Would EU go to this extreme?

BenCoyote

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Benjamin 'Ben' Coyote
Okay Mods Note.. This is one of those "What if " Scenarioes that could be executed (Figureatively speaking.. or it it in reality ) in EU, and in no way shape or form is the opinion of this viewer.. Viwer discretion is advinsed..

Cheating.. How many times has this happened in this game. and we all know the stories of how people use ways to exploit the game, and in a way try to gain an economical advantage..

We've all hear the stories andfor some, some have been locked out of the game, some have just gotten aslap on the hand, and some are completely innocent..

But when somoene cheats in a game it hurts all of us.. and sometimes the person cheating gets away scot free, and sometimes, they get caught..

Now this is a what if scenario.. and reemmber mods, this is only a whiat if, and in fact I think personally (In no way shape or form on an opinion that someothing like this could be cqarried out not only in other games outside of EU, but within EU it's self..

I'm talking about.. Execution..

Yes Execution, the kind of thing hat you hear about when heinous crimes like murder are committed in real life..

But waht about in video games/ Sure we in EU have the Bannings, and in fact we all hear about someone's account getting locked because they cheated in some way shape or form..

But imagine catching the criminal, and then making a video and summarily executing him..

Think I'm joking?

Well I'm not.. This just happened recently in aonother video game that will remain nameless. One of the playes got caught cheating by violating the Terms of Use contract , and the developers decided.. "Wouldn't it be a novel idea to create a video, andshow what happens when you cheat.. and what the punishment is..

And believe me when I say execution, I mean any type of execution and in this case it was someone being thrown off a high bridge.. ..

Now what if, (but please do take this as a what if..) But what if EU went to this far extreme? What if they literally didn't lock the account but created videos to show as prime examples of what NOT to do in this game..
and this includes executing the avatar..

I mean the law of Hammurabi, and the legal system usually want a quick speedy and efficent trial witth a jury of their peers to actually convict and e3ven if need be force the ciminal to actually be imprisoned or even executed.. Judged, Juried and executed..)

(Sure some of you chuckle at this idea, (But seriously this is just one game company right? Thinnk again..

Other companies have found Cheaters in their games as well, and for another company they figured out that the best way to get rid of the cheater would be to have them hop into the char they cheated in, and to have it explode.. right in their face. (Almoist like a mafia style hit..)

I mean is this is where the game is going to go? WOuld this company go that far to the extreme to acutally do this to those who decided to use an exploit and to actually make a video fo the punishment fititng the crime?

Makes you think and probably would leave you thinking.. "If I did that , would they, could they do this?

But then let's take a flip side to this, (And here I go playing devil's advocate.. )

but what if MA did nothing? Or did very little like they are right now in some people's minds..

The real question boils down to this..

"Should people who are caught cheating have their avatar tried in a court of their peers, judged, by an official (Such as one of the Community mangers presiding as judge), and summarily executed?

Now that I've opened that Can of worms, it's time to see what the reactions are.. and I don't care who you are.. doewsn't matter if ou are a pirate, a good guy, a scammer, or whoever.. It would be intersting what people would say about something like this..

(A video about your avatar's executioon for a crim you commited )

Also waht about those were were innocent, would the same hold true to them. I mean how many times in the past have we seen people throw in jail becaus ethey wer einnocent (nd yes I'm talking in REal life and not in agame..(Sure you say, It's just a game..)

but as the dev of this game said and I quote.

We don’t need to see it in-game, sometimes good video evidence is enough for me to track down who it was. In this case, the video was enough for me to find out who it was and take action.”

But again this brings up the issue of people being accused, of people doctoring videos even if they are tuue, it can easily be just as ell forged..).

In the end, would anyone want to wish this on anyone else?

It makes you now really wonder.. and makes you start to either have the following: Deep thoughts, Plesant dreams.. or horrible nightmares..

