Xantok loses all his ped!

xantok

Guardian
Society
BA - Evo
Xantok's Birthday Bankruptcy stream starting roughly at 17:00 ma time, 10x lvl 13 amps streamed at http://www.twitch.tv/xantok

come join and watch me cry as i nrf and die inside

:popcorn:

"All" is probably an overstatement. I wouldn't expect you to lose more than 35% of your tt planetside or 65% indoors.

[System]: Entropia Universe time: 2015-04-25 17:00:01

:popcorn:

"All" is probably an overstatement. I wouldn't expect you to lose more than 35% of your tt planetside or 65% indoors.

Quite normal actually. You can take huge losses if you are amping over your skills. I believe when I tried testing it, hit rate was halved when over-amping, in some cases, 100% nrf for the entire amp.

I've been really frustrated by recent mining runs at HELL, but then again I only have the PED and time for very short runs - eg to use up a single lvl 7 or lvl 9 amp with my F105 or eMINE finder. I avoid 'over-amping' and I am at 100% skill progress for these finders and amps.

I understand areas like HELL and FOMA can be considered 'high risk, high reward' but I should expect to find at least a few very poor or poor finds, amplified by the amp. But, I don't even find small claims. Getting one find from using up one of these amps is unacceptable in my opinion, but I may just be naïve as I'm not much of a miner (or just unlucky).

Don't amp - simple :)

Good Luck :)

edit: OMG I fell into a Necro-Trap...

I've been really frustrated by recent mining runs at HELL, but then again I only have the PED and time for very short runs - eg to use up a single lvl 7 or lvl 9 amp with my F105 or eMINE finder. I avoid 'over-amping' and I am at 100% skill progress for these finders and amps.

I understand areas like HELL and FOMA can be considered 'high risk, high reward' but I should expect to find at least a few very poor or poor finds, amplified by the amp. But, I don't even find small claims. Getting one find from using up one of these amps is unacceptable in my opinion, but I may just be naïve as I'm not much of a miner (or just unlucky).

Imho, to figure out if you are over amping, I would recommend several thousand drops unamped to get an average, then compare results against amps. If hit rate, size, etc. are very different, stop amping or get smaller amps.

Don't amp - simple :)

Yep. Almost universally, whenever I help a soc mate with mining issues, it always comes down to over amping or incorrect spacing.

Back