Question: How much loot do kerberos drop? (PED prices please)

Timmicus

I am considering hunting kerberos with a friend, and we would like to know the average loot worth of hunting them

I tell you what.

I have been hunting Berycled for the last 5 weeks, they have a similar health rating to Kerberos which is around 100 health at the lowest maturity and similar still to the matures 170.

The cost to kill is usually on avg 33pec.

Loot scale?

Usually I get half of the cost to kill returned in most singular loot drops.
Some low pec loot or plain fragment drops.

Then you get mini drops anything 1ped and above, in between.

The mini loot range varies quite a bit from 1 ped, 5, 8, 12, 18, even as high as 69ped!

Last edited:
Around 90% of what you put in on the long run :)

I had 178 PED from an Alpha with a limited Sword in the loot.

I was using an Ozpyn BP S1X1, with or without a limited amp (say HotFoot I believe, plus another for just the right dmg to max it.) I managed consistent 80-90% returns over long runs. When amping I took enough ammo to kill the limited amp so the calculations at the end were simpler. Means that the run can take more than one log in session to complete, depending on your level of commitment.

The Ozpyn is slow, and doesn't do a great deal of dmg, so the bigger ones can take a while to kill. If your evade isn't up to it, I would consider more dmg/sec but you will need to employ a finisher in that scenario (unless the DPS is achieved with uses per minute!)

Thanks for the fast replies all! :D So from what you're saying, it won't really be possible to generate a profit off of them? And if not, what would be the best way to break even / make small gains?

I think the best way forward would be to set yourself a budget for the hunt. Do the hunt, assess your losses, sweat the difference, go again. Rinse repeat. If you get a global or two, and you profit, no need to sweat! :)

Alternatively, you can set aside your profit and continue to sweat the difference. But this just comes down to wealth management really :)

Around 90% of what you put in on the long run :)
With full respects to Goni, do not listen to this out-dated ethos. My own current log seems to indict, this is no longer the meta in hunting, but to each his own I guess :).

Thanks for the fast replies all! :D So from what you're saying, it won't really be possible to generate a profit off of them? And if not, what would be the best way to break even / make small gains?
Give me a few more weeks and I will personally hunt them to show you what can be achieved ;)

Like I said Berycled & Kerberos have similar HP's and on my Bery quest I 'am now at +133ped!

If you want to beat me to it that is fine, just read this thread, take the hunting tips on board, on what I share. You should be able to profit just fine or at the very least survive doing so, which was the aim.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?273519-How-To-Survive!

Last edited:
Hello I've been hunting kerberos for the passed 2-days or so. Anyways I'm on stage III of the mission now and here is how the loot has been to me.

Gear:

Main Weapon: Ozpyn RSB S1X1

Tagger: Jamjoom Wipeout (L)

Finisher: Bukin's Blade

Fap: Adjusted Hedoc Mayhem

Armor: None

Total run cost: Approximately 300ped
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Levels Hunted: 2-7

First run: 264/300ped return (88%)
Total Globals: 1 (30ped)

Second Run: 260/300ped return (86%)
Total Globals: 2 (11ped, 10ped)

Things to note: 33% of the loot I've received thus far is muscle oil which MU is currently around 107%-108%.

Last edited:
Its good when mobs perform as consistently as the Kerbies do, begs the question, why can't the rest of them.

Well, after 1,1k spent (ozpyn rsb s1x1), Im sitting at comfortable 94% tt return.
Atm Im at 15k/30k at stage IV, so tt return can change a lot untill Im done with stage V.

But I like to skill melee on them.

To be honest - kerbies are my best mob in tt return so far.

Hello I've been hunting kerberos for the passed 2-days or so. Anyways I'm on stage III of the mission now and here is how the loot has been to me....

I'm interested in hunting Kerberos as well; I've tried looking in this Forum as well as Entropedia for mission info on these bad boys but was unable to find anything. Could you please point me in the right direction?

Its good when mobs perform as consistently as the Kerbies do, begs the question, why can't the rest of them.
Yes it does beg the question :laugh:. You made a good point!

