Official Evolving Storylines - Mulmun non happening event?

Konvicted

Elite
Λкση ƬяυѕƬ Κσηνι¢тed
Hey y'all,

I wanna bring up the subject of storylines today and that has not yet happend mulmun event this month.

Here is how i feel about it: Storylines been (are generally speaking) great in the past maybe sometimes not evolving deep enough, sometimes felt poor, not linked with each others and sometimes simply thrown in?
The idea of having an evolving storylines that will last for years and years to come has to have in essence something entertaining all along (such as things that shouldnt change ie: Migration), new events, surprising things that were unexpected, just as much as when someone is watching a show like supernatural, lost or fringe there is always a link with the starting point and it is evolving without forgetting where it came from.

It became kinda granted in the community that the Mulmun species attack around that time of the year, they once did with a storyline behind it, lord kraster sending troops through black orbs (wormhole), etc with increasing force and intensity, anyone was pretty much entertained. whats up??? cant lord kraster have a son or a daughter that will be as bad as kim jong il and be our kim jong un :laugh: or maybe it is time to get back on track with a new idea, new invader, new entertainement!

We were once attacked from outer space by the robots, they have changed the shape of our planet calypso for ever but yet (with the current meta is impossible, maybe in a close future), CDF wasnt not able to warn the population soon enough before being invaded for us to go in space and stop the fleet before it even reach us, ofc they will be too strong and then the war will keep going also on the ground while those brave colonist will fight in space.

Anyway here is the idea, i thought of a concept of having the players deciede which way they want the storyline to evolve into, you guys mentioned citizen voting? Isnt it the great opportunity we all have right now to lets say vote for a new 1 out of 2 or 3 presidents/governators/rickytheruler, each of them will have a particular storylines and plan to reshape some place of our continent, (following the cap corinth/icarus/Pa/hadesheim revamp), also and nonetheless some of the promised changes, one could be at first more concerned about pet, the other one would be military and so more into PK'ing, just adjust as you guys need.

My idea got shut down in the thinking :ahh: Where is that new invaders, that awesome new brood of mob/robot or better aliens trying to invade our lovely planet.

Focusing on the evolving storyline is important i believe, staying nostalgic is absolutely not, the future as different as what we know so far could be indeed the greatest.

Once genesis ruled this then omegaton had it and now CDF is ricky the ruler (whatever i sum it up), blabla tommorow we elected this new guys and are now facing a new threat and he will be working on this and that side of the economy blablabla crafter gets this, miners get that, hunter feels this.

Alright thats pretty much it, storylines, something to forget we are shooting hitboxes untill they turn yellow, have fun and thx for your time.

When i mention storyline this is ofc evolving living world, not just words on the client loader

just as much as when someone is watching a show like supernatural, lost or fringe there is always a link with the starting point and it is evolving without forgetting where it came from.

LOST didn't know where it came from or where it was going! :silly2:

that's why it was called "LOST", not because they were stranded on an Island! :wise:

you're like, "wait a minute, I'm 'lost'... why was there a Polar Bear?" :scratch2: :dunno:

The word 'storyline' makes me switch off. I just come here to shoot stuff! :silly2:

The word 'storyline' makes me switch off. I just come here to shoot stuff! :silly2:

With the storylines i'm expecting the planet calypso to go in a direction as a whole, the idea with this thread was to propose a voting system pretty much where you would know in advance which way the planet would evolve (kinda with a president giving his headlines), as for its evolution we would for instant have a living world, by living world i'm thinking events that affect the course of the evolution (like that asteroid we couldnt stop and hit hadesheim, destroying the capital).

Wouldnt you rather shoot stuff that came here because you voted for it, fought for it or defeated or not a species for it to happens (lets say there was an attack with a global kill counter where any kill of any entopian is taken into account, if you make it you win, if not we lose and it will affect our living world in a way.)

I can understand you dont care in what kind of virtual world you log in, just do your shooting, craft a bunch of 20ped explosives clicks etc but new comers need something like that to be entertained, some vets too and some others wants it back :yup:

Fully agreed, Akon.

I love a bit of immersion in the storyline.

I've always said that it's up to the individual player to create their own story, HOWEVER our own stories can be enhanced and punctuated by the overarching storyline which you talk about.

Some that I remember off the top of my head are:

- Original robot wars where Warlocks were the biggest BAMF in Entropia.
- Feffoid invasion at Fort Fury.
- Umbranoid and robot invasions at Hadesheim.
- The introduction of the Kerberos at the Umbranoid town W of East Scylla.
- The disappearance (and reappearance) of the Umbranoid.
- Various robot attacks for example on Fort Ithaca, with new Eviscerators.
- The Egg! (Although it took a few years :D )
- Wastelanders.
- RX PK events.
- MA created Creature Control stuff.
- ELM, of course.
- The introduction of New Oxford, with many promises of culture, and an art gallery.
- The Boorum down under the deer.
- The Guides and their events resulting in clothing prizes, special OJs.

Some player created ones too, which we could actually have more of:

- Club 4G (?) at Bilton towers with regular parties.
- Art exhibitions in apartments, (elfyne and Onciest).
- Treasure hunts and drop parties in the pre-Cry Port Atlantis.
- He Man and Miss Calypso.
- Other fashion events, such as at the Nymphtown and then New Oxford catwalk both outside and inside with the ninja clothing (forget the name now). Also at Deathifier's TI Castle right after the new avatar graphics.

bump bring back some life and immersion to the day to day game

Back