Help: Too low mob spawns. Why Calypso spawns are worst?!

Cerberis

Elite
Society
house of gamers
Cerb Hulk Beris
I think that problem got most high DPS hunters, grinders, teams - some mobs spawn in calypso is way too low. For example - Mulcibers - 3 mobs in big territory with lot of other kind of mobs (more flying and looking then shooting), 2 warrior exterminators, 2 warrior commanders, 2 drone exterminators (perfect for one solo hunter, but how about few players? or team?), high maturity Atrox (was made temporary good spawn, but was only for a week), Marcimex - ok for 3-4 hunters, if more - waste of time, not hunt... Mulmun spawn in pvp4 got few mobs (4-5 mobs?!) and so on... Some cases problem is not spawn size, but its spread out too much or its young - stalker mix or mix of few total different mobs (different in damage type or level). I didnt notice that problem in Cyrene, Arkadia, Roktropia - only Calypso. Question - Calypso team dont like hunters spending more or they just do not know what is going?

P.S. Was hunting Drone Exterminators and after few hours both mobs was spawned inside trees. Made support case. They reply asking screenshots... Ofc nothing was done. After server restart was ok for a while again... Same with Mulcibers - 3 mobs and they spawn in trees or under water...

MA - Is that so hard to make not 2, but 15 mob spawn, is it so hard to make spawn little away one from another? Is that hard to make different maturity spawns little away from each other?

Guys - if you got some problems with bad mobs spawns - post about that too!

I agree.
All mobs should have spawns at least as dense as Eviscerators, if not like Feffox.

Only problem would be LA owners complaining, but Feffox is Unique DNA mob and look at it's spawn...

I believe covering some of those deserted area of eudoria with some dense spawn of mobs would be a good move, ofc leave some area for the miners

/mod note/ moved thread.
In future, please create threads which are about changes to existing game features or systems in the Sugestions/Wishlist section.

Good idea.Would be nice if MA fix the spawns of these mobs

/mod note/ moved thread.
In future, please create threads which are about changes to existing game features or systems in the Sugestions/Wishlist section.

What if that was question to EU developers? Support cases give same copy/paste answer, so i post on forums, but forum moderators move it what they like?!

I hate too big spawns. Arkadia have a sickness of too big spawns.

I guess the solution is to have at least two spawns, one big/dense other scarce.

I'm talking from a Non-hunter view... they are an obstacle... :silly2:
But I prefer 3-4 middle-size spawns spread out on a large area than one mega spawn.

Planet Cyrene is without doubt the most hunter friendly planet: dense spawns, no tax, no mix mob spawns, lots of specific maturity spawns etc.

Last edited:
I always thought eudoria was more the beginner island and land areas were supposed to cater to grinders?

I always thought eudoria was more the beginner island and land areas were supposed to cater to grinders?

Orginally there was only Eudoria, and it has always catered for all levels of players.

Last edited:
People truly hate the loss of control

Fixed pure spawn

fixed maturity

no other mobs and maturities around so its possible google entropedia for the most economic hunting setup.

Also important a dense spawn at best no running and it would cool if mobs respawn always on the exact same location and not moving like this few berys on a Tp close to the calypso crater.

this should cover it or have I forgot something ?

I call this efficient but boring but I can see why many people would favour this yet I don't share this points and like calypso the way it is. Maybe mindark should throw in a few more dna samples to make it cheaper and more common to break up the very static LA map.

I guess the solution is to have at least two spawns, one big/dense other scarce.

When it comes to daily mission I would like to have a spawn at all.

Repesilex anywhere ?????

Quite agree Hulk.

It is my opinion that Mindark has mostly created mediocre spawns on Eudoria: so as to make the land areas sellable and entice hunters onto them.

But the spawns were fine all over until a few VUs ago and then it all changed for some reason. Even the LAs are affected by this lack of spawn as well. I just can't get my head around it. Used to be you could go to, for example: Skippie's Prot LA or LA40 for Atrox and tp into any amount of mobs and hunt one area for an hour or more without moving much at all. Now it's land, shoot a mob or two, tp, shoot a mob or two, rinse and repeat. Does my head in! I want to shoot my gun and get my gear tiered not increase my tping skills :rolleyes:

When it comes to daily mission I would like to have a spawn at all.

Repesilex anywhere ?????

Combibo LA northwest of Solfais. Repesilex daily is doable (certainly easier than, say, Igni or Pupugi), takes decent radar reading skills though.

It would be great if a developers could make it so I designate the placement of my mobs in one spot away from everything else so I am not interrupted by garbage mobs, and as soon as one dies that I am shooting at it will immediately be replaced by another in the exact same spot. This way I don't have to move at all. I can just put my gun on auto shoot and auto loot until my ammo runs out or my weapon breaks. This way I am effectively operating like crafters do, hunting afk on auto click while I watch TV or sleep or whatever people do when they are playing the game while not playing the game. This would be so much fun! :laugh:

Can't speak for caly.. but if you want spawn.. Arkadia is the place to be... markup is there.. and I'm not the only la owner with programs like in my sig.

Calypso specifically as a PP needs to be careful with alienating their investors more than they already do.

Can't speak for caly.. but if you want spawn.. Arkadia is the place to be... markup is there.. and I'm not the only la owner with programs like in my sig.

Calypso specifically as a PP needs to be careful with alienating their investors more than they already do.

The density of Arkadia spawns is good, but I would still class them as average.

Last edited:
Personally I think if a PP sells a land area the tax money should come out of the PP's pocket, not the players. It was the PP's decision to profit from the sale. This would attract far more players to land areas, especially if the land area held events.

There are some people who claim to get even more loot in LAs with tax, then in usual places. Some do not see any difference. We do not know how it is working...

All talks about "MA need to take care of investors" is not related with mob spawns if we compare spawns on planets... Ofc in same place it is related - could be that MA take care of few investors (Cyrene, Arkadia, Roktropia) by decreasing mob spawns in Calypso. But wait - every CLD holder is investor in Calypso. I am one of them and I am not happy with MA making people to leave to other planets! Dont forget that MA sold half of calypso for us for 6 000 000 USD... I am hunter too, that want to hunt in good spawns, but not run around looking for mobs.

P.S. Still waiting for Serica reply. This thread is about a problem, not a suggestion.

There are some people who claim to get even more loot in LAs with tax, then in usual places. Some do not see any difference. We do not know how it is working...

It would be great if Mindark could finally clarify about land tax, as I have heard many ideas about how it works.

Back