PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 346

Thread: How To Survive!

  1. #331
    Quote Originally Posted by M Rufen Power View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why not? Mobs in terms of coding are all the same. Why can't I compare a daikiba to a daikiba boss? In coding there no are gaps as you call them, just numbers. Make it simple, so simple it seems stupid to think that way, numbers are all the same even if the skins are different. Plus the person I recalled losing 8.2k on atrox young to old during quests using at the time an eco Imp LR32 was a player called Faye Ranpha from Natural Born Killers, a society I later joined. Though you may find her hitting a couple big hof's on that mob, she was still in -8.2k hence the sales threads shortly followed afterwards. When this occurrence happened I could not give the player an explanation as to why, but when I tried out my How To Survive challenge, I found the answer! Simply - Volatility. Even if that is your opinion, I can assure you the system in terms of loot has not changed much the core is much the same, they've just added more sides to it.

    Game Pre Loot 2:0


    Game Post Loot 2:0


    Very much like Internet Marketing now, with all the different elements to consider not just SEO.

    Agreed, mobs are all the same, just different skins on them. The only difference is items dropped. For calculating tt payout, the damage you do (i.e. cost) is what constitues the return, up to 200 % cost cap ("efficient kill"). No need for finisher, no need to worry about armour decay or missed shots (you do get paid for those as well). Think about 1 mob as 1 lottery ticket. If you buy 10,000 tickets at 50 pec each, you're more likely to get an even return than if you buy 100 tickets at 50 ped each. Simple statistics. THere is no mob loot pool, just a % chance to hit a multiplier. Then why do Kerbs give more HOFs you say? Well, because people buy a lot more Kerb tickets.

    Here's how to have tt returns above average: 1) efficiency must be higher than what the average player is having, 2) level of the new resource skills (skinning etc) also above average (although it depends how much it contributes ), and 3) buy enough lottery tickets (loot instances). It's basically how you play winning poker: Find players below your level, play long enough to even out unlucky days (AA all in and lose five times a row and the likes) and although your margin is only a few %, you'll profit in the long run. C A S I * O

  2. #332
    Marauder M Rufen Power's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    UK - London
    Avatar
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    Kaos
    Posts
    5,566
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by LavaSparks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you buy 10,000 tickets at 50 pecs each, you're more likely to get an even return than if you buy 100 tickets at 50 peds each. Simple statistics. There is no mob loot pool, just a % chance to hit a multiplier. Then why do Kerbs give more HOFs you say? Well, because people buy a lot more Kerb tickets.
    How sure are you there isn't a mob loot pool? You'll have to explain this one to me. Cause buying tickets to me sounds like there is a mob loot pool. Right?

    Mark Rufen Power: I'm a conqueror & a victor in Christ Jesus.
    New To Hunting?? Learn How To Survive in Entropia Universe!!!

  3. #333
    Prowler San's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    Location
    That freaking cold place (in RL)
    Avatar
    Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Posts
    1,697
    Blog Entries
    2
    Images
    15
    One doesn't have to postulate a mob loot pool to validate the observation that swings have become longer. It just seems intuitive, like many things in this game. If any local pooling exists ("local" not restricted to its geographical meaning), then for technical reasons I consider it more likely that it would be per server or any kind of internal "domain" which is attached the same database. There probably isn't just one, with mechanisms that synchronize them. I don't have deep knowledge of big-data infrastructures, but scaling up an initially simple model is anything but straightforward in this field. Interesting to read about, if one has the time and motivation.
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

  4. #334
    Marauder M Rufen Power's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    UK - London
    Avatar
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    Kaos
    Posts
    5,566
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by San View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There probably isn't just one, with mechanisms that synchronize them.
    Ever seen string mobs? Could that be a way to synchronise multiple mob pools under 1 server?

    Mark Rufen Power: I'm a conqueror & a victor in Christ Jesus.
    New To Hunting?? Learn How To Survive in Entropia Universe!!!

  5. #335
    Prowler San's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    Location
    That freaking cold place (in RL)
    Avatar
    Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Posts
    1,697
    Blog Entries
    2
    Images
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by M Rufen Power View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ever seen string mobs? Could that be a way to synchronise multiple mob pools under 1 server?
    I have no idea, honestly. I think you're overworking this. All we can really see is the surface of an unknown system and the only parameter we know for sure is that it can't give back more than what is fed into it by way of deposits, minus the company's operating cost. The tools we have to observe its behaviour are statistics and other mathematical methods which are commonly used to study phenomena in nature which aren't fully known algorithmically. A couple dozen Wikipedia pages to master, if it's not a subject you've studied anyway. And time well spent, because it fosters deep understanding of a lot of things. There is one more thing to be aware of concerning an artificial system vs. a natural one: The moment you figure it out they'll change it. Because they have to.
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

  6. #336
    Chaotic Good
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Mega's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    UK
    Avatar
    MegaVolt
    Society
    Kaos
    Posts
    14,111
    Blog Entries
    6
    Images
    1625


    I'm sure we will both survive Mark.


    so others can as well.