Remember we are playing in a game with an RCE, remember that every action done has it's consequences.. ad remember, it's yoru avatar it's your life in this game, would you want this to happen to you?

I sure wouldn't..

After all this crime was caught on video, the developers saw the videos they took action, and in the end, othe entire community, some 300,000 people got the satisfaction of watching a players avatar die,a dn the irony was.. the population all agreed.. If you cheat you should be punished..

So evil beware, you never will know what might happen, you might one day wake up and jump off a high stone bridge thnking you're safe, and end up.. Dead..

Oh well ....

Geronimo!

Cpl Benjamin Ben Coyote , IFN Military
a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper" (and His_Dog_Spot)

If someone cheat and get banned for life that's enough for my taste. After all the person behind the avatar cheated, the avatar is just a bunch of pixels. Avatar execution sounds boring and uninteresting, there isn't justice in it and it doesn't hurt the former owners because the second they got banned they lost the avatar.

But I admit the idea of harsh punishment have a great potential for story writing. I once made a short story of a dystopian future society where the regime control the population with e sport games. If your team lose in this games you die for real because an executioner stay the whole time behind you and the second your in game avatar die you will be shoot in the head. Everyone place bets on the teams and its the ultimate form of entertainment with nearly 100% viewers and you could even call in the show and win prizes if you can predict the order the participants die. This was heavy influenced by the movie "running man" but different setting and virtual.

This kind of cruel blood sport is as old as humanity and I don't know why it have this fascination. Maybe because it is a symbol for survival and the will to win. With a life on stake even a silly game become death serious. This is of course all fiction and god thanks its not real.

Meh, just move all the items from avatar to their storage and teleport the avatar into a tiny cell somewhere that cannot be exited for the duration of the ban :silly2:

There is always the one way around it tho. Create a new account and just start doing it again. Since I have never heard of MA doing IP address bans (maybe they do but i'm not aware of it) or even better use MAC addresses to ban people. This would solve a lot of the scammer problem too not just cheaters.

Back on topic now :topic:

I think a more public announcement of what is being done with cheaters and scammers would make a big impact but that you don't necessarily have to do an "execution" to make your point.

Don't do the crime if you can't pay the fine.. (Don't do it..)

Alright this is wehre my observations come in and in fact what each has said so far makes some reasonable sense, but then again no plan to catch, try and "Execute' (in a manner of speaking), is perfect.. Let's start off wih this idea.. So let's begin with the comments..

If someone cheat and get banned for life that's enough for my taste. After all the person behind the avatar cheated, the avatar is just a bunch of pixels. Avatar execution sounds boring and uninteresting, there isn't justice in it and it doesn't hurt the former owners because the second they got banned they lost the avatar.

Alright, that's a given and in fact the idea here is to reduce thenumber of cheaters and scammers so taht the fair folks of the Universe can trade without the fear of having stuff stolen, or taken from them. But then eewe're looking at the person who commits the crime and not the victim.

So let's say that we did have MA go the extreme, and frankly haivng an execution on a place like youtube isn't uncommon, and in fact sure in some cawses on the television, but not all executions on television are not show whatsoever. They are depicted by what is called "An artists sketch and usually it's these that are shown. But in today's world of cyber space, haivng some 3000,000 people watch an avatar execution is unheard of, but the thing I think this other game company was showingwas that they were not being taken lightly..

But then a new problem crops up and this is shown in this post

There is always the one way around it tho. Create a new account and just start doing it again. Since I have never heard of MA doing IP address bans (maybe they do but i'm not aware of it) or even better use MAC addresses to ban people. This would solve a lot of the scammer problem too not just cheaters.

And this is very true to the extreme and I can cite a few cases of this and these storis crop up again and again in this forum.. (but I won't name names.. )

In one case i recall a person was trying to phish for user id's and passwords and the first mistake he made was trying to pass himself off as Entropia Universe support.. and yes, even though the intelligent folks told MA about this the person who would get his account locked and most notably hsi IP bloced by the company would indeed
usally within 24 hours, actually create a new avatar and do it again.. and again and again..

