Help: Error code 499

legoknight

I'm having trouble during instalation and updating. The launcher is giving me an error code: 499 I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I also used the repair tool and I'm still having this error. I submitted a support case and it's been almost 3 week now I haven't had any response. If anyone can help it would be most appreciated.

did you run as admin? disable all firewalls?

please, never ever disable your firewall if you don't know exactly what you're doing!

and also please stop suggesting this to other people, as it is (imho) one of the most dumb suggestions someone can give. :wise:

please, never ever disable your firewall if you don't know exactly what you're doing!

and also please stop suggesting this to other people, as it is (imho) one of the most dumb suggestions someone can give. :wise:

I agree with that.

I've once had a "pure" firewall error, and that was because accidnetly "don't allow" once was pressed first time entropia was run, so the (software) firewall blocked it.

As for network traffic; generally as long as you don't filter outgoing traffic, the areas where a firewall could be a problem is when uploading dynamic content from ingame (as it uses, or at least has used, ftp), and receiving streaming audio.

What's, at least historically, has been a problem during installation has been the C++ runtime package; if you had problem with that you had to download the "base package" and the fix for the base package in correct order (from Microsoft).

Another problem could be that Direct X hasn't been installed properly.

One more or less obvious thing to look for is of course availible free space on disk. The client size could easily go over 10 GB in size (for me ~13 GB with all planets downloaded).

Last edited:
I went into kaspersky and I looked for the entropia universe client and I clicked "do not monitor network activity" and it worked that you so much.

Back