So who's jacking up the CLD prices? This is really silly

And I can't see how they would be able to "destroy" our CLDs because of the house building/land grab, because that would pretty much be seen as very misleading compare how they was marketing it.

While i don't disagree with your statement, i don't think it's really relevant. MA will do what they will do and there's nobody to say otherwise, especially for something as nebulously-defined and delayed as the CLD perks.

If I thought this game would collapse I think it would have happened when the banks were teetering on the brink, some did fall over, some needed large government support.

That was 2008. 7 years ago.

In the 9 years I've played one thing has always been consistent on the forum. Entropia is 'dying'

Well, I think I'll still be here in 2024 :eyecrazy: . Hope some of you will be.

Ok, that was mostly in reply to Sunsout TacoTuesday :handgun: <- Gunsout

FTSE (uk share price index) is at its highest level ever. Confidence is high, hence prices in equities and investments also high.

Buy CLD when price low, sell when high, same as with shares. I think citizenship rights is coming though.

Buy CLD when price low, sell when high, same as with shares.

May be that's why op made this thread?
Magyar, did you sell your CLD, and want the price to drop so you can rebuy them?

Magyar, did you sell your CLD, and want the price to drop so you can rebuy them?

He does.

Just like he started trashing privateers and equuss when he was about to buy one.

--//--

Surely, CLD prices will fluctuate. A lot of people lowering their activity now, buying CLD instead of UL stuff. But price will make a steep dive soon enough since lower activity will give lower returns. As soon as the seasonal players are content.

--//--

@doer

If you saw the behavior you described, please report it.

With migration just around the corner do you think cld prices will go up or down? (rhetorical question)

I have plenty of CLD. No worries there. Not selling anytime soon, either. I'm just remarking because, well, its what a responsible person would do if they see a problem.

A responsible person does not go "YAAAAH PROFIT" and then squirrel it all away knowing the sky will fall without saying anything.

That's what a greedy person does. That's what an evil person does.

And folks call me the pirate? lol

awesome, i had not seen this page.

Its kind of sad to think there will be a time when new players will not even know mccormick existed as a real players avatar running around with his wrench in hand :laugh:

nooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!

Reactions: Mac
I have plenty of CLD. No worries there. Not selling anytime soon, either. I'm just remarking because, well, its what a responsible person would do if they see a problem.

A responsible person does not go "YAAAAH PROFIT" and then squirrel it all away knowing the sky will fall without saying anything.

That's what a greedy person does. That's what an evil person does.

And folks call me the pirate? lol

You arguments was both wrong, claiming the payout was only 1/3 compared from the start and a bit exaggerated in general. Yes, you can question how much the value of the CLD is, but I would not call it a "bubble" because with the current pay-outs you can actually state that the market value is fair or even could go up even more. A bubble is when noting supports the valuation or it's evident that the assets overpriced because of unrealistic expectations on the future. You can't claimed that in this case.

You can claim it's a high risk that the price will go down in the future, but that would probably only happen if the revenue on Calypso goes down, any other decline in the price will only be marginal and pretty normal variations in the supply/demand. You don't have any evidence that the revenue on Calypso will go down in the future, you can only speculate that it will go down.

If the price was high because people speculated in an increase in the revenue on Calypso, you could claim in was an bubble, but in this case it's not. That don't mean that it's not a risk that the revenue from the CLDs will go down and with that a decline in the price.

Respectfully, I can claim anything I want to claim. As for it being a bubble.... well... a bubble happens when the net yield does not match the net value.

Yields have been going down, but value has been increasing.

While some folks may obsessive-compulsively nit pick at whatever number I presented, the situation is the same, regardless of the numbers I present.

Graph the value to yield over the last 3 years and see for yourself. It's a bubble.

Respectfully, I can claim anything I want to claim. As for it being a bubble.... well... a bubble happens when the net yield does not match the net value.

Yields have been going down, but value has been increasing.

While some folks may obsessive-compulsively nit pick at whatever number I presented, the situation is the same, regardless of the numbers I present.

Graph the value to yield over the last 3 years and see for yourself. It's a bubble.

And I have the right to claim it's not :silly2:
Yes we can have different views about what is a fair value of them, but the as long as the ROI is over 10% I can't see how you can call it a bubble. The average ROI on stock-markets in the long run is about 7%, I think.

Instead of just looking at the price-trend, can you say what kind of ROI you think they should have?`And if it's a bubble... why are you not selling them? Sounds a bit.... strange?

I can think of different reason why the CLD increase, even with a lower payout. Players have limited amount of money they can invest, so even if they was happy with the return and wanted to buy more, they did not have money for it. So now they are buying more when they have some money over, even if the ROI is lower, they still think it's good enough to buy more of them. People are also by nature skeptical about new things, so it took a while for people to understand how the CLD work and that they actually got some nice money from it. After some years they feel more contended about them and are ready to buy more.

So If you can't point on more facts on why you think they are over-priced, I'm not that impressed about your "It's bubble!" argument. "Because they was much cheaper before" is not a good argument in this case.

As I have said before, I don't claim they are risk free and will not go down, It's a high risk the price will be lower in the future, but they could also increase even more, depending on the future of Calypso.

Only thing what I want to say about CLDs:

Looking at the ROI, MA sold it to cheap when it was implemented.

Well MAs fault, good for those who bought it from them at 1000 PED / Deed, what I did :)

Well MAs fault, good for those who bought it from them at 1000 PED / Deed, what I did :)

Sad thing was, when they were sold, the smaller stacks were sold in notime leaving the bigger stacks, and resellers made quite a profit by buying for 1000 ped and immediately reposting for more. Resellers could do this first because "noone" knew they were posted in global auction, and after they were found in global auction, global auction was cleaned and you practically had to camp auctioneer (constantly refershing) to have a chance at next post maybe 10 hours later.

What happened last week: At around the time this thread was made, there were two large posts (batches/stacks) of CLDs posted (100 and 165).

A few Days ago there were purchase orders for around 1540 ped/each; yesterday or so, the trend (auction orders) changed to 1400 ped, most likely as an answer to the big "drops" of CLDs into auction.

Edit
It seems that there now again are auction orders at 1500 or higher.

Last edited:
Back