Question: How much loot do kerberos drop? (PED prices please)

Yesterday I did small upgrade - bought Melee trauma amp I uL - eco went up from 2.85 to 2.89.
Not sure how to improve dpp next. Eco enhancers?

Added eco enh: ozpyn knife + melee trauma I + eco enh II = 2.917 DPP
Now testing if eco enh at 600% are worth it.
I need to cycle 3k peds to get all peds tied in mu back

Thanks for the fast replies all! :D So from what you're saying, it won't really be possible to generate a profit off of them? And if not, what would be the best way to break even / make small gains?

On a long enough timeline the expected return for every mob is negative.

I have answered this in many of the threads in the noob corner already.
From observations, is that cycles are determined by number of kills and can last anywhere between 400 - 1600 kills...

Does this 400 - 1600 count apply to all mobs? I do not know the answer to that, but I do know that a lot of experienced hunters always say, if you can't kill at least 1000 of that mob without crying about loots, you should not be hunting it at all. So that figure is within my estimated range. Go figure.
Thank you for the time to reply to my noob questions; I thought that you may have hard data to go by. That doesn't mean I discount your observations... on the contrary, I value them otherwise I wouldn't have asked.

In the case that you get an early global, the system will definitely take it back. I hit a 69ped global on a Berycled Young and before I knew it, almost the same amount was taken back, almost but I was still up on TT though. You have to ask yourself why are you stopping? The system is not stupid, if it gives too much loot it will take it back steadily over time, till most is gone....

The reason I was asking about this is:
- On 23 Apr I did the Droka 100 IC mission with a 571 PED HoF;
- After that, also on 23 Apr, I finished the 500 IC on Atrox where I had around 110 left to hunt. I've got a 121 PED global with a 13 PED SI.
- On Apr 25 and 26 I finished the Drone 500 IC (from 0); got 3 globals: 78, 50 and 66.
- On Apr 26 and 27 I've finished the Ambu 100 IC mission with a 60 PED global.

So... during aprox. 800 mobs hunted I've got the above numbers - around 1200 PED with MU; this is hard data. Of course I think I had a very lucky streak and I have a theory why, but I need to confirm it first if possible :D.

What do you make of this? Its seems to me that I have a very looooong and bleak period ahead of me.

Thank you for the time to reply to my noob questions; I thought that you may have hard data to go by. That doesn't mean I discount your observations... on the contrary, I value them otherwise I wouldn't have asked.

- After that, also on 23 Apr, I finished the 500 IC on Atrox where I had around 110 left to hunt. I've got a 121 PED global with a 13 PED SI.
- On Apr 25 and 26 I finished the Drone 500 IC (from 0); got 3 globals: 78, 50 and 66.

So... during aprox. 800 mobs hunted I've got the above numbers - around 1200 PED with MU; this is hard data. Of course I think I had a very lucky streak and I have a theory why, but I need to confirm it first if possible :D.

What do you make of this? Its seems to me that I have a very looooong and bleak period ahead of me.

image002.jpg

Well I do have hard data. Killed over 15000 Berycled Youngs. Observed multiple loot cycles within this span. But to stay on topic I will relate this back to OP's preferred mob the Kerberos.

As far as I understand the hunting loot algorithm. Between let us say 99% - 89% gets returned back to us, how much you get back is determined by 2 factors (not explaining this :p). The difference in the margin is still 10%. If I were to hunt Kerberos, along with everyone else hunting the same mob.

The system places on hold 1% of the total turnover into a jackpot loot. The funny thing is, it is 1% and it also has say 1% chance of dropping on said mob. Now someone among those who are hunting Kerberos will get it. It will either be based on how fast you can kill (kill rate) to get to that unique mob or a completely random spawned mob etc, lucky jackpot winner :D.

I have a theory that says if you happen to get these jackpot loots, the system never takes it back because the loot was not borrowed, but rather gifted/ rewarded for your efforts.

I have heard of 1 hunter who hunted and his pedcard kept on increasing to roughly 40k+ in value, I have no doubts he was hitting those very lucky jackpot loots lol.

So anything that is not a jackpot loot and is an ordinary (borrowed) loot, does get taken back over time till any excess above 99% will be gone and you will be left somewhere between 99-89% again.

Seems to me, you had a very lucky run, perhaps hitting some jackpot loots left by others since you did hunt all different mobs, the only real way to verify this is if the system does not take it all back :yup:.

But this is my take on the loot system.

Last edited:
You basically want to take most of the lines, slam them down on top of each other and that is EU in a nutshell.

Last edited:
... Seems to me, you had a very lucky run, perhaps hitting some jackpot loots left by others since you did hunt all different mobs, the only real way to verify this is if the system does not take it all back :yup:.

But this is my take on the loot system...
Very interesting; also making sense, logically anyway. Thank you!

A man of few words... just my type! It seems that indeed, a picture is worth 1000 words :cool:

A man of few words... just my type! It seems that indeed, a picture is worth 1000 words :cool:
You should see when he writes a 1000 page essay, a graph saves him alot of time explaining :D.

Back