Well, after 1,1k spent (ozpyn rsb s1x1), Im sitting at comfortable 94% tt return.
Atm Im at 15k/30k at stage IV, so tt return can change a lot untill Im done with stage V.

But I like to skill melee on them.

To be honest - kerbies are my best mob in tt return so far.
Considering your weapon of choice is not that eco, with an eco rating of say 2.849 dpp and your returns at current are roughly around the 94 percentile. If you had an eco of say 2.974 dpp, this would bolster your returns to a higher mark of around 98%. How I worked that out is this; 2.974 dpp / 2.849 dpp = 1.043875% (4.4% increase) x 94% return = 98.12% return, which is very feasible in my opinion.

I'm interested in hunting Kerberos as well; I've tried looking in this Forum as well as Entropedia for mission info on these bad boys but was unable to find anything. Could you please point me in the right direction?

Hi, their located at the TP Boreas on calypso. The cordinates to this TP are 74368, 67332.

For more info on the mob and mob locations go to: http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Mob&id=114

Last edited:
I'm in the middle of my Kerb Iron and get a standard 90% return from them.. Few small globals during that time..

My weapon of choice is my Chon. Takes a while to kill them but enjoy getting the skills in the process.

I also find that Kerb don't hit me as hard as Bery but that is just a personal observation.

In my experience, any consistently hunted mob does it - ones from events, ones that are heavily grinded for certain items, the pettable trinity at the archipelago, etc. The most demonstrative case is Ancient Greece - since most of the time you are alone there and nobody else draws from the pool, after a day of intense hunting same mob you have a steady stream of your own cycled peds coming back to you :)

Considering your weapon of choice is not that eco, with an eco rating of say 2.849 dpp and your returns at current are roughly around the 94 percentile. If you had an eco of say 2.974 dpp, this would bolster your returns to a higher mark of around 98%. How I worked that out is this; 2.974 dpp / 2.849 dpp = 1.043875% (4.4% increase) x 94% return = 98.12% return, which is very feasible in my opinion.

Do you have a weapon in mind that would provide this increase? :scratch2:

Wish they would permanently increase the spawn at Boreas. It is a very popular destination, but it can be a bit "race to the next mob"-like.

Do you have a weapon in mind that would provide this increase? :scratch2:
Well I was hoping to use amped Chon :laugh:.
I will have to test this out myself really.

I'm in the middle of my Kerb Iron and get a standard 90% return from them.. Few small globals during that time..

My weapon of choice is my Chon. Takes a while to kill them but enjoy getting the skills in the process.

I also find that Kerb don't hit me as hard as Bery but that is just a personal observation.
I do not see how you would be getting less returns using a more eco weapon.
There must be other factors not described, do you reduce overkill for instance?

I tell you what.

I have been hunting Berycled for the last 5 weeks, they have a similar health rating to Kerberos which is around 100 health at the lowest maturity and similar still to the matures 170.

Loot scale?

The mini loot range varies quite a bit from 1 ped, 5, 8, 12, 18, even as high as 69ped!

I forgot to ask, how often do you get the 1, 5, 8, 12, and 18 drops?

I tell you what.

Loot scale?

That being said, if I were to hunt bercycled, how often does the 1, 5, 8, 12, and 18 PED loots drop? Just trying to determine whether it'd be profitable.

Could you compile a list of things that you do to hunt more eco? Like, weapons used, heal/armor used, mobs killed, where you sell things and for what price?

That being said, if I were to hunt bercycled, how often does the 1, 5, 8, 12, and 18 PED loots drop? Just trying to determine whether it'd be profitable.
These are random drops. It could be as often as per amp used or second amp used etc. I had a 69ped drop but after like 4 runs of 50ped. Either way over time if you hunt a mob long enough it will balance out and you will see these types of loot drops on a more regular basis.

Could you compile a list of things that you do to hunt more eco? Like, weapons used, heal/armor used, mobs killed, where you sell things and for what price?
I posted a link to all that information in the 8th post in this thread. Please have a look!

