Pet Values

RickEngland

Elite
Society
Jurai Blood
Rickard Rick England
Well that was an interesting sale. A L17 rabbit that took over 300 hours of training sold for 275 peds, not much more than the cost of food. The Pet XP was 13250

Not long ago I estimated that a fair price for XP was around 100 ped per 1000 xp, that was based on many Level 7 pets selling for around 100 peds at that time. Therefore this pet had a fair value of 1300 ped or even if it sold at half price that would be 650 peds.

Maybe the SB didn't do it justice, although I think most are slowly skilling their own rabbits so interest was low. Or maybe interest in greater speed, is not high on players needs. There's nothing to say that a fighting rabbit might be an awesome fighter based on MA's humour levels (Those that know monty python will smile).

I guess those that are skilling pets for sale rather than future content should beware. I guess the question I would ask anyone is; would you bother skilling a pet to L17 for 275 peds?

Anyhow anyone can sell anything at any price, even though I scratch my head at the motives for selling at such low prices.

I think that pet fighting should add better values to pets, so let's see what the future holds. Not to mention the in-game pet auctions should be up soon.

Laters

Rick

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...an-Kanin-(Bunny)-with-run-speed-buff-unlocked

Well,

We saw the very same thing when pets first were reintroduced.

The issue with the bunny I got, I am guessing, is that it is the normal bunny. The number of these in game slowly crawls towards infinite, and with alot of people training pets for fun, skills and/or for sale, we will reach a point where the supply is larger than the demand.

At current, I'd call it a bargain, but long-term it might just have hit MU.

I myself sold an Ancient Strong Snable far below the price of the upbringing, and I bought it far below it as well. Interest for pets fluctuate alot. Just because something has a cost associated to it, doesn't mean that its value grows with the same amount.

Sure much like sweat sells for miles under effort.

That rabbit sold for around 100 ped per 5K xp.

I have a feeling Levels might only be for passives, and not affect fighting skill. Which will put a whole different value on pets.

Although if future buffs come with auto fapping or armour type shields, that changes everything based on pet Levels.

Missed part of your first post..

Putting a value to the buff, run speed in this case, is tough. For me the buff makes perfect sense (I am assuming it works while walking backwards, if not, hmm) since it will let me get one or two extra shots in mobs before they reach me. I am hoping this will make a difference in armor decay. However, even at the current price, it will take me more than a year to get the money back.

I know Falagor compared it to the bought buff, but in my case that doesn't work out, since the option for me would be no buff at all.

In regards of training pets to make money; one needs to do this at a big scale. If you do 50 pets simultaneously you'll have the first pets focus replenished before you are done dancing with the fiftieth. The time spent per pet will be minimal.

Am I reading this correct? Rick England complaining about LOW prices???? I think it's safe to say that Rick's account is hacked.

The problem is there are hundreds of people leveling up thousands of pets.

I can go out and buy a level 17pet any time of day, someone will be selling.

it is always the same when new stuff gets introduced:

there is huge demand, still low supply and there are people who want it really badly and pay a huge bonus to get it...
people see wow i can make money training pets and lots do it...
but after some time all paying bonus price got theirs and additionaly lots lots more hit the market... the otehrs buying don't want to pay bonus and it is not justified to pay bonus anymore because there are lots of sellers..
and then comes the time when pets hit higher without special "pet training" just by being spawned by hunter..and if they sell little over cost it is ok for them...they are glad if they can get back what they put in or just want few hundred additional ped for their hunt..
(*psst* i am pretty sure soon you will get the "normal" pets for cheaper than taming costs)

saying "well it was worth 100 ped=1k xp in the beginning thats why it has to be something around that today" just doesn't work..
the price had its background back then but it also has its background today

Last edited:
Values? My pets have no values: they are hellspawn incarnate. *rimshot*

Sounds high to me, too. There is an infinite supply of those and a ton of people running around with them spawned all the time to use the buff so it won't be long before the price trends toward "tt food"... unless some new feature/function is introduced that makes levels very valuable, which might bump them back up for awhile.

