Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Had another good run, bagged 3 globals, all within 20 mins

Also I'm up again on TT + 19ped. MU will be added at the end.

I also fine tuned the way I'm hunting these mobs for high/ low lvl activity.
    Last edited by M Rufen Power; 08-08-2016 at 15:50.

Mark Rufen Power: I'm a conqueror & a victor in Christ Jesus.
    New To Hunting?? Learn How To Survive in Entropia Universe!!!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Next update will be made, when stage 4 Bery is completed.

3000 points and 1500 kills away from that goal.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    JJ Ony Matrix
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Very good thread!! Thanks for taking the time to back up the experiment with real data.
    Going through all the posts, I haven't seen much about how hunting eco affects two things (if you're not a new player):
    1. Tiering up your main weapon. If this is important to you, then you have to pick a mob that fits that goal and you are tied by that. I recently started a few low level mob missions, and after a while I started feeling I'm wasting time (this my personal problem.... I don't have much time to play).
    2. Skilling. I would be interested to see what your skill gain is like when hunting small Bery vs a different, higher more appropriate mob for your level. For me (I'm somewhat close to your level), I just did the 500 Foul mission and I would see a skill gain every couple a mobs. It almost negates getting the mission prize.

I do understand that your experiment is for newcomers... and it may look like what I wrote doesn't belong here. Maybe it doesn't in detail, but I still think it may be worth mentioning that as your level increases, you need to adapt in order to find the best eco solution for your setup/skill level.
    I guess it all depends what you're looking for.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmatrix View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very good thread!! Thanks for taking the time to back up the experiment with real data.
    Going through all the posts, I haven't seen much about how hunting eco affects two things (if you're not a new player):
    1. Tiering up your main weapon. If this is important to you, then you have to pick a mob that fits that goal and you are tied by that. I recently started a few low level mob missions, and after a while I started feeling I'm wasting time (this my personal problem.... I don't have much time to play).
    2. Skilling. I would be interested to see what your skill gain is like when hunting small Bery vs a different, higher more appropriate mob for your level. For me (I'm somewhat close to your level), I just did the 500 Foul mission and I would see a skill gain every couple a mobs. It almost negates getting the mission prize.

I do understand that your experiment is for newcomers... and it may look like what I wrote doesn't belong here. Maybe it doesn't in detail, but I still think it may be worth mentioning that as your level increases, you need to adapt in order to find the best eco solution for your setup/skill level.
    I guess it all depends what you're looking for.
    I will be posting a more detailed report once I'm finished Stage 4. Showing more maths and numbers.

To answer your first question, tiering has nothing to do with eco because as far as I know, it all boils down to tier rate and total amount of clicks/uses. At the moment my Chon sits at 1.9 because for obvious reasons tiering up a low lvl weapon has absolutely no benefits other than skilling another profession and progressing through the tiers on said weapon.

To answer your second question, I'am skilling just fine hunting Lv3 mobs it might take a bit longer than say if I were using on par weapons to my skills but that all boils down to how much PED you burn through on each of your hunt sessions. I have already grown 1 lvl in Laser Sniper Hit Prof since I started (However I do admit, thanks to Hit unlocks) and also you get those skill up bonuses often.

Additionally, all the information in this post isn't just for new players it can relate at any level of play, survival isn't just tied to the newbie experience. The post I made about losing 4k ped on Atrox is very real and not merely written as fiction, it's a real possibility and when it does happen to an individual they feel like this game is against them and have negative feelings at EU/MA or something has gone wrong with the loot, this thread shows new players how the system can operate at higher lvls.

The experiment is based on what MA have confirmed about the Hunting Profession as a whole. HA / Hit Ability is very important but so too is DPP / Dmg Per Pec = Weapon economy. Both combined = Your Hunting Efficiency. If your hunting efficiency is higher than the next person ideally you will get better/higher returns than them over the long term of hunting. So eco as we refer to it by MA standards is defined by 2 factors (Maxed HA) & (High DPP). That is all to define what eco is in EU and has nothing to do with setups or even your skill level. As long as you follow this you will do fine or better than most and I hope that my thread can give this statement some foundation to it. Hence the experiment.

Currently on 28k points / 30k. I hope to finish this quest by today! Then I'm gonna take a break lol.
    Last edited by M Rufen Power; 05-14-2015 at 14:02.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Man, I just finished off Stage 4!

I will post results sometime tomorrow.
    Last edited by M Rufen Power; 05-15-2015 at 02:04.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Deleted........
    Last edited by M Rufen Power; 05-15-2015 at 10:53.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Getheniel Will Zorander
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Berycled young have 70 hp, not 100. Might want to check that math one more time :p

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorander View Post
    Bery young have 70 hp, not 100. Might want to check that math one more time :p
    Thought it was always 100HP, I take it Entropedia is once again outdated lol. Damn.

It should not be a problem to re-calculate the whole lot

If it is 70 I would like more confirmations first.

I did have a feeling that 128 mobs killed per run was a tad small lol.
    Last edited by M Rufen Power; 08-08-2016 at 15:51.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Getheniel Will Zorander
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by M Rufen Power View Post
    Thought it was always 100HP, I take it Entropedia is once again outdated lol. Damn.

It should not be a problem to re-calculate the whole lot

If it is 70 I would like more confirmations first.
    Check the new creatures list here on PCF. I noticed it seemed less than what entropedia had listed so I went to see if anyone had tested. Sure enough it was already listed as 70 here on forums, which is what my own testing had shown.

EDIT: Redoing your math with the 70hp figure shows a total cost just over 6k ped. This is much more in line with the costs I've seen over the first 3 stages.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorander View Post
    Check the new creatures list here on PCF. I noticed it seemed less than what entropedia had listed so I went to see if anyone had tested. Sure enough it was already listed as 70 here on forums, which is what my own testing had shown.
    Oh Hey!

Totally did not see your name, your Will Zorander. The one I usually see camping my spot .
    Ok well thanks for that I will redo the calculations again then. Much appreciated.

Will re-post soon.
    Last edited by M Rufen Power; 05-15-2015 at 10:54.

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 15 ... LastLast