Huge price increase in gold starter pack

point was to sell newcommers something for easier start

bigger prize its just .... who care about newcommers we want money for skill pills

so GL MA hope you get enough money from skill pill buyers ,
cause less newcommers will see this as a good option

Seems silly to me that you can buy more than one. Its a starter pack, with some non-trade-able items. Limit the purchase to one time, instead of nerfing the value of the pack for everyone starting out.

Change it to 1 time only purchase.. and create skill pill purchase option for $60 .. to see how that goes. Since they think people will keep buying at $60 for just the pills.

SpikE

Petition, petition!!!! :laugh: We need new petition!

:lolup:

First screenshot from WebShop :)

StarterPacks.jpg

Wow, I got one just in time - yesterday I decided to buy a Gold pack for the first time at $40, so I'm glad I did.

Perhaps, as mentioned by AxeMurderer the price has actually gone up now that I've purchased my first...?

Last I knew (and was confirmed by Toast Toast CHG on Sunday 4-26-15) it was listed as a laser rifle using a laser amp and skills but BLP ammo.

I Think it's on purpose; that MA wants it to be using laser technology (as all other starting weapons, and as it can use the smaller energy amps); but that the weapon itself clearly is a BLP weapon - just look at - as it was used to take down kong (there were hardly any laser weapons at that time...).

I've not bought any yet. Was thinking of doing it but hadn't quite decided for sure. I'll go check if prices have changed for me in a bit but they probably have.

I've not bought any yet. Was thinking of doing it but hadn't quite decided for sure. I'll go check if prices have changed for me in a bit but they probably have.

They changed for everyone sadly :( I will probably still purchase one... but heh a bit stupid to pay an extra 20$ overnight hehe

Good find

Did you also notice that you can 'BUY' peds in the webshop?

570 peds for 60 USD ???
Looks cheaper to do a straight depo in this case, is what I wondered for days.

But from another perspective:

MA has a couple of people that works on deposits and withdrawals.
Maybe their wages are paid from the withdrawal fee's

Probably MA has a couple of people that work on the webshop.
Maybe they need to be paid from these extra earnings...

From a company's perspective it is not a bad idea at all, if every entity is self-sufficient right?
Imo better that way, then from the lootpool!, But that is just mho.

Probably MA has a couple of people that work on the webshop.
Maybe they need to be paid from these extra earnings...

The trouble is though that increasing a price by 50% or 100% doesn't always mean more revenue. I know myself certainly, and a lot of people I know who used to by gold packs now won't, and the mentors and those who help in rookie chat have noted that they don't find it is good deal for them to be recommending to the new players.

These coupled together will create a loss in income from the few packs which will be purchased. If they were introduced at that price from the start, then people could have made informed choice then about their value. However to over night step up prices by 50% is going to create backlash from your customers.

It's a shame that there are so many things that MA do to discourage established and cycling players. This is of course just a little thing in most peoples eyes, however this change also hits new and upcoming players. Those who wouldn't have minded putting $40 on a game they were trying. Bad move all round.

The trouble is though that increasing a price by 50% or 100% doesn't always mean more revenue. I know myself certainly, and a lot of people I know who used to by gold packs now won't, and the mentors and those who help in rookie chat have noted that they don't find it is good deal for them to be recommending to the new players.

maybe the problem was the deal was soo good that people was buying this pack again and again , and that wasnt the purpose of that pack.

MA had 2 solution :
1 increase price
2 limit pack to 1 per avatar

seems they did choose to increase price , so pack is still good to buy 1 time (for starters item) but not more , has the deal is less increadible,so people buy ped like other player...

All they need to do is to take out the skill pills from the pack and make them separate. This way new player can still enjoy a good deal witch is imho the whole point of those packs to make an easy entry level into depositing while veteran player care only for the pills.

All they need to do is to take out the skill pills from the pack and make them separate. This way new player can still enjoy a good deal witch is imho the whole point of those packs to make an easy entry level into depositing while veteran player care only for the pills.

Other than for the bits and bobs, there would be no reason really to purchase these packs more than once. So limit purchase to one time. Problem solved.

I always thought that Golden Pack was undervalued.
Got one myself at very beginning and I thought it is limited to only one purchase. Never used any item from it, bought just for pills.

I guess MA finally recognized that it is undervalued, however they are too lazy to make it one time only purchase so new players will get it, while making new packs with pills for rest of players.

Think changing price might backfire at them, resulting in lower revenue, but we will never know any figures I guess.

maybe the problem was the deal was soo good that people was buying this pack again and again , and that wasnt the purpose of that pack.

MA had 2 solution :
1 increase price

seems they did choose to increase price , so pack is still good to buy 1 time (for starters item) but not more , has the deal is less increadible,so people buy ped like other player...

3 remove skill pill from pack

MA had 2 solution :
1 increase price

Third option:
3 Remove the pills from gold pack and reset the price
3b ... and move the pills to a new pack.

To keep down cost for new players. At beginner level I suspect that the skill pills is just a waste becuse they probably have a lower "skillgain/hour" rate than platers who are at a higher level.

It shouldn't be possible to buy skill pills at all. If you want to pay for more skills you can buy implants from players.

It shouldn't be possible to buy skill pills at all. If you want to pay for more skills you can buy implants from players.

:laugh: So True! That is just MA getting a bigger cut out of an ingame function, greed! :cool:

If the packets was to good for the price, of course they should increase the price, a good thing.

You can't TT the armor, FAP, or gun/amp, right? So, why would you buy multiple packs just for the skill pills and PEDs? I wouldn't want 5 sets of Adj Harrier in my inventory lol (or did they change the TT-ability?)

Fully agree with this. Skill pills should be removed from the starter pack.

Pigs get fat. Hogs get slaughtered, MA.

I agree

But MA loot balance manager doesn't

I say this because they ESI drop rate is very low and at the moment the price is over 1000% and has been like this for many many weeks.

no, you can't TT the garbage armor and junk from packs. i've got tons of sets stashed on other planets. :)

Bought 8 of those gold packs so far and i think they are worth it just for the skill pills, but now it seems two silver packs would be cheaper then one gold.

And give you the same amount of skill pills? Just had to keep buying the goldpacks because it was the only one available before.
Did they change that too? ie. More then on per person. (silver)

/Andreas

Last edited:
Back