Help: Gallerie Cleanup ?

GoNi

Slayer
Society
freelancer
Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
I want to clean up my galleria to get some free space.

Mainly old pictures uploaded for events, that are long time over should be deleted, but how do I do that ?

Only the forum staff can delete images from the Gallery, and we do it rarely - mostly when we get a request to remove a RL pic, or where there is a violation of forum rules.

Have you received a warning message about lack of space?

Only the forum staff can delete images from the Gallery, and we do it rarely - mostly when we get a request to remove a RL pic, or where there is a violation of forum rules.

Have you received a warning message about lack of space?

You sure?

Gallery -> My images -> Select image -> Edit image -> delete image.

Whatsthat about then? :scratch2:

You sure?

Interesting. 711 changed my permissions to let me mod in the Gallery back in 2012.
Pretty sure I didn't have an 'Edit' link, nor a Delete button before then.
I'll check with him though, as in principle deleting images isn't our preferred option - it leave broken links to them in posts and can destroy the integrity of threads.
That's why there's a rule about links to third-party image hosting sites, after all.

You sure?

There is no "delete" option.

What I found is replace image, that surely can be done when running out of space, but not tried that yet.

I'll check with him though, as in principle deleting images isn't our preferred option - it leave broken links to them in posts and can destroy the integrity of threads.
That's why there's a rule about links to third-party image hosting sites, after all.

I see the problem with the links to threads.
Actually I have no problem with available space, less than 50% used yet.

I just wanted to remove some old crap thats outdated and no longer interesting.

Don´t think people will brouse through 5 year old event threads.
If some will do, what will happen if an image is removed? Error msg?

Now there is another thing, as it is possible to replace pic with new pics, will this new pics show up in that old threads, where old pic was linked to?
That seems to result in much more chaos than haveing an invalid link :D

Just something to think about, you may bring it to 711´s attention.

There is no "delete" option.

What I found is replace image, that surely can be done when running out of space, but not tried that yet.

Bottom right.

You need to check a checkbox and then proceed deleting.

example.jpg

Edit: Tested, and the file is now deleted.

Only forum staff should have the ability to delete images from the forum gallery.

WhiningSkeptic is a member of a secondary group which had incorrect gallery permissions set, which I have now corrected.

Thanks for reporting.

Only forum staff should have the ability to delete images from the forum gallery.

WhiningSkeptic is a member of a secondary group which had incorrect gallery permissions set, which I have now corrected.

Thanks for reporting.

Awh, my super powers are gone.... :(

Suddently I get message for images I upload to the galleria that they need to be approved by a moderator.

Is it something wrong? I haven't seen that Before.

Edit: I Think it have something to do with a newly created secondary Group I recently was added to.

Last edited:
Suddently I get message for images I upload to the galleria that they need to be approved by a moderator.

Is it something wrong? I haven't seen that Before.

Edit: I Think it have something to do with a newly created secondary Group I recently was added to.

Permissions should be fixed now, thanks for reporting.

just wanted to let you know that i also have super powers.. i was able to delete few of my images :)
k Update.. cant delete all images only some.. dont know which ones.. just trying different ones.

EDIT: found that i can delete all Misc offtopic pics, so if you want to delete osmething, change the category.

Found a way to delete any image :)

Change category of already uploaded image to Misc Offtopic Pic , then you wil lget option to delete.

Found a way to delete any image :)

Change category of already uploaded image to Misc Offtopic Pic , then you wil lget option to delete.

Ok nice workaround, ty

Back