Personally i think pets need to age and die or something to keep the fighting circuit fresh and keep taming an ongoing interest, but i know i'm getting way ahead of the need for something like that. (This is analogous to the (L) economy vs UL.)

Also, OT a bit but the exact same thing happens with tiers. Just because you tiered a weapon up to level 7 or 9 doesn't mean it's worth even as much more as the cost of the tiering. I suspect we'll see that expectation fade away unless (as above) something changes that makes tiers have new value and/or the cost of enhancers lower (again), at least for weapons that aren't top damage monsters.

Am I reading this correct? Rick England complaining about LOW prices???? I think it's safe to say that Rick's account is hacked.

LOL...not complaining at all, I don't have any intentions to sell mine whilst there's a potential use in future compet. If I do sell, it's because I lose total faith in a future system. In which case my view of the whole system becomes worthless.

I don't understand how some value their effort for just the price it cost to feed it, especially considering it is probably still rare to find L17 rabbits out there.

However as Magnus said maybe pets will sell lower than cost. I have a vision of multi pet requirements, where they have to recover before sending them in again to battle. Which means you might need a team of backup pets. We never know what MA is planning of course.

I'm not so sure Art, I think the number of pets being continuously skilled is under-estimated. Loads of pets for sure, high level ones I think less so.

Sure Skeptic there's value in the rabbit, see how it performs I guess, you will have report back

Rick

Since it was me selling the pet I'll chime in. I still regularly get offers from people to earn 1ped per hour training their pets, so for me it wasn't worth it. It needed to sell for 445ped for me to make that kind of money. I took a risk on the normal kanin though and knew there might be too many silvers to make it worth training.

I think the whole L vs UL economy is a really good point to make. If we don't get a sink of some kind to consumer higher lvl pets the value of them all will continue to decrease.

I still regularly get offers from people to earn 1ped per hour training their pets

Of course you do, you've severely undervalued your time and knowledge. By jumping in with such a low price so early after the reintroduction of pets, you missed an opportunity to make much more, and immediately killed the price on high level pets.

Of course you do, you've severely undervalued your time and knowledge. By jumping in with such a low price so early after the reintroduction of pets, you missed an opportunity to make much more, and immediately killed the price on high level pets.

Except that from the beginning people were undercutting me and are doing so even more now. I assure you, I really wanted to make more than 1 ped per hour, but it seems that I can barely do that any more.

You did notice that this thread was started because I got 130ped(after costs are removed) for 300 hours work for a pet I just auctioned, right?

I think the whole L vs UL economy is a really good point to make. If we don't get a sink of some kind to consumer higher lvl pets the value of them all will continue to decrease.

Make them kill-able, we will take care of the rest..... :sniper:

I have said it before, we need more "decay" and limited things. Same issues with things like cloth. The economy would benefit from it.

Do pets gives any benefits for the avatar, or is it just a cool thing?

Make them kill-able, we will take care of the rest..... :sniper:

I have said it before, we need more "decay" and limited things. Same issues with things like cloth. The economy would benefit from it.

Do pets gives any benefits for the avatar, or is it just a cool thing?

The benefit of the bunny I was selling was a 8% avatar run speed buff. It unlocked at lvl17 which is why I took it to that lvl and tried to sell it.

I do think something needs to consume pets, something more than the pet squeezer the stables have that only makes sense to use lvl1 bristles and bunnies.

The benefit of the bunny I was selling was a 8% avatar run speed buff. It unlocked at lvl17 which is why I took it to that lvl and tried to sell it.

I do think something needs to consume pets, something more than the pet squeezer the stables have that only makes sense to use lvl1 bristles and bunnies.

Something similar to Adj->Imp->Mod Ek-2600 or 5B plates probably :).