In the end this player (whoever he/she was0 did this on at least 14 different occassions over 14 days.. then once they ran out of taht birlliant idea, turned around and then tried to do this as some sort of Entropia Pormotional stunt.. ()And I know MA they do not do that, unless the have one of their representatives do it, or it is posted on the actual website..

Yt another set ofv avatars were created and again people reported it, and each time MA blocked thoe IP addresses as well.. But the issue was.. that each time the perpitrator did this and tried to find a way around this, he kept getting caught, and in fact this is where would could have seen not just 1 execution but as many as 14.. all video taped and posted up on youtube for the entire world to see.

But as has been pointed out some players try to cover their tracks but there is one sure fire way the company could actually do this and this idea was given to me by a friend who was a socmate of a soc I was prviously in..

you trace them by credit card numbers.. After all stop and think, if you have 3 credit card numbers and they all are tied to the same person with the same name and the stame excact address, then there would be no way that these people could create new avatars (sure they could try but in the end, the cards would point to who it was and it would be up to the company to actually carry out the warning and possible subsequen t banning(s) and terminations of the gamer..

(And believe me any 13 year old who got ahold of theiir parent's credit card would have his hide tanned within an inch of his life. Trust me on this one.. Mom and Dad would hate to se ea few listings on their credit card statements showing that Junior decided to actually put a few rounds of ped onto their credit line.. (I can see that kid being grounded for a year of sunday s when Mom and Dad find out about it.. That the kid (Their own Kid) is committing bank fraud..)

But then let's get back onto topic...

Fiona Simmons;3375351But I admit the idea of harsh punishment have a great potential for story writing. I once made a short story of a dystopian future society where the regime control the population with e sport games. If your team lose in this games you die for real because an executioner stay the whole time behind you and the second your in game avatar die you will be shoot in the head. Everyone place bets on the teams and its the ultimate form of entertainment with nearly 100% viewers and you could even call in the show and win prizes if you can predict the order the participants die. This was heavy influenced by the movie "running man" but different setting and virtual. [/quote said:
An this is another good idea.. it's waht you do and how you do it that puts you into the game's story line or not.. After all think abu tit, Even thought your avatar is in fact nothing more than the sum of all it's pixels, it's the person behind the avatar, that makes or breaks them.. They want to be hoenst, they'll be recoghnized as a saint (in some cases or at least a fellow that you would trust.. If you decided to cheat and you were found out, you too woul de be literally "Executed by your peers (Not in the way of a true execution but rather the issue of being shunned, being an outcase or loner. this is what is making up some oo fth eplayers right now (again I'm not going to name names as it does violate Rule 2.2 and 2.3 of the forum rules. ) But the point is MA said it best on their own webpage, IYou can only have one agvatar for a reason.. After all this is your avatar's reputation riding on the line, and your own. I mean how would you like to be found out by your friends who see you cheating? How fast would you be ostracized in real life/ Or would they join in and do what you do, and use you as a prime example of how to fight the sytem (So to speak).

That's the thing, You can't really either condone nor support cheating, but in the social stigma that is any MMORPG, your reputation preceeds you, and if you do bad things, beleive me if cuahgt, you will have the account locked.. But again as was pointed out, you could still cheat and create multiple avatars.. and thus ruin your reputation further.. (Makes me wonder why people do this? Its it that they really do want to see if they can be a "Serial Killer' type of person who wuld assassinate his own avatar and it's garnered wealth, just by creating these multis or would it be that they're just wanting to do soethig that they know is illegal but they do it in game. (And who knows this might eventually then surface in the real world when they committ actual crimes..)

(Yes this is abig can of worms even thugh people say , It's just a game.. People would Murder and kill in another game way back 30 yers ago when it was nothing more than pen and paper, and you probably have heard all of that.. Just look up a specific game created in Wisconsin back in the 1970's and yuo will see what I mean)..

