Entropia Universe Getting Oculus, SteamVR Support - VRFocus

Interesting ...

However, without a doubt, Mindark will come up with a bug, that unexpectedly shuts down this device
and reverts to the good old monitor.

DX12 will be out this year. And comes with a lot of improvements, the real-time demos look fantastic.

hopefully it dont needs 4 gtx card to run dx12 :) like in the video.

And I'm an electronic engineer so so this type of stuff peeks my interest! :woot: Also I do believe they have to improve the existing backbone to make this work seamlessly. As with everything, time will tell! ;)

why have to improve backbone? VR don't generate more net transfer. but maybe you need 2-4 grafic card to run it smothly, like in the video is showed.

Well, one thing more MA could put on their palmares. It's scary to see the amount of thing they implement just for the sake to have it. Then don't push think further and finally end like a waste :s
Oleg raised an interesting point, however with the lack of interaction EU provide (you can't even sit, repetitive gameplay, lack of ai.., only exploration on certain places or jumping from quad may be fun but won't last ) i doub't potential planet partners will choose the platform to provide a vr mmo experience. It would be far more easy to go to SL2 and won't have to rely on a silly fixed 4 months minimal release cycle.

I'm still to see something official from MindArk about their doing this.

Would've thought the first place to put a PR article about something such as this, would be on your own website in the first instance, so as to verify its authenticity :D

Would've thought the first place to put a PR article about something such as this, would be on your own website in the first instance, so as to verify its authenticity :D

Right, because PR firms employed as contractors by the company are usually in the business of creating fake articles. Great way to keep your clients happy.

It's legit.

So I have an Occulus. I got it to work great for the game.

There was a problem though.

When playing in first person mode the game looks amazing except, when you tag a mob it runs up to you and then starts doing it's repetitive lunges into your face. When it does this it generates a blurry depth perception from the nose of the monster to its back end. It did make me ill.

Not sure how they can fix that.

How did you get it to work? Do you have DK2? or DK1? I've heard it can work with DK1 and Desckope but DK2 is proving a challenge

How did you get it to work? Do you have DK2? or DK1? I've heard it can work with DK1 and Desckope but DK2 is proving a challenge

Deskope works best with DK1 I think, I wish the creator would come back and make it work with DK2 as I like the simplicity of the Deskope app.

http://www.vrdesktop.net/ works best with DK2, requires some tweaking to get the visuals right but if you play enough you can get it looking correct. One thing I find not so great is looking straight up or down causes horrible distortion with this application, but if you stay within normal 60 degree FOV ahead it actually performs pretty well.

Attention Devs - We DON'T Want Facebook

we don't want facebook. we don't want to link to facebook. we don't want to use facebook services. we won't use facebook products.

I'll buy a 1000 dollar Vive long before i buy an equivalent or lesser Rift for 500

Congrats to Steam for having cajones to do it without them

Vive La VR

mortem tyrannis

Given this thread has just been bumped i'll add something.

Please could MA clarify whether these are still the devices which are to be supported? Will support be planned for the Microsoft Hololens as well?

I think we are coming up to the point where people are going to be buying these devices, so don't want to buy the wrong one :laugh:

I missed the OP back then and I got the urge for a rant.

I am one of the few(?) who can tell VR will die fast, like 3d tv's and maybe less 4k tv's, at least 4k tv content (but 4k monitors are good for computer desktop work!)

When I hear ppl think this VR is going to be the new hot, I just shake my head and let it go. (I got the same feeling for IOT, but thats for another rant).
At best, the vr manufacturer can make a cheap and good enough for ppl to buy, try once or twice, say "cool", then use it to decorate the bookshelf, or collect dust together with all their never-used-again controller pads, older consoles and scart adapter cables.

There are several reasons for this, I will mention some
-VR will be too low res for ages
-The glasses, if non augmented (closed for external light), will always be too airtight and re-arrange the heads center of gravity, to be comfortable.
-VR messes too much with your head and balance and irl reference logic

There are very limited good use for this, but they are not high volume. Things like estate previews, where you put them on, do some viewing, take them off and never use it again for a long time. Also, in some science and remote control of some bots, for short periods.

What we see is a business trying to create new products to sell you more crap you dont need.
Go buy this instead:

Entropia Universe Getting Oculus, SteamVR Support
[SIZE=-1]VRFocus[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]For the past 12 years PC videogame Entropia Universe has offered one of the largest Massively Multiplayer Online Real Cash Economy (MMORCE) experiences in the world. Players have been able to enjoy this sci-fi experience, travelling to a wide range of ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]and more »[/SIZE]

More...

News feed provided by Google News.

Back