Entropia took the fun out of my computer games

sirchadwick

Provider
Society
Benevolence
Sylva Kyra Minor
I love this game unfortunately it took all the fun out of my other favorite games. I can't play <removed> without wondering how much ped that loot was worth or <removed> without wondering when I was gonna get a mutagen drop from alchemy and which mob was gonna give me the best loot. Maybe I should take a break and just play solitaire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Entropia was my first online game so I come from a different angle i guess. But, the only other games that last for me are offline games.

I love this game unfortunately it took all the fun out of my other favorite games. I can't play GW2 without wondering how much ped that loot was worth or the witcher 2 without wondering when I was gonna get a mutagen drop from alchemy and which mob was gonna give me the best loot. Maybe I should take a break and just play solitaire.

I knew where you coming from, Eu is maybe the last thing that still give me a desire to log in the next day. May it solo games or mmo's my desire to play them is on an all time low. I was once able to dive into a game and make it truly my dear hobby. But that's gone, I lost this what seemed natural to me. Lately I had the scary thought I could live without my computer / internet and wouldn't miss him too much and it didn't feel wrong.

If you not want to destroy other players to prove you're better at the internetz or grind like a no lifer there isn't much todays game can offer. Still I feel I can play entropia at my own peace and don't ever need to reach the "endgame" or play 8 hours each day to have fun. This and the rce that punish you for stupid actions make all the difference for me.

Something about real world cash economy keeps me coming back.
Amazing concept to play a game and it is real money that you can withdraw if you get a HOF and or from trading with other players.

For me there is also the dynamic swings in loot. YEAH YEAH.. GAMBLER :eyecrazy: but hey if I go hunt small mobs there's the chance of something crap or even something good. If I go hunt spiders there's that same chance just a shift of HOW good. most MMOs you go kill a mob you know you're going to get the same old crap and almost always just about what value of it. At least here you can swing from being broke one minute to all of a sudden getting the jackpot prize.

The difference between Entropia and other games is that other games are games.

EU took away the fun from all other games for me aswell, except <replaced with: one other, where> the competetive gameplay <removed> still attracts me.

Last edited by a moderator:
EU took away the fun from all other games for me aswell, except CSGO, the competetive gameplay in CSGO still attracts me.

What's your rank? Made Distinguished Master Guardian top, it's hard playing only pugs :D
(I am probably without a rank again, as I have not played in months)

Give me your steam id, we can play sometime :p

Pecka

Same for me, today is my 9th birthday in eu.
Remember i heard about EU on radio when i drove home from work a late evening, i think it was Skalman on an interview. Downloaded when i got home and havnt played many other games since.

I suggest fully disconnecting from Entropia for a week, after which you will find you're enjoyment of other games increases compared to your current Entropia-encompassed state.

It worked for me, I enjoyed a certain game in which the objective is to avoid at all costs a certain xenomorph that would be more than happy to cause a great deal of physical damage to your character's body that more often than not results in a total dismemberment.

Yeah, every other game seems pointless after playing EU.
"WOW, I looted armor in the dungeon that cost 1000 gold"
"Who cares, I looted animal oil for 10 000 USD :laugh:"
And not many games can be played only with the mouse. With age I am more lazy to hit the keeboard.

Yeah, every other game seems pointless after playing EU.
"WOW, I looted armor in the dungeon that cost 1000 gold"
"Who cares, I looted animal oil for 10 000 USD :laugh:"
And not many games can be played only with the mouse. With age I am more lazy to hit the keeboard.

:D

That's definitely a plus; I can play, watch a movie , browse forum and chat with friends at the same time without any huge impact on end result.

What's your rank? Made Distinguished Master Guardian top, it's hard playing only pugs :D
(I am probably without a rank again, as I have not played in months)

Give me your steam id, we can play sometime :p

Pecka

Gold Nova Master atm, PM comming.

:D

That's definitely a plus; I can play, watch a movie , browse forum and chat with friends at the same time without any huge impact on end result.
and there you have the real answer to why we all come back day after day, good loot cycle or bad... EU has to be the most social game I ever encountered. The RCE gets us to take a look, the gambling gets many hooked. But be honest how many of us would miss our in-game friends, as much or more than we would miss the game, if our computer broke ?

EU can be fun, but after 10 years play, I just miss the good old days.. But thats happens, when time goes. :)
The past weeks I don't got much time to play EU. I just miss that! But learning UE4 engine is more important to me at the moment. I also have to port 2 games from one engine to UE4.
Just hard to find a bit time to play about that.

Back