  7. #337
    Marauder M Rufen Power's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    UK - London
    Avatar
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    Kaos
    Posts
    5,566
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    96

    Weapon Stats V5.0

    The spreadsheet has several issues, so if anyone can help me verify data PM me.

    This was originally Tuners spreadsheet which he's not updated in a very long time.

    Great if someone can help me validate certain data and add in BLP and MF Amps etc.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

    Mark Rufen Power: I'm a conqueror & a victor in Christ Jesus.
    New To Hunting?? Learn How To Survive in Entropia Universe!!!

  8. #338
    Quote Originally Posted by M Rufen Power View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How sure are you there isn't a mob loot pool? You'll have to explain this one to me. Cause buying tickets to me sounds like there is a mob loot pool. Right?
    I cannot be 100 % sure since I have not and will never work in MindArk AB

    But why make it complicated when you can make it simple to take peoples money? You buy a ticket. Based on what you wager, a loot table is consulted. You will get x 0.3, 0.6, 0.8, 1.5, 3, 30, 50, 1000 or whatever multiplier (capped at some point). The probability of getting a high multiplier is very slim of course. Totalling the loot table, the tt return will, after millions of loot instances, converge somewhere between 93-98 % (roughly). You could get lucky and hit a 50k hof early on, but you could also be unlucky and reach hit lvl 60 without even hoffing (I've heard it mentioned on the forums here...poor guy. MA could be unlucky too, on short term, paying out big loots and ATHs in short succession, but they have the benefit of being the house, and the house always wins - given that people buy enough tickets.)

    Each ticket has a tag, and that's what mob and maturity you are killing. When the loot is calculated, the game will probably first checks the tt loot, then the spesific loot table for that mob to decide distribution of stuff. On average, it's something like 60 % shrap, 30 % oils, 10 % something else. It looks like there's a cap of extremely rare items as well as ESIs, so there must bu an ON/OFF switch for these items once the total EU count totals some number set by MA (probably tied to turnover, player base or other value)

    It's so very simple. Like an old D&D session. Roll one die. Then roll another. Check result. The genius here is adding the intricate skill system, which is THE fleece operation of the century, because you get players hooked on hoarding skills, which basically makes them prepared to play high stakes.

    Even if I know this, my dopamine level is maintained whenever I see a new green line on the HUD And even if I know I lose PEDs, the swirlies help spike that dopamine.

    Not even a casino can compete with that

    That being said: As long as I am entertained, I am fine paying a cost to keep EU running.
    Last edited by LavaSparks; 05-22-2018 at 13:21.

  9. #339
    Marauder GoNi's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Calypso, Sakura City
    Avatar
    Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
    Society
    freelancer
    Posts
    6,736
    Images
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by LavaSparks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I cannot be 100 % sure since I have not and will never work in MindArk AB

    But why make it complicated when you can make it simple to take peoples money? You buy a ticket. Based on what you wager, a loot table is consulted. You will get x 0.3, 0.6, 0.8, 1.5, 3, 30, 50, 1000 or whatever multiplier (capped at some point).
    Well see it from company (MA) standpoint.

    If it is random routine just using muliplyers, the worst case szenario --- many many players hit a 10k multiplyer in a row on a really big mob (several thousand $$$ loot), backed up by nothing. The chance is low but chance is existend, which could easyly bankrupt MA. If it is just random multiplyer calculation, without a pool, its theoretically possible that 1000 players hit an ATH in row. Even if this chance is lower than a lottery jackpot or asteroid impact, the risk that it could happen is way to much for a company.

    If it is a pool routine, MA never ever can pay out more than totally paid in.
    Worst case pool is empty for a while, where players get only small loots and no big multiplyers, MA never will lose.

    Its a real cash game, not using pools would be just stupid!

  10. #340
    Quote Originally Posted by GoNi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well see it from company (MA) standpoint.

    If it is random routine just using muliplyers, the worst case szenario --- many many players hit a 10k multiplyer in a row on a really big mob (several thousand $$$ loot), backed up by nothing. The chance is low but chance is existend, which could easyly bankrupt MA. If it is just random multiplyer calculation, without a pool, its theoretically possible that 1000 players hit an ATH in row. Even if this chance is lower than a lottery jackpot or asteroid impact, the risk that it could happen is way to much for a company.

    If it is a pool routine, MA never ever can pay out more than totally paid in.
    Worst case pool is empty for a while, where players get only small loots and no big multiplyers, MA never will lose.

    Its a real cash game, not using pools would be just stupid!

    Since I was speculating, I may very well be wrong, but I'd like to comment that casinos do not have a pool.. they can really bleed if they have short streak of bad luck. However, in the very unlikely event MA was hit hard with a improbable series of ATHs, they will recover in due time. They must have some buffer for said events. They also have the added benefit over regular casinos that they can temper with the return % at any time, like setting a hard cap on how many ATHs/10000x multipliers that can be paid out during a period, or more probably just make the system adjust based on turnover.

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook