Huge price increase in gold starter pack

Alainax

Elite
Bonnie
Has anyone else noticed this?

It used to be $40 for the gold pack.For this you got 200 ped's, 85 ped ammo, 30 skill pills, oil and some random stuff.

Now it appears the price has been upped to $60 for the same items... :scratch2:

Doesn't seem right! Why the sudden huge increase?

packs.jpg

Now you would either have to put up with the 50% increase in price, or buy 2 silvers. Which will do you out of 120 ped. Thanks MA...

Edited to add - all the starter packs have increased in price, not just the gold pack. Info from AxeMurderer :)

Last edited:
Scandalous , good thing I already bought 2 of them

Probably because people were buying multiple starter packs just for the skill pills due to the Gold package being unbalanced in terms of cost v benefits.

When people are doing that then clearly there's an issue, though I think it should have been addressed by making the packs a one-time only purchase as they used to be.

Probably because people were buying multiple starter packs just for the skill pills due to the Gold package being unbalanced in terms of cost v benefits.

When people are doing that then clearly there's an issue, though I think it should have been addressed by making the packs a one-time only purchase as they used to be.

I thought they just might wish to discourage established players from buying them.

However seems slightly counter productive as the margin and room for profit they receive from selling starter packs over pure peds surely negates the risk to skills? We pay $40 for 400 peds by depositing, or $40 for 200 peds - with packs. Those skilling are still cycling ( the majority).

We all know in light of recent events that MA couldn't care a jot about the value of our skills, so why now inhibit such in game purchases?

Putting the price up is a bit blooming cheeky. Like you say a one off purchase would be a better idea. However they lose multiple sales on that.

That's why I bought multiple packs

Whats a premium chardef and do I need it?

Edit: Nevermind...

Silver pack still worthwhile, better buy me a hundred...

your right Alaina, but that only affects new players so it a waste.

Well now it's silver pack 15 skill pills for 20 USD, and gold pack 30 skill pills for 60 USD.

Some people say zinkadus is Worth 400 ped... but on the other hand, it's best used with HK110, a gun where the new supply has stopped and isn't sellable in auction (and that way lacks an "official" market value).

It would be kind of sad if the reason for the price increase would be the skill pills.

Hdna selling and the 200ped almost could have made buying gold packs like a cheat. I don't mind them upping it.. certainly worth the value but I would want skill pills sold separately.

if the pills sold separately i would never buy a pack again.

Hdna selling and the 200ped almost could have made buying gold packs like a cheat. I don't mind them upping it.. certainly worth the value but I would want skill pills sold separately.

So they were too good a deal, and MA decided to increase the price 50%?

I thought $40 for 400 ped - - or $40 for essentially 285 ped + 30 pills, and some random crap was quite fair. I guess MA didn't.

At least allow us to give the guns, faps and vehicles gathering dust to some new players :) I guess they won't allow that either as they want the new players to pay for it.

So... makes one wonder why they wish to piss off the established player so often. Most companies try out a loyalist scheme, points card, reward miles etc... we get this - lovely!

So they were too good a deal, and MA decided to increase the price 50%?

I thought $40 for 400 ped - - or $40 for essentially 285 ped + 30 pills, and some random crap was quite fair. I guess MA didn't.

At least allow us to give the guns, faps and vehicles gathering dust to some new players :) I guess they won't allow that either as they want the new players to pay for it.

So... makes one wonder why they wish to piss off the established player so often. Most companies try out a loyalist scheme, points card, reward miles etc... we get this - lovely!

Because those packs weren't really meant for the established. Established players were buying them for the skill pills and a partial deposit. Seems like they decided to do a rebalance based on demand. I want to see skill pills by themselves. For now, I'll just use my scope and sights.

Because those packs weren't really meant for the established. Established players were buying them for the skill pills and a partial deposit. Seems like they decided to do a rebalanced based on demand. I want to see skill pills by themselves.

I guess they were selling well, so MA increased the prices on all of them. Supply and demand and all. Just is quite a stark jump, for the gold and the bronze is seems.

Shame really. They were a nice idea. I agree, skill pills sold separately would be nice :)

And here I was thinking about purchasing some... now I need to rethink this decision :p Damn it!

Forgive my ignorance, can H-DNA be obtained anywhere else? It's useful stuff.

:revive:

I was waiting for the PED purchase possibility, as stated somewhere in the past. Looks like the wait is over.

No packs for me. Thanks MA! :mad:

You can still access their original communication in the buzz, dated from 28MAY2014.

Wow that is a real shame (GOLD) starter pack was great value for money for new players, now the demand from veteran players has affected new players. Real shame, I'm glad I bought the Gold Pack a couple weeks ago. Phew! :wtg: MA

It really does suck because we've really been encouraging new players to buy them in rookie chat. At $40, iris a really good deal for them. Now, I guess it's time to rethink that.

On a personal note, I always thought it was a one time only deal. I would have bought a couple more just for the skill pills. Too much money now.

It really does suck because we've really been encouraging new players to buy them in rookie chat. At $40, iris a really good deal for them. Now, I guess it's time to rethink that.

On a personal note, I always thought it was a one time only deal. I would have bought a couple more just for the skill pills. Too much money now.

It was a one time deal (one of each pack) at first but later they changed it.

Yeah, looks like we tried too hard to promote the packs. They don't realize that new people did buy them because older players actively recommended them, but now that is probably over. It's probably still a good deal for the money but it doesn't scream "BUY ME!" anymore.

Not sure if you all missed it but the Zombie Kong Silver pack is back too at $25. I wonder if they fixed the weapon in it yet tho. Last I knew (and was confirmed by Toast Toast CHG on Sunday 4-26-15) it was listed as a laser rifle using a laser amp and skills but BLP ammo.

Not sure if you all missed it but the Zombie Kong Silver pack is back too at $25. I wonder if they fixed the weapon in it yet tho. Last I knew (and was confirmed by Toast Toast CHG on Sunday 4-26-15) it was listed as a laser rifle using a laser amp and skills but BLP ammo.

Just purchased the pack. Once it arrives I'll check......

How does one get a Zombie Kong starter pack? Are there different packs for each planet? I thought the web shop was a global thing.

Back