broker was closed and now a finite supply, the price will keep going up. I expect they will be worth 60Ped in a few months.

Compet deeds are low at the moment as the Compet game is yet to be launched, once its out combined with its integration into Stables I expect to see Compet deeds increase in value.

Now CLDs, the speculation on the voting system and 3x3 LA is driving the value up, not the return. I expect once the reality of what CLDs give in terms of voting and LA the price will drop. A good time to sell is now.

The AUDs have now started moving upwards trading at 51Ped each, since the broker was closed and now a finite supply, the price will keep going up. I expect they will be worth 60Ped in a few months.

The AUD Broker was removed but the deeds are still available via the webstore so they're actually not all sold out yet.

Compet deeds are low at the moment as the Compet game is yet to be launched, once its out combined with its integration into Stables I expect to see Compet deeds increase in value.

Now CLDs, the speculation on the voting system and 3x3 LA is driving the value up, not the return. I expect once the reality of what CLDs give in terms of voting and LA the price will drop. A good time to sell is now.

Auds can still be bought through webbshop.

Edit: Missed Jods poat

I think there are several people, like myself, who have bought some deeds in the beginning, and are now just buying more deeds from the income. Since they have a goal of buying more CLD and they get the CLD income for 'free' they don't care too much what the current price of CLD is since they are in it for the long run.

It didn't matter too much to me when the price dropped to 1200, it doesn't matter to me too much that the price is closing in on 1600 now, and i think most long term owners feel that way.

Combination of re-sellers inflating prices, scarcity of the deeds being sold by anyone other then re-sellers and the expectation of the land plots and voting rights.:wise:

Prices will keep going up until they get too high for the people who really want them to buy. Then the re-sellers will sit on them until someone who really really wants them buys. :D

Last edited:
The ROI is not the only factor in the price. You need to also consider the alternatives. Many people have a large amount of PED in-game without any intention of withdrawing them. The alternative to buying deeds is leaving peds on the card or holding on to items that are constantly losing value. At least the deeds give a payout even if their price may fall (which as pointed out before by Harmony doesn't matter much if you hold them for long enough).

People are very naive buying CLD and only look at the pay out ratio, the weekly revenue! Did you forget to check how the company finances are going? This is the only thing people look at buying IRL stocks, but in EU all people forgets about it or doesn't have a clue what they are doing...

I know alot stocks that pay better than the 10% and is alot less risky. But keep buying people, but pls no whining post later if shit hit the fan and you lose it all.

BKK

The AUD Broker was removed but the deeds are still available via the webstore so they're actually not all sold out yet.

But only available for people with a credit card. In Usa normal, in Europe not so normal. Ingame availability only through players.. so the price will go up.

But only available for people with a credit card. In Usa normal, in Europe not so normal. Ingame availability only through players.. so the price will go up.

You don't need a credit card, a... What would you call it, a debit card? I dujnno. Normal VISA/Mastercard you pay with in shops using your own money. I'd say that is world wide standard in every well developed country.

You don't need a credit card, a... What would you call it, a debit card? I dujnno. Normal VISA/Mastercard you pay with in shops using your own money. I'd say that is world wide standard in every well developed country.

Exactly, a normal debit card (I have a mastercard) works for these purchases, although the fees are not so friendly... So whenever I deposit I do it as a regular European bank transfer which literally costs cents.

There is one avater who bought several k deeds in last months for real and I am pretty shure his name isnt luckyman :laugh: (sold him a lot of deeds myself )

and if you trust MA mainly for not going bankrupt CLD are still giving nice interests, so why not pay yearly income *10

Webstore accepts paypal.

Looks like someone wants to buy CLDs

Regardless of whether there's someone jacking up the prices or not, at the end of the day...its still the question of how much is too much for you?

If its in your acceptable range, you buy it.

If its not, then you either hold onto your money or spend it on something else.

Besides, judging by MA's protocol, there's always something that they will be selling to you...every year...in order to pull peds out of the system anyway. ;)

I was just commenting on this in soc chat yesterday. Over the weekend i watched a few known auction shills bidding up all listed CLDs to about 20 PEDs over previous sale prices and then a bunch of deeds were listed by same "player" at the new inflated price.

The price is being artificially inflated, but it remains possible to do so because CLDs are one of the few "reliable" things to put your PEDs in nowdays because of the new MA policy of systematically devalueing tools (items with in-game use) to continually drain PEDs in the form of lost markup. For example, I have been holding a lot of CLDs even though I am in the market for both an UL weapon and a decent FAP, and have also looked at the crit bonus attachments, but have avoiding buying any of them because of the constantly eroding prices and uncertainty what obsolesence-inducing changes the next event prizes will bring.