But agian I digress. And back onto topic a second time..

Fiona Simmons;3375351This kind of cruel blood sport is as old as humanity and I don't know why it have this fascination. Maybe because it is a symbol for survival and the will to win. With a life on stake even a silly game become death serious. This is of course all fiction and god thanks its not real.[/QUOTE said:
Alright , granted, but then I'd like to piont out something heree. and this is going back to that very last paragraph.. Some people just coment it is just a game, but some take this game very very seriously.. How seriously? Seriously to the point that they take their wrath out on not only other players but also the company itself.. making idele threats and going to the extreme themselves..

The problem I see is that in any RCE no matter if it is EU or any other possible game that spouts an RCE, (or someting similar) , players tend to take these ideas and fantasies to the extreem.. Not more than a couple months back 4-5 to be exacvt, I put up a question that dealt with monetary vs Social sides of this game, and the question i asked was.. "What is your aspect on the game, is it monetary (Do you focus onl only the money? or do you focus on the social side of the qequation (The learning and exploration of differnt people's cultures and idealisms..

You an guess where that ended up.. Most of the people who responded focuses only and solely on the money,, and that very few gfocused on the social aspects..(and yes this is wheere the execution video idea shows us how a person can be made to look like a criminal in the game, a cheater, a person who is so despicable, that they can and do these things often for some reason.. sometimes it's for the money (and agai I can cite cases of this and this includes scammers) and they don't realize that we, the community are always watching them make the same mistakes over and over agian, not learning their lessons.. Imagine the shock and horrior when their avatar is judged, Juried and totally executed.. It makes me wonder what that person who had that avatar i that other game was thinking.. In fadfct Thre are a number of reasons people cheat (I've talked with a lot of my gamer freinds and there is an actual conscensus here), the reason as to why people cheat, is that they want to actually feel like they are in control that they want to feel powerful that they can berate and threaten and get awy with it.. (Sure in a game you can do this, but .. waht about real life/ Most people claim they never do it, yet the might be surrpised when they acutally take their gaming idealisms and bringthem over to the oter side..

(Sure it's jsut a game here, but what's the fine line between seperating the fantasy from the reality..(Like I said in my last comment that if you go back tothe 1970's you find a prime few examples of where people don't or rrather can not seperte fantasy from reality.. that's the danger with any game.. what could stop a person from going to the reality of life and committing such an extreme act..

and then there is the abpathetics who don't care if they were the victim or the perpitrator, to them it's indeed a game, but then it makes me wonder.. which side of the game they stand on? The inside or the outside?
But then sometimes posts like this make perfect sense..
and yet there are flaws with the logic..

Meh, just move all the items from avatar to their storage and teleport the avatar into a tiny cell somewhere that cannot be exited for the duration of the ban :silly2:

Now this is very true and in fact when a player is permabanned, I feel that indeed the avatar's porssessions should be sold off to the rest of the community if they so want it, stuff that isn't bought will then be TT'ed and the end result is. that the play doesn't get hhsi jsut reward.

Bbut then thee' aflaw and that comes up to paragraph 2 where people can and do create multis and thus try to skirt the system.. yet there are ways to catch themn.. In todays world , Seriial kills and robbers do make mistaks they leave their own finger pirnts or try to taunt the enformcent agencies thinto try ing to catch them.. Som eof them cause the masssive amounts of mayhem, and expect that they can't get caught.. Need we look in the paper any day and we can see this doesn't happen.. Thanks to to day's technology people often do get caught.. jsut because they bungle a simple problem and leave a hint of who they are..)

bu tnow let's put this in the virtual world.. and this is where things get tricky at best and almost impssible at worst.. Companies and agencies can and do oten trace down criminals with something as simple as an IP address, Game companies can do the ssame. Yet some of the perpitrators do make a big mistake, they claim the responsibility of committing the crime so that they can get into the front page eveyr day.. Need i remid folks abut hwo 2011 beccame "The yer of the hacker.. and 2012 and 2013 wer eno different.)

