Back to Basics

Society
NBK Rangers
Allari Blaze Winterborne
About me

I've been playing for a few years now with the odd breaks inbetween where I don't log in for a while. I've depo'ed in the past, lost the peds and not minded too much because I've been having fun. :)

Now it's time for a different kind of fun. I’ve decided to see how long I can last without depositing again. I know this isn’t a particularly original idea; I’m not the first to try it, nor will I be the last, but I’m giving it a shot anyway. :p

The Plan

Sweating
Walking for Fruit/Stones
Berycled Iron Mission
Daily Hunting Missions (If they are doable with the gear that I have)
TT Mining

When I'm hunting/mining I'll be using low level gear; nothing too flashy. I have a couple of armour sets that I’ll be keeping but, for the time being at least, I will only be hunting things that I can manage naked and with minimal healing.

Set Up

This is what I’m using at the moment.
Note: Although I have a FAP I will be using it sparingly.

Hunting
Omegaton M2100A1 (L)
ZX Sinkadus
S.I. H.E.A.R.T

Mining
TT Finder + Excavator

Notable Loots

Isis LBP 1 (L) – 5.88 PED
Isis LBP 1 (L) – 2.99 PED
Isis LBP 1 (L) – 3.58 PED

Goals

Complete Berycled Iron Mission - (currently on Stage 3)
Level 17 SG - (currently lvl 16)
10k Sweat in Storage – (progress = 2/10)
150 HP - (progress = 147)

Dreams

Because it’s good to have dreams right? ;)

Own a Ruby Corinthian
Own a CLD
Own a Master Coat (F)

Completed Goals/Dreams
Own a Silver Corinthian - Achieved! :cool:

Other Stuff

I've been saving up daily mission tokens, but I have no idea what I'm going to use them on. lol :confused:

Daily Tokens Collected - 147

Last edited:
Good luck to your new endeavour Blaze :D.

Berycled Iron Mission - (At 2/3's of Stage 4)

To reach the Dream Goals, a lot of sweating :D

GL with it

Good luck with your project.

Remember the saying:

"If you want something badly enough, you'll get it"

:)

TY Mark, GoNi and Mega. :)

Update 1

Fruit

I’m refining any fruit that I find with the sweetstuff that I have to make nutrio.

Total Stones in Inventory

Brukite = 336
Nissit = 279
Kaldon = 92

Sweat

2.2k/10k

Stage 3 Berycled Iron

1,000/12,000 points

Mining

I’ve done a little bit of TT mining while walking for stones/fruit. Using TT gear means that I’m getting mostly Minimal finds but it’s a cheap way to break up the monotony of walking.

Notable Loots

Isis LBP 1 (L) with 5.88 TT value

rt.

Living on cld, and aud roi + arctic rig oil for many months now. Rt is better spot to do this freebie stuff imho due to low competition and low hp mob. I craft a few explosives and hit billy bar troll instance with the explosives to kill full bar in one or two clicks...

Ty for the advice mastermesh. :)

I’m going to be staying on Calypso for at least a little while for a few reasons...

1. I’m kind of determined to finish the Berycled Iron Mission now that I’m finally starting to make progress with it.

2. I have my little pet bunny that is too low level to spawn anywhere other than Calypso at the moment.

3. I have at least a little familiarity with the areas that I’m hunting/mining/walking in.

Update 2

Total Stones

Brukite = 423
Nissit = 422
Kaldon = 114

Sweat

2.5k/10k

Stage 3 Berycled Iron

2,000/12,000 points

Notable Loots since last update

none

Mining

The Daily Miner Category 1: Lysterium Stone and Crude Oil Bonus - (Progress: 270/2,500)

Other Stuff

My Corinthian Silver Kanin is now level 3. :)

I love the idea of going back to basics.

Whenever I've been disheartened losing out on 'big' mobs or poor mining runs (not that I hit above my weight anyway) I usually go back to my Puny mission. I haven't even finished a 10k mission yet so I may as well start at the bottom.

It's a good way to keep active and makes PED last a lot longer.

Good luck with your goals!

Update 3

Stones

Kaldon – 137
Nissit – 522
Brukite - 466

Sweat

3k/10k

Notable Loots Since Last Update

Isis LBP 1 (L) – 2.99 PED
Isis LBP 1 (L) – 3.58 PED

Hunting

Berycled Iron: Stage III
3,100/12,000

I’ve also completed a couple more daily hunter missions.

Mining

1427/2500 for the Miner Daily Lyst/Crude Bonus

Other Stuff

My Corinthian Silver Kanin is now Level 4

Daily Tokens – 147

I suppose I should update this.

I haven’t been playing much lately...then I came back and found out about these things called ‘strongboxes’. Short story = I bought some, so my non-depo phase didn’t last as long as I’d hoped. Oh well, I’m happy with my choice. :cool:

I suppose I should update this.

I haven’t been playing much lately...then I came back and found out about these things called ‘strongboxes’. Short story = I bought some, so my non-depo phase didn’t last as long as I’d hoped. Oh well, I’m happy with my choice. :cool:

I used to do stuff like this all the time, but not any more. Main reason? I know I don't have patience and get bored quickly... which is too bad, because you can indeed keep making small profit by doing certain things in the game. I have all the respect for those who can keep grinding the same mob for months, sweat by by the 10s of K and walk all the time.

Back