Should Ancient Strong Pets be removed from PvP Zones?

Status

CloudyProducton

Guardian
Society
Extermination Core
Cloud
Ancient Strongs are the reason for most complaints about pet hideing when it comes to PvP.
while Ancient Strongs are about 5x the size/scale of any other pet or bigger,nobody complains about small ones.

Ancient Strongs used at rig often to hide under and avoid takeing damage.
<removed>

small ancient pets shown here and a variety of most other pets which are far smaller and harder to use in such a way as to hide under when being shot at in PvP.
<removed>

while ancient strongs being 5x larger then any other pet I think if removed or make ancient strongs not suitable for some pvp area such as landgrabs,pvp4,rig that would be more fair and be far less complaints about this. :wise:

what do you guys think? yes, no?

Last edited by a moderator:
<removed>
Dont get me wrong i hate pet hiding to. <removed>
everybody want it removed BUT first remove select target <removed>. And then remove pets. <removed>

<removed> i tell them also remove pets from pvp.
but not before they remove select target.
<removed>

mn13-cantstandtheheat.jpg

I dont think they care about our opinion or maybe not yet on that matter.
I think no pet have theirs place in pvp untill they can be damaged and killed at a cost. Have a cooldown spawn like vehicules and eventually be solid like other mobs are.

<removed>
I asked support for clearanse if i am allowed to use pets to advantage or if this is an exploit
I was told that "Pets are working as intended for the time being but doesnt mean it wont change in the future", so im sorry for you, Im playing by the what i was told to be legit and clean to play
Can share the support if people care about that
I did ask a lot about wht is allowed or not because some people will even call you out for steping your feet in pvp.

<removed>

if you look hard you will find in the forum that MA has banned to use tamed animals in PvP during Marcos time, and the reason for it was precisely that the animal serves as protection.:wise:

<removed>

Pet needs a spawning cooldown, to avoid switching pet too fast and leave ghost many ghost pet that are targetable, like that feroe island guy, they should be damagable and die with a cost; its pvp isnt it?

A poll to this question would be nice.

In my opinion; you should be able to spawn 12 pets at once while in pvp, 23 if Taco or Murkalael is present.

if you look hard you will find in the forum that MA has banned to use tamed animals in PvP during Marcos time, and the reason for it was precisely that the animal serves as protection.:wise:

can you post that reply?

~Turn on option: Pets fatality possible in PvP!

you are a pet Racist

I dont go to PVP much, but why would my Ancient pet (the only pet I have) not be allowed and everyone else's pet would be allowed?
To be honest that is a ridiculous question and even "pet racist".

All pets have equal rights to walk in the same areas and defend their owners!

All jokes aside now, you cant just discriminate Ancient pets.
The question should be:
Should ALL pets be removed from PVP?

Thanks

I dont go to PVP much, but why would my Ancient pet (the only pet I have) not be allowed and everyone else's pet would be allowed?
To be honest that is a ridiculous question and even "pet racist".

All pets have equal rights to walk in the same areas and defend their owners!

All jokes aside now, you cant just discriminate Ancient pets.
The question should be:
Should ALL pets be removed from PVP?

Thanks
the vids are very clear that only ancient strongs pose pet hideing problem in PvP.
the normal ancients are far smaller and nobody uses other pets to hide under.
that's why I say only make not suitable for strongs in (some) pvp areas you can spawn other locations np :)

if you don't go to pvp and don't pvp then ofc you wouldent care one way or another.
maybe all can just stop pvp because that huge rhino of a pet blocks all your shoots.

[System]: Pets can not be damaged.

so whats point of pvp when you cant dmg player who has entire body inside a huge pet?

also a problem for pvp4 that one side mostly uses them all the time as a shield to hide behind run out shoot then run bk behind it.

opinions appreciated but just wanted to show
shareing is careing and not sure people realize how much a problem this has become.
ancient strong=tank

I still would like to see that post where ma said its ok to hide under pets to avoid being shoot by any normal/select target aimer

if you don't go to pvp and don't pvp then ofc you wouldent care one way or another.
maybe all can just stop pvp because that huge rhino of a pet blocks all your shoots.

so whats point of pvp when you cant dmg player who has entire body inside a huge pet?

also a problem for pvp4 that one side mostly uses them all the time as a shield to hide behind run out shoot then run bk behind it.