Last edited:
People are very naive buying CLD and only look at the pay out ratio, the weekly revenue! Did you forget to check how the company finances are going? This is the only thing people look at buying IRL stocks, but in EU all people forgets about it or doesn't have a clue what they are doing...

I know alot stocks that pay better than the 10% and is alot less risky. But keep buying people, but pls no whining post later if shit hit the fan and you lose it all.

BKK

And add on top all the stupid things MA keep doing these days I would take my money and run.

Last edited:
Still it is worth a lot more to have 100k ped in cld than in UL stuff

BKK

I don't think people that buys a lot of CLD are that naive, they know the risk with MA. An when you say "a lot of stocks pay better than 10%" I assume you are includes the increase in the value of the share, because no share that are not super risky would pay a dividend of 10% of the market-value. But because of the risk with MA I also think a you should have a minimum 13-15% ROI demand for any investment done inside EU, if the money comes from a deposit. If you have money in the game that you don't want to withdraw, you could accept even lower ROI.

CLD was NOT a bad investment in my opinion (at 1200 or lower) for the last few years.

However, it IS bad for the game, and its future is bleak.

One of the previous posters was right...there will always be something new sold off by MA...if you think the Equus were expensive, wait til you all see how much it costs to build freakin HOUSES on a 3x3.

The prices will not ever be higher than what they are...they are way too high already, imho.

You all forgot one VERY important thing:

Companies get shit figured out over time, and usually become better and stronger.
MA is doing this, and what is the easiest way for it to double its profit once MA see's that its ideas are finally working? It's NOT to double its player (depositor) base...it is to rebuy, reduce, or re-appropriate the CLD's.

Trust me, MA is NEVER gonna let itself grow and grow, and keep giving you half its profits. There are other things that you haven't seen. And the destruction of your CLD's will surprise many of you when you finally get the chance to build your shitty track-homes. MA will NOT be stupid in this, the MOST important decision it ever made. Most of the CLD holders are dreaming if they are looking more than 6-12 months down the road. It was a great investment for a few years...but it will change.

Those that really want a house have their 9 already and will gladly turn 14k ped into a house worth probably that much at first. Those that don't care about houses will continue to be faced with a variety of new things that will tempt them into cld destruction and or rushed-sales due to decline, or maybe even very profitable sales for a short time due to the housing rush, and in the final days, the CLD's will be worthless as most of the small group of house builders (or whatever else MA thinks of that is attractive enough to some to get them to destroy a CLD) people will have already have what they needed or have defected to greener pastures. MA makes more money by more planets and more players...not by more people doing nothing on Caly hoarding their CLD's. They sold out the planet, and many of you all bought it.

Last edited:
CLD was NOT a bad investment in my opinion (at 1200 or lower) for the last few years.

However, it IS bad for the game, and its future is bleak.

One of the previous posters was right...there will always be something new sold off by MA...if you think the Equus were expensive, wait til you all see how much it costs to build freakin HOUSES on a 3x3.

The prices will not ever be higher than what they are...they are way too high already, imho.

You all forgot one VERY important thing:

Companies get shit figured out over time, and usually become better and stronger.
MA is doing this, and what is the easiest way for it to double its profit once MA see's that its ideas are finally working? It's NOT to double its player (depositor) base...it is to rebuy, reduce, or re-appropriate the CLD's.

Trust me, MA is NEVER gonna let itself grow and grow, and keep giving you half its profits. There are other things that you haven't seen. And the destruction of your CLD's will surprise many of you when you finally get the chance to build your shitty track-homes. MA will NOT be stupid in this, the MOST important decision it ever made. Most of the CLD holders are dreaming if they are looking more than 6-12 months down the road. It was a great investment for a few years...but it will change.

Those that really want a house have their 9 already and will gladly turn 14k ped into a house worth probably that much at first. Those that don't care about houses will continue to be faced with a variety of new things that will tempt them into cld destruction and or rushed-sales due to decline, or maybe even very profitable sales for a short time due to the housing rush, and in the final days, the CLD's will be worthless as most of the small group of house builders (or whatever else MA thinks of that is attractive enough to some to get them to destroy a CLD) people will have already have what they needed or have defected to greener pastures. MA makes more money by more planets and more players...not by more people doing nothing on Caly hoarding their CLD's. They sold out the planet, and many of you all bought it.

I can agree on that it was bad for MA to selling out a big share of the revenue. At the same time it created commitment to the game for the players that bought them. But it's not 50% of the revenue it's 25% of the revenue on Calypso that they sold out.

And I can't see how they would be able to "destroy" our CLDs because of the house building/land grab, because that would pretty much be seen as very misleading compare how they was marketing it.

Back