Weapon setup, armour, what I hunt is all listed.

I sell things on Auction of course and set a markup price that's similar to daily, weekly values or a value that allows it to be within the first page of listings, because they are usually first to sell during the course of a week, but if that means dropping the MU to low, then I go and do the former instead.

What I sell is; basic stone extractors, short midastree board and muscle oil, as well as fragments. The rest I TT including the guns looted (unless you can sell those), or unless it is an exceptional looted item that is sellable like an MF chip for example whether (L) or (UL). I also convert shrapnel into universal ammo as this gives me 1% of additional TT at no extra cost.

I usually sell all the loots after cycling through my 480ped balance, which FYI was originally 360ped!

Last edited:

Yesterday I did small upgrade - bought Melee trauma amp I uL - eco went up from 2.85 to 2.89.
Not sure how to improve dpp next. Eco enhancers?

... Either way over time if you hunt a mob long enough it will balance out and you will see these types of loot drops on a more regular basis...

And here are the million PED questions :):
1. How long is "long enough" (in PED or mob count)?
2. Does the same lengthens apply to all mobs?
3. If you get a big-ish global in the beginning... should you stop hunting that mob for a while, or it wouldn't make a difference as the loot will balance itself anyway?

It's called bad loot over the long run. 90% is the average so far and I'm in the middle of my 30K. The MU on Muscle Oil has been raising well but it hasn't recovered it fully..

Yesterday I did small upgrade - bought Melee trauma amp I uL - eco went up from 2.85 to 2.89.
Not sure how to improve dpp next. Eco enhancers?

If you want an eco melee sword there is non better than the Archon Sword. There is no high dpp melee setup blade + amp combination that equals to the Archon's DPP, unless you own the new Arkadia UL blades @ 3.1 dpp which are rare and expensive :p. So buy an Archon blade, imagine the DPP of the Archon Blade with Eco Enhancers! :eyecrazy:

And here are the million PED questions :):
1. How long is "long enough" (in PED or mob count)?
2. Does the same lengthens apply to all mobs?
3. If you get a big-ish global in the beginning... should you stop hunting that mob for a while, or it wouldn't make a difference as the loot will balance itself anyway?

I have answered this in many of the threads in the noob corner already.

From observations, is that cycles are determined by number of kills and can last anywhere between 400 - 1600 kills (in most cases) it is more reliable to go by kill than ped spent etc, this figure can be even higher if on a high enough level mob, plus I only assume this is the case as I have no hard data to compare to my sample. Which is why I also said to reduce this risk, to hunt lowest maturity of that mob, reduces the risk exponentially!

Does this 400 - 1600 count apply to all mobs? I do not know the answer to that, but I do know that a lot of experienced hunters always say, if you can't kill at least 1000 of that mob without crying about loots, you should not be hunting it at all. So that figure is within my estimated range. Go figure.

In the case that you get an early global, the system will definitely take it back. I hit a 69ped global on a Berycled Young and before I knew it, almost the same amount was taken back, almost but I was still up on TT though. You have to ask yourself why are you stopping? The system is not stupid, if it gives too much loot it will take it back steadily over time, till most is gone.

Either way your goal as a hunter is to make those big loots come your way via a higher kill rate to everyone else, or hunting efficiently, making those nice splashes of extra loot, last as much as possible, draining all the MU you can out of the loot you get because it counts before the system takes it all back.

I do not track every run I do, because of this fluctuation in returns on a per run basis is nothing to go by. I usually cycle my peds till gone. Count the loot received, usually this is always TT+. Sell loot for MU, get more ++. Repeat previous steps. If I'm owed peds the system is not stupid it will cough it back up, usually in a global or two after a bad cycle, this is very predictable!

Last edited:
It's called bad loot over the long run. 90% is the average so far and I'm in the middle of my 30K. The MU on Muscle Oil has been raising well but it hasn't recovered it fully..

Thank you for the insight, if I get better results I will post them in the How To Survive thread, once I have commenced with Kerberos. +rep "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Sionkiewicz again."

Back