Help: What the Best Gun for Hunting?

Michael LokiReborn117 the-Greatest
Me and my friend are going to start hunting soon. (Actually trying to hunt for profit.) But to make a profit off of the loot without paying too much for ammo we will have to start hunting some higher level mobs, and the Sollomate Rubio from the tutorial just isn't going to cut it. I want it relatively cheap and ped-friendly, as we have not deposited. We do have some ped however and will spend some to get a good gun.

Edit: When I say "profit" I mean not spending as much on ammo as we gain from kills. We have a current 19 ped budget to spend on weapon and starting ammo.

Last edited:
unanswerable with the information given

edit: and Im just loving the 'make a profit' fallacy :thumbup:

Solomate Opalo is next step up from Rubio, the bigger the mob, the bigger the gun you'll need.

Worth having an Opalo whatever you hunt, its unlim and I've used mine for years.

:sniper:

Last edited:
Me and my friend are going to start hunting soon. But to make a profit we will have to start hunting some higher level mobs, and the Sollomate Rubio from the tutorial just isn't going to cut it. I want it relatively cheap and ped-friendly, as we have not deposited. We do have some ped however and will spend some to get a good gun.

Mebee should be moved to "Noobs say the cutest things " Thread?:)

Its not best gun but i like my DOA RJ ME.:yay:

Me and my friend are going to start hunting soon. But to make a profit we will have to start hunting some higher level mobs, and the Sollomate Rubio from the tutorial just isn't going to cut it. I want it relatively cheap and ped-friendly, as we have not deposited. We do have some ped however and will spend some to get a good gun.

Take a scan over the various hunting logs here on the forum you will see that no one makes a "profit" some even complain about getting 90% returns ;)

What you need, to maybe get profit, is knowledge of mark up (MU) so that you make extra peds by selling stuff to other avatars.

It is generally your ingame knowledge that makes the profit for you not gun or mob size ;)

Take a scan over the various hunting logs here on the forum you will see that no one makes a "profit" some even complain about getting 90% returns ;)

What you need, to maybe get profit, is knowledge of mark up (MU) so that you make extra peds by selling stuff to other avatars.

It is generally your ingame knowledge that makes the profit for you not gun or mob size ;)
I'm going to keep my thread updated as I do multiple runs or at the end of my ped stack.
You will see green, green, green!

as every nub and his friend wants to hunt big mobs to make a profit (or for fun) its IMHO easier to profit with small mobs (more % markup @ some)...uber- or shroom-dropping mobs may be an exception

So what you saying is, I won't get a 100% profit from hunting, unless I markup the loot to where I pay off the ammo spent?

as every nub and his friend wants to hunt big mobs to make a profit (or for fun) its IMHO easier to profit with small mobs (more % markup @ some)...uber- or shroom-dropping mobs may be an exception
I wholly agree to this!

So what you saying is, I won't get a 100% profit from hunting, unless I markup the loot to where I pay off the ammo spent?

basically, the system is designed to give you back (sic) 90% of costs - so to battle that, you sell to other players at a markup.

best laser weapon in game is laser swords imho

basically, the system is designed to give you back (sic) 90% of costs - so to battle that, you sell to other players at a markup.

This has been changed, PM sent to OP'er to explain further.

Last edited:
The best mob to hunt right now is android vixen. they have android gear in loot with 1000% or more markup.

you hunt these with a 14 pec rifle from "hunt the thing"
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&name=Assault_Rifle_(FA)(L)
this gun does 2 damage normally. And is crappy and annoying. But.. you can spray it from left to right, hitting 5 targets at once. You will do 1 damage to each target, 5 damage instead of 2. the eco normally is 2.826 based on doing 2 damage. but if you do 5 damage your eco is 2.5 times that. So this weapon has an eco of 2.826x2.5=7.065, if you spray it.

If you need to heal yourself buy a medkit[L] also from "hunt the thing". the eco on that fap is 24 (close to adjusted fap)

With this setup you hunt android vixens for garanteed profit.

