ComPet

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Hello deed holders

Over the last few weeks I have had time to watch some TV and during the advert breaks I started noticing all these phone App games being advertised. Having a look at some of these games, they are all free to play, but require ingame purchases to progress. I tried a couple and soon found myself buying extra credits to upgrade my characters...

Now, PC gaming is a niche market, as is the Entropia Universe playerbase. But the phone App market is huge, potentially 10s of millions of people all over the world. Now, MA completes the ComPet App game this year and launches it, tied in with EU. They will rapidly acquire people downloading the game and start bringing in profits as those very people start upgrading their pets. Move on they may want to try EU at that point as well.

I was dubious about ComPet initially, but now I see that if MA advertise this game well, they stand to make substantial profits, which will be good for them, ComPet deed holders and EU as a whole. If MA has any sense they will advertise this new game on TV world wide and people with their phones in their pockets can download at a click in the App stores. In one day I saw 3 different phone App games advertised, I downloaded all 3 to my phone.

If any MA employees want further info about these games PM me.

Cheers

worldwide, TV

did they won the euro lottery ?
I can imagine a web ad campaign and some well placed paid "interviews" on popular gaming magazines online and at best for some physical magazines too.

Last edited:
You belong to the 0.15% that actually spends HALF of the money in the mobile apps. It's all good and fun when it's free to play, but there is a HUGE friction in actually getting people to pay for the various features in the games. Here is an interesting read on the subject, and even thou I want to "believe" in the ComPet app, I have a hard time seeing how this will actually help the wider EU community.

To be honest, I think MindArk would profiteer from hiring a business analyst or two...

I play a couple of phone games but I've never paid for content in them - got a few premium items but usually through the process of playing.

The bigger issue with these games are when children are given carte blanche to do what they want and then spend $5,000 buying stuff.

The other thing to consider is if it is highly profitable for MA then they'll put all their resources behind it and reduce them for EU.

You belong to the 0.15% that actually spends HALF of the money in the mobile apps. It's all good and fun when it's free to play, but there is a HUGE friction in actually getting people to pay for the various features in the games. Here is an interesting read on the subject, and even thou I want to "believe" in the ComPet app, I have a hard time seeing how this will actually help the wider EU community.

To be honest, I think MindArk would profiteer from hiring a business analyst or two...

I share your point of view. Can't see ComPets as a horse to bet on.

I paid for some perks (not changing gameplay) in one free to play game (not mobile) but it is so awesome that many people did/would do the same to support developers who continue doing amazing job.
Hard for me to see ComPets as such revolutionary, excellent product.
Also I think that most if not all perks available to buy in ComPets will change a game (pay to win) and this is a huge turn-down for majority of gamers.

The other thing to consider is if it is highly profitable for MA then they'll put all their resources behind it and reduce them for EU.

Didn't it already happened?

Very few wants to pay for mobile-phone games. It think the best outcome from it would be as an way to advertise the main game, some kind of free marketing. MA should be happy if it's break even. But if they use it to gain more players for EU, it could be a hit.

Over the last few weeks I have had time to watch some TV and during the advert breaks I started noticing all these phone App games being advertised. Having a look at some of these games, they are all free to play, but require ingame purchases to progress. I tried a couple and soon found myself buying extra credits to upgrade my characters...

I noted some of these ads in a thread 6 months ago:

At least once a day I see a commercial for an Android/iPhone game on television. If these freemium games can afford tv commercials - how is it that Mindark can't afford one for Entropia? Here are a few I see on a regular basis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iXHAYzTPg0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyb1hZsfWII

and I saw this one on Thursday Night Football which had to be an expensive buy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHskC7JRL9M

I just saw this one on the FX Network:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofp7PWyV42c

There is a chance the ComPet thing will work but majority of the most popular F2P games seem to be tower defense or simulation games. I'm not sure the ComPet theme will be received well.

All the veterans speculating about the efficiency of the com pet game here forget one important thing. The potential market is massive and the concept to make real money is tempting. Even if almost everyone will play for free the few that aren't will make the difference.

After all humans must experience something first to learn from it. Just because this forum is full of people that learned valuable lessons how to survive, handle or even succeed a RCE environment its no common knowledge. People come in with blank minds and have no idea what they doing and whoops spend 5$ here and 10$ there. We do this for years, we cried we loved we lost we recovered we thrived. We were burned , salvaged and reborn several times. Whops that sounded now almost like peezle wrote it. :smoke: But from an average persons viewpoint at an age of 12 years and higher with no RCE experience making money from playing with their iphone must be tempting to try out at least.

Back