- Don´t shoot at the PET, manual aiming helps a lot!
- Hit your oponent that moment he comes out to shoot you, that works have seen that at Orthos Rig

Thing that maybe should be changed, is making PETs attackable.
If they die they go back to storage and surely very hungry after beeing killed.

Personally I see no problem with so called "cheats", that are no cheats just ingame options tactical used by PvPers. To name some more:

- auto aim
- select target
- hide in PET
- hide behind vehicle
- use nearby list
- use mob trains
- keep <50% HP to be not lootable
- use Helmet to stay below 50% HP
- whatever I forgot or don´t know yet

All that is game mechanics that can be used to your advantage in PvP. It also could be used against you, depends if you are attacker or defender that moment. Tactical decissions have to be made in PvP what to use at what time.

Damn its PvP, as other said: If you can´t stand the heat, stay out of kitchen!

All this constant whining about PvP... just get the f*** on with it and shoot people. It's not hard, even if people try and make it harder.

I love the pets in pvp atm, its funny to see these guys using macro's nailing the heck out of the pets and not the players.

People dont kill pets, macro'er aka *aimbotters* do!

Save a pet and vote NO on aimbots!

When support answers "everything works as intended", then that includes you and me, the players – something not many seem to be conscious of. People are predictable, the larger their number the easier.

<removed>

using pet is allowed, at least when i asked support.
<removed>

using pet is allowed, at least when i asked support.
<removed>

<removed>

if its allowed and ok to use I wish to know <removed>

I wish someone who really cared about this stuff would post here <removed>

<removed>
MA know about the issues.
<removed>
sure MA is responsible for not fixing all this urgently. But each individual is accountable as well.
<removed>
MindArk obviously have their development capacity on implementing new features/games while bugs still exist and won't be able to fix this programatically yet. It would have been done by now otherwise.

MindArk should however announce whether it is a bug or a feature, and then after maybe 1-2 week period for everyone to hear the news, and issue suspensions to any who's logs show they are still using it in pvp (if determined to be a bug).

A major issue is this game has about 20 pvpers and maybe they just don't care. But I know many hunters who would quit hunting and just pvp if it got better.

As for pets, they should shrink in pvp or something, to rabbit size. Just an idea :p

PS this is on topic, since personally my big pet use is tied to Select Target use by my opponents.

<removed>

however hideing under a pet is no different then hideing under vehicles.
seems like an obviously exploit and misuse of a Pet and if not I would like to see some clarification that its ok
to hide under a pet to avoid being shoot.(still waiting on reply from ma)
<removed>

but clearly just wanting to know if strongs should be removed from some pvp areas.
as I said opinions about it also appreciated <removed>
Paulo say ma said its ok to hide under a pet to avoid takeing damage? makes me laugh but waiting on proof of this
<removed>

lets keeps this argument how you say .. civilized? ;)

<removed>

however hideing under a pet is no different then hideing under vehicles.
seems like an obviously exploit and misuse of a Pet and if not I would like to see some clarification that its ok
to hide under a pet to avoid being shoot.(still waiting on reply from ma)
<removed>

but clearly just wanting to know if strongs should be removed from some pvp areas.
as I said opinions about it also appreciated <removed>
Paulo say ma said its ok to hide under a pet to avoid takeing damage? makes me laugh but waiting on proof of this
<removed>

lets keeps this argument how you say .. civilized? ;)

<removed>

Hiding in a pet is as bad as hiding under vehicle <removed>

If you remove strong pets also remove non strong versions too, they are big enough to hide in.

<removed>

only have ancient small pet not strong btw

ancient strong is like 5times the size of any other pet includeing ancient small.

/mod note/ Aren't you all glad that work today was cancelled due to extreme weather conditions? :girl:

Any further posts that are:
. Not on topic
. Contain flaming, name-calling or personal attacks
. Contain personal issues between individuals or groups
will be removed.

If I have to re-visit this more than once, the people with the most posts that have to be modded will be getting a holiday from the forum too.

it was a bit difficult to read this post.... :silly2:

Status
Back