Question: Are we allowed to sell goods or services outside of EU for PED?

aVaLON_52

Elite
Society
ᴄʀɪᴍꜱᴏɴ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟꜱ
Avalon Butterfly Erupter
I'm curious to know if it's OK (not against EULA etc.)
to sell, solicit, or advertise
goods, services, currency
in exchange for the in game currency (PED).

Is it acceptable/legal?

Not too sure about money laundering but from my understanding it is, as long it doesn't have to do anything with a lottery or gambling and it put the whole risk on everyone involved since mind ark will refuse support on such transactions.

You should ask the support for clarification and tell them what you want to do. They are better suited to answer this

Last edited:
MA doesn't care as long as you don't deal with stolen PEDs (stolen ingame or deposited with stolen CCs). MA has always stated that any dealings outside EU are not regulated and should be taken at your own risk.

What Hypnotik asked for sounds something different.

What Hypnotik asked for sounds something different.

Oh, right. It is the other way around.

In Hypnos case, Hypno is the buyer, whereas in OPs case, OP is the seller.

Perhaps the best would be to just file a SC?

According to EULA, the Peds can't be used for transaction of items outside Entropia.. Hence its not allowed.

Touchy subject.

If I sell my PS3 and ask the buyer to pay me in peds. This shouldn't be a problem?

Would be nice to start a business outside EU and put up a sign "We only accepts PEDs as valid payment" :p

Touchy subject.

If I sell my PS3 and ask the buyer to pay me in peds. This shouldn't be a problem?

Would be nice to start a business outside EU and put up a sign "We only accepts PEDs as valid payment" :p

It still can be a "hacker/scammer" that pays with "stolen" peds, so if they prohibit selling PED outside the game, they should prohibit every possible transaction of peds outside of the game. Otherwise they can just search for stuff to buy with the peds instead of selling them for money.

According to EULA, the Peds can't be used for transaction of items outside Entropia.. Hence its not allowed.

Unless its with a pre-ordained business arrangement, such as Kostabi and his paintings and that clothing company from London who vanished off of the face of the Earth.

Back