The final point is if people think they can cheat, they ogen will, why? To gain some sort of power base or control to actualy be in control.. and to think that no one can stop them..

Tha's why sometimes thee is that idea that comes up from time to time.. The Bounty hunter.. the guy who goes out after these guys and hutns them down.. to claim a reward for turning cheaters in..

But as also has been pointed out time and agian, this system too can be abused.. and it can be cheated on.. and frankly Bounty hunting while a good idea could actually help destroy a game by people cheating nd claiming a bounty only to split it with there friend whom they captured andthen after that, they are let go..

No I think Night hawk you have the right idea.. and in fact I'e seen one game tha has Mods or game masters come in and while the player taunts them and begs and pleads with them to let them out of the cells, they don't realize someitmes that their begging and pleading and taunting and threatening doesn't get them out of a jam, it gets them deeper ito one..

So maybe in the immprtal words of a famous police cop, there is this old saying.."Don't do the crime if you can't pay the fine.. Just don't do it.." Of course if MA went to this extreme and did execute the player it would be interesting to see how they would do it.. (After all in the world today there ar over 20 different ways an person can be executed.. in real life.. yet in this game there is noe except maybe a letter to the player sayig "You've been banned and the acdcount is locked and the good s sold off..

but that doesn't stop the player from comig back again and again, and unless they are very very very stupid, maybe they will try agin, maybe not, after all humanity and this game are very much tied together.. it's not eh avatars themselves who committ the cheats, the exploits and the crimes in this game, it's the people behind this who think they are in control who do.. Eventually if people find out and get after a person, and ruin their real life reputation would they finally realize.. maybe execution of your avatar would be better, at lest in this case of this event, they gave the guy not a beheading, not a removal of hands or legs, thre was no real torture.. they just took his avattr and hurled it off a bridge.. and they probably had encoded it such that the person could never comebacck.. it's hard to say what programmers can and coan not do.. after all if they can change the rules of a game who says that a cheter can't get executed.. and their execution put up on Youtube, or any other webite that sports a video ability..

After all when you read th story that I put up, 325,000 people knew the guy was guilty , they had seen him do it, and on video no less, and they got to see his avatar get killed also on video and in the end, were they satisfied that justice in amgame was served? The vast majority thought so.. So yeah,. maybe having your avatar or avatras (if you are a multi- might be a fitting yet embarrassing way to show people.. that .. If you do the crime, you will pay the fine.. even if it means your avatar dies.. and will never come back..

and wit that, I'll leve it as such

(Cpl) Benjamin Ben COyote , IFN Military
a.k.a' The Blind SNiper' (and ) "His_Dog_Spot"

So many words.

Let me explain... No, there is too much. Let me sum up.

Do something public to let the player base at large know that the person was caught cheating and that a punishment was enacted.

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this though I don't think an execution is really necessary. I've played several games where they published a temp / perm ban list on the web site. Gives a bit of confidence that they are catching and doing something about those that are breaking the rules.

I vote for actual execution of the cheaters. No risk they'll create new accounts.

That would be extreme.

Virtual public executions though is just ridiculous. Why embrace the stone age mentality from countries ruled by guidelines f rom fairytales?

You broke the holy rule, now you die... Ridiculous. Lets just keep normal bans around.

Executing cheaters hmmmm....lets get the party started.....Ma directors please line up .....firing squad

I wonder how many people would create fake accounts to deliberately force a ban just to see an execution? :D

In the video, is that the avatar himself? or the company doing it?

I see the avatar deleting 2 avatars.. apparently this is a normal thing.
Also is this game rce?

throw them before the..... CHIRPIES!

Just publishing a ban list, like other game developers do is more than enough to proofe that company is doing something against cheaters.

