Why is there a lack of uses for sweat?

Pozessed

I realize that sweat is a very controversial topic as it has much to do with the economy of the game. I am curious why there is a lack of uses for sweat. Considering you have plenty of gatherers in the game, I suggest creating reasons for people to deposit and trade ped for sweat.

I am thinking all that would be needed is an NPC at Port Atlantis for people to trade 50k of sweat to, and in return they get a worthy reward. I think it should be a daily reward for people who are willing to trade.
I was thinking of a reward like 3 hours of skill bonuses for the skills they use while in effect. There could even be tiers so 1k of sweat gets a small amount of ammo. 2k sweat helps players to run faster for small amount of time. Etc.

Add things for new and old players alike to claim from this "Sweat NPC" So it drives up the demand for sweat and also decreases the amount floating in the market. So long as there is a demand for sweat, people will gather it; and the people demanding sweat will be depositing or trading to people who do deposit to get the sweat they desire.

I am new to this game. But I think my thoughts are worth considering. Thank you for taking the time to read this and possibly respond.

Because sweating was the original way to "demo" the game. Now with new player starting areas and dozens of free starter missions you don't need to sweat to be able to try the game.

If you make sweating too rewarding then botters/farmers start flooding the game (even more so than now) and MA is out big bucks.

If you make sweating too rewarding then botters/farmers start flooding the game (even more so than now) and MA is out big bucks.

If the rewards aren't item rewards it wouldn't cost MA anything beyond the actual coding to implement it.

The idea of trading sweat for say a 10% move speed boost for a hour or some similar reward sounds good to me :)

It wouldn't hurt the economy or existing items and it gives newbies something to do with the sweat and maybe even adds a little value to it.

If the rewards aren't item rewards it wouldn't cost MA anything beyond the actual coding to implement it.

The idea of trading sweat for say a 10% move speed boost for a hour or some similar reward sounds good to me :)

It wouldn't hurt the economy or existing items and it gives newbies something to do with the sweat and maybe even adds a little value to it.

Sweat is already an ingredient in 83 blueprints - including 5 Nanobot blueprints for:
* Accuracy (focused blow, 1% extra strength)
* Adrenaline boost (faster reload, 10% extra strength)
* Kill Strike (increased crits, 10% extra strength)
* Memory Enhancer (increased skill gain, 3% extra strength)
* Regenerative (increased regen, 50% extra strength)​

While many of the other blueprints include less frequently crafted items of furniture or clothing, others would be in regular demand, such as:
* Welding Wire (L)
* Portable Repair Terminal (L)
* Portable TT Terminal (L)

The current value of sweat is routinely based on its original use as an ingredient in Mind Essence, which was appropriate when that was its sole purpose back when ME was used as a consumable for all MF chips, but I would be surprised if the use in crafting (particularly welding wire) does not exceed the somewhat more limited use for only TP/Wormhole chips now.
Perhaps its time to come up with a more appropriate formula for valuation?

I don't think its a valuation problem, its a utility problem. The valuation has always been a simple supply and demand situation.

While the blueprints have created extra uses for sweat they are still a low volume demand driver.

If we made in game buffs with 0 TT value that cost nothing to MA but provide a boost to players that would drive it a lot I think. Eg. 10% attacks speed buff for 30 minutes would see pretty much every hunter buying sweat immediately and in quantity.

Like Serica said, this is already implemented in form of nanobots which uses sweat as material (and pretty much all other shit there is).
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Material&name=Nanobots_-_Adrenaline_Boost

As far as it goes for mindarks costs, yes this would decrease mindarks revenue by increasing players dps thus increasing the general eco in form of lowering defense costs and lowering mindarks portition of the decay. Also skills has tt cost. Similiar pills are also already sold in webshop.

Also long term plan of mindark has been to lower the cost of playing for depositing players which in many opinion they have tried to do by lowering markup. If players pays less mu, more tt decay can be cycled thus more peds comes back (if assumed that some magic percentage of tt return is returned and markup ofcourse is paid to other players).

So in many ways this implementation would interupt with mindarks current plans (if any plans atually exists :confused::laugh:?). In other words: never going to happen. Like you said: supply and demand. If demand doesnt increase maby its time to move to other bisnes?

Edit: Fixed typo and forgot to mention that skill boost pills also exists from daily token trader which kinda can be thinkd as " a free bonus "

Last edited:
Move to planet cyrene.
There you can get a badge for 500 sweat each day
200 badges gives access to a special trader, where you can buy all round armor (L) for tt.
500 badges gives access to an even more special trader where you can buy even better all round armor (L) for tt.

This means people will Always buy your sweat.

There has to be some kind of limit to sweat's usefulness as the act of sweating has to be the lowest professional denominator in order to make this whole system work. If sweat became too useful, fewer and fewer people would deposit, thus bursting the bubble.

There has to be some kind of limit to sweat's usefulness as the act of sweating has to be the lowest professional denominator in order to make this whole system work. If sweat became too useful, fewer and fewer people would deposit, thus bursting the bubble.

I really just want to read responses, but I have to point something out.

The part that is emboldened I disagree with. From a business point of view, so long as people are depositing to buy the sweat, there is no lack of depositors. If people aren't willing to buy the sweat, other people will be less likely to gather the sweat.
A new player or slave at the prices sweat goes for, should not have to work 6 hours to get 3 hours worth of ammo for game play. And I'm saying 6 hours because 1 hour to farm 1k of sweat (if they are lucky) and 5 hours needed to sell it at 2 ped/k due to competition.

Something needs to change. People are getting mad at other players who resell. These frustrated players shouldn't complain to the other players, but instead complain to the developers for not offering the demand for sweat that leads to a fair incentive for new players who need to earn ped. Reselling is an obvious solution to making ped to a new player, it shouldn't be held against the new player for trying to keep up with obvious market demands nor should they be asked to not work the market.

New bp for laser ammo after removal from tt is 2 sweat and 5 nano.

New bp for blp ammo is above + 5 explosives. :)

New bp for laser ammo after removal from tt is 2 sweat and 5 nano.

^ This

and you can buy sweat now from the trade terminal , equal rights for everyone ,)

just kidding

While I think sweat gathering is a good system and even praise the social aspect from new players come together and make bonds while gathering sweat and meet mentors and even veterans I believe it should always stay a low reward and time consuming activity. As already said, a too high demand would discourage players into depositing.
I don't mind the sweat price going up a little higher as it is now but if it become too high mindark would shoot themselves in the knee.

Ofc , if they make sweat highly demanding and put it into the web shop its another story !

kidding again ,)
lets not give them funny ideas

move to planet cyrene.
There you can get a badge for 500 sweat each day
200 badges gives access to a special trader, where you can buy all round armor (l) for tt.
500 badges gives access to an even more special trader where you can buy even better all round armor (l) for tt.

This means people will always buy your sweat.

yes!

there has to be some kind of limit to sweat's usefulness as the act of sweating has to be the lowest professional denominator in order to make this whole system work. If sweat became too useful, fewer and fewer people would deposit, thus bursting the bubble.

yes!

new bp for laser ammo after removal from tt is 2 sweat and 5 nano.

holy shit no! :D

Back