The best mob to hunt right now is android vixen. they have android gear in loot with 1000% or more markup.

this gun does 2 damage normally. And is crappy and annoying. But.. you can spray it from left to right, hitting 5 targets at once. You will do 1 damage to each target, 5 damage instead of 2. the eco normally is 2.826 based on doing 2 damage. but if you do 5 damage your eco is 2.5 times that. So this weapon has an eco of 2.826x2.5=7.065, if you spray it.

If you need to heal yourself buy a medkit[L] also from "hunt the thing". the eco on that fap is 24 (close to adjusted fap)

i would say using the rifle this way is an exploit...
the past shows you propably won't get any problem if you do it...
still a risk..

i would say using the rifle this way is an exploit...
the past shows you propably won't get any problem if you do it...
still a risk..

I can't see why it is an exploit. In the end of the day it was designed that way and it does not offer an unfair advantage as everyone can use that gun. And beside that in the end of the day it is still a very low dmg gun.

PS You haven't seen laser swords? Have you not ever bought a sword from the tt?

Been there, done that. The theory and the practice differ because (1) there is always a huge crowd fighting over the vixen spawn and the slow, 1-damage-at-a-time approach will guarantee your get mobs stolen on a regular basis and (2) with 1 damage at a time the regen makes a huge difference even on these mobs, which have relatively high regen. Number 2 may only apply to calypso punies where i also tried the gun. I don't recall if it was an issue on RT.

Finally (3) is the gun even available in Hunt the THING still? I thought they standardized all the tts now.

I'm pretty sure it's not possible. Back when I started, I sweated until I made 5 ped, then shot stuff, repeat. If I broke even, I did a 2nd run. Took like 4 months to max an opalo this way. I don't believe I made a profit hunting until I found some SuUuUUuper secret mobs that regularly gave high MU items, but when the MU on those dropped, it wasn't worth it anymore. I also did well in the land explosion a few years ago with the daily/monthly tournaments.

Random advice:
Go to entropiawiki and look at the various weapon types, sort by DPS. Pick one endgame weapon and only use that weapon type forever. If you spread your skills too thin, you'll take that much longer to skill up. In general, it is agreed that the best weapons in the game are the EWE-EP Mercenary Modified (Mod Merc, or MM, laser pistol,) the DOA series (BLP rifle/carbine) and IMP2k (forget the full name, something something mark 2 improved, laser carbine.)

Deposit enough to get Gremlin armor, later get 2A plates, then 5B plates. Whatever you do, do not get the manufactured armor available in shops, especially ghost or phantom. Decay on ghost and phantom will run you into the poor house twice as fast. Pixie is generally recommended for newbies, but remember that protection decreases with decay.

Get a combat fap and a resting fap. The combat fap generally heals faster and more hps with higher decay, while the resting faps are generally slower with less hp but higher heal per pec. As a general rule, combat faps tend to look like first aid kits while resting faps tend to look like pokemon balls.

Use a finisher. I used to use the TT pistol, but changed to the TT sword to gain strength. You want to be able to carry at least 150-200kg. When you feel you have enough strength, use the opalo or something similar to finish off monsters.

Don't try to get fancy. The most eco monster to kill are chirpies, because you take zero damage and zero armor decay. However, you also gain zero evade, courage, etc. It is incredibly vital to raise evade. If you have extra money to depo, it is virtually unanimous to put it into evade rather than upgrade your armor/fap/wep etc.

If you are team hunting, a VTOL is your best friend. If somebody is getting beat up or runs out of ammo, just jump into the ship.

Spacing: you can reduce the amount of damage you take in teams by spacing out. The best team I was ever in was 3 of us vs the original prots. We made a widely spaced triangle, and the prot would spend about 50% of it's time running between us. Whoever was getting attacked just started fapping while the other two kept shooting.

This might seem like a no brainer, but make sure you team with someone you trust and you have pre-agreed rules about loot splits. Items will not be fairly split by the computer. The one that worked best for me was that all items would be split by TT value equally among all team members that participated in the loot. Because I usually did the majority of the damage anyway, I would take 50% of the MU as a finder's fee, and split the rest. For example, we found a pistol once with an MU of 110%, I calculated it at 105% and split it evenly. For ESI's, we split it based on -100% of daily MU to cover auction fees of the seller, so a 10 ped ESI at 600% would be split as 500%.

Back