Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

San

Elite
Society
OldTimers
Sandal San Tolk
Two things I would like to suggest in regards to shrapnel:

1. Make it so that shrapnel can be dropped into the repair terminal along with the items to repair, and would count against the repair cost at the prevailing conversion rate (i.e. 101%). This will first of all address the very valid complaints of melee users.

2. Make used-up L items convertible to shrapnel with the refiner. Additionally, make all loot convertible to shrapnel with the refiner. This would alleviate at least a little bit the frustration of almost always having to tt one's unsalable stacks. As compensation for the additional gain for the player (of exactly 1% minus refiner decay), this money is guaranteed to not leave the system.

Regarding #1:

Would only work with UL items AND the item should in that case be set to untradable until it has decayed down, to reflect UA properly.

Regarding #2:
I wouldn't mind that at all. In fact, I'd even put PED in the refiner if it gave me a 100:99 conversion rate to shrapnel. Ua makes my life easier.

Wow, you draw fast mate ;)

The 1% are gained upon conversion of shrapnel into ammo (or repairs if above is realized). Converting anything else to shrapnel first would of course occur at 1:1 value only.

Re. #1 concerns, well most melee users at least have uL armor or heal tools or whatever, and usually have higher cost in that field than ranged hunters have anyway. At least it would be much better value for them than it is now. Even miners would benefit, if they ever use anything uL and have to defend themselves on occasion.

I would like to see Laser and BLP ammo removed now, it's superfluous.

I would like to see Laser and BLP ammo removed now, it's superfluous.

I concur :yup:, might as well make it all shrapnel and get that 1% out of all redundant ammo loots.

... the item should in that case be set to untradable until it has decayed down, to reflect UA properly.
I don't see an issue with that. The buyer has to compensate for the actual value, to the system the trade is neutral.

@AkiranBlade, M Rufen Power
Wouldn't you like to make a separate suggestion-poll for that?

I find anything I suggest for EU is just overlooked and ignored by MA, so I merely postulate them, rather than try and get the community behind them, managing my expectations :D

Last edited:
For #1 it seems reasonable to be able to convert shrapnel into usable repair especially for melee weapons.

Regarding #2 I think it is unnecessary and will not be considered by MA not to mention almost any loot has higher MU than shrapnel.

Regarding them together I don't think MA will do anything about this as they will probably not find a 1.01% conversion rate to be anything to change.

Regarding #2 I think it is unnecessary and will not be considered by MA not to mention almost any loot has higher MU than shrapnel.
If there was any in-game commodity trading platform that deserves the name, you would find most of those markup figures plummeting as they get a touch of realism at last. I believe you found out in the meantime that markup displayed in the market stats is nominal, you don't get these rates on the street. It reflects only the part of trading that successfully goes through auction, i.e. includes fees. Not sure if shop trades count in as well. However, the countless futile auction attempts and lost fees aren't considered anywhere. Most stacks are too small to auction off anyway and too many things aren't wanted by traders (f.i. talk about the infinitely fragmented extractor crap). Then 1% is better than having money tied up in storage forever.

Last edited:
Two things I would like to suggest in regards to shrapnel:

1. Make it so that shrapnel can be dropped into the repair terminal along with the items to repair, and would count against the repair cost at the prevailing conversion rate (i.e. 101%). This will first of all address the very valid complaints of melee users.

2. Make used-up L items convertible to shrapnel with the refiner. Additionally, make all loot convertible to shrapnel with the refiner. This would alleviate at least a little bit the frustration of almost always having to tt one's unsalable stacks. As compensation for the additional gain for the player (of exactly 1% minus refiner decay), this money is guaranteed to not leave the system.

Cool idea but your wish should be preceded by mine lol.
Apart that some blades use ammo we have problem with most old school blades.
Is cool to have shrapnel to repair but you need to have something to repair.
What you do with several K of shrapnel if our blades have shity TT.
80 peds TT blade do not last long.
So i wish some system like that one of amps upgrade to be able to raise TT of blades.

So i wish some system like that one of amps upgrade to be able to raise TT of blades.
That's a separate idea I am thinking about for a while now, but haven't formulated yet. Maybe I should, thanks for the reminder.

Back