Turn two Lev 25 Ruby Kanins with +14% acceleration buff unlocked + 5 Silver Kanins at lev 23 + 10 regular ones at lev 17 into one Adjusted Ruby Kanin (calll it Gold or whatever if you like) lev 1 with +15% acceleration buff unlocked at lev 27 and continue this road to imp/mod one ;).

Long term goal to improve your one main pet even more that will consume smaller ones and will require skilling them and you will have great market for pet skillers...

Falagor
:bandit:

Something similar to Adj->Imp->Mod Ek-2600 or 5B plates probably :).

Turn two Lev 25 Ruby Kanins with +14% acceleration buff unlocked + 5 Silver Kanins at lev 23 + 10 regular ones at lev 17 into one Adjusted Ruby Kanin (calll it Gold or whatever if you like) lev 1 with +15% acceleration buff unlocked at lev 27 and continue this road to imp/mod one ;).

Long term goal to improve your one main pet even more that will consume smaller ones and will require skilling them and you will have great market for pet skillers...

Falagor
:bandit:

Mix two bunnies - :love: - get 500 bunnies.

Except that from the beginning people were undercutting me and are doing so even more now. I assure you, I really wanted to make more than 1 ped per hour, but it seems that I can barely do that any more.

I didn't see anyone undercutting you in such a public setting, and if there really was anyone undercutting you that early I bet none of them had put the time and effort you had into researching the subject and knowing how best to give a good service to their customers. You could have done better as a premium service compared to the people who just wanted to get an edge while afk sweating. Instead you joined the race to the bottom. If you hadn't done that you would have got a better price for your rabbit.

Wascaly wabbit. Trix r 4 kidz

I didn't see anyone undercutting you in such a public setting, and if there really was anyone undercutting you that early I bet none of them had put the time and effort you had into researching the subject and knowing how best to give a good service to their customers. You could have done better as a premium service compared to the people who just wanted to get an edge while afk sweating. Instead you joined the race to the bottom. If you hadn't done that you would have got a better price for your rabbit.

There were plenty of people undercutting me right from the beginning, most of them ubers who just wanted to skill and then gave the pets away. Some of them when I had conversations with them kindly stopped destroying the market, most didn't.

I also had plenty of people tell me from the beginning that they wouldn't pay 1ped an hour for something that could be done at the same time as sweating. I may have still managed to acquire plenty of jobs and pet training at that rate but it was mostly because I worked my contacts very hard. You're right that if you think I lowered the price that you saw very little. I posted my prices to try and stop them dropping any further here, but only ever gained one job from here on the forums, all others I lost to people who'd offered it cheaper either before or after in pms. In short my entire 'career' as a pet trainer has been a constant battle to keep the value from dropping.

I almost posted several days into the bristlehogs appearing and then again a few days after each new subsequent pets were introduced, how frustrating it was to see people who just wanted to skill and didn't care how much it cost them ruining the market for other players. Given that you're now blaming me I really wish I had. But I decided I wouldn't come across as a whiner and write more negative posts here, but try to do something about it and stop the downward trend. I did what I could to make sure pets were at least worth more than sweating. I assure you it wasn't me that killed the prices.

When it comes to pet values...

Obviously a level 17 pet today is better than a level 17 pet tomorrow:
- If trained further, it will always be ahead of its younger conspecifics
- The XP increase rate might well be nerfed in a next VU.

Maybe a perception thing for me, but I'm finding it far more food efficient to only invoke tricks when the pet is at 100%. So I have the pet spawned, run around, when it hits 100%, do the newest trick, then leave it until it regains 100% focus.

Maybe a perception thing for me, but I'm finding it far more food efficient to only invoke tricks when the pet is at 100%. So I have the pet spawned, run around, when it hits 100%, do the newest trick, then leave it until it regains 100% focus.

Yup, that's how most of us are doing it. Although at 99% it's pretty much the same.

Back