If you want to do something ingame, why not just a prision, where you can visit the Ava´s that are actually banned.

For those perma banned its lifetime prison, and you will see them untill their accounts get deleted finally :)

Just publishing a ban list, like other game developers do is more than enough to proofe that company is doing something against cheaters.

If you want to do something ingame, why not just a prision, where you can visit the Ava´s that are actually banned.

For those perma banned its lifetime prison, and you will see them untill their accounts get deleted finally :)

New Ingame Activities!
- Smuggle into prison: Smuggle tobacco, weapons and other items to your friends in ban-prison!
- Craft shank: Make a weapon to defend yourself from unwanted attention!
- Toilet wine making!
- Prison rioting!

:silly2:

Yeah, I think the prison could be cool with a information screen outside each cell where you can read about the "crime". And also regular broadcast on the global advertise screen about the convicted (banned) avatars (players).

New Ingame Activities!
- Smuggle into prison: Smuggle tobacco, weapons and other items to your friends in ban-prison!
- Craft shank: Make a weapon to defend yourself from unwanted attention!
- Toilet wine making!
- Prison rioting!

:silly2:
Hide the soap! :yup:

Could it happen? Well .,. it possibly could!

Okay, to answer your questions here are the following things I found out about this..

In the video, is that the avatar himself? or the company doing it?

To answer that the news article states as this..
The Game developer caught the guy cheating. The security lead (Thiink of him as a GM), took control of said avatar, stripped him down, buck naked, of all gear (Armor, clothing weapons, and then procedded to make him jump off a high bridge..

Now to answer this qustion back to our own game, could the developers do it? Well if you stop and think that they can control creatures, there certainly could be a way for them to take control of your avatar and in the case of a ban, they could in theory take all items away from you , toss it in the TT leave it on your ped card, and then kill your avatar. But then since the account would be locked, you would never get anyt of that money back..(at least this is one theoretical idea that could be played out..

Now as for question 2:

I see the avatar deleting 2 avatars.. apparently this is a normal thing.

Wel that depends if this particular company actually does allow multis unlike us, where it is one avatar, and only 1 should be created.. Now if they are going by the same rules we are , well then deleting the extra account would be within their jurisdiction to do so if they felt that the player was using the 2nd avatar as a menas to exploit.. and if that is the case, well then the Company (or even MA in this case could look through their records, piece together who is who, and in theory again, they could go in and delete all the extras there, and thus only one player would have one avatrar.. but this again goes into a very touchy area.. And the reason is that for some players who have created multis even in this game, you can imagine the outcry from Said players if their so called Multi was deleted, but if MA suggest and has down on their TOU an actual comment that there is supposed to be one and only one avatar, then in theory they could take down a multi pacocount of a player and do this as they are the ones enforcing the rules.. So in this case, if this is normal in this particular game to ahve a multi then yes it is normal, but if the pplayer wwas to have a multi and it is agianst the rules, then in the instance of this, the game company would have the right to actually do this.. withiout question..

Now as for 3.. the most important question that you satate, you'll be surrpised at what could come up with what I am aobut to say as a Player and a gamer.

Also is this game rce?

Now I checked this out and in fact in the case of this game (According to http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm) This particular game is solkd in stores and costs 39.99 for the inital buy in but does it have a RCE? No it doesnt.. But this is where i'm gonig to throw a curveball here, and this is where a theoretical can of worms oppens up.. big time..

Now while EU is in deed RCE, that doesn't say tha tin this case something like we've seen here could not be done..(After all stop and think what I just said i statement 1. If the game developers can control mobs and use them against players, what's not to say that they would step i if they had proof of a player who was cheating nand do such a stunt like this.. (Remember they can do this with mobs, what's not to say they can't do this with our own avatar.. After all EU does have to keep deails on all of us, and in the end, all they would need to do is look up our names on the player registry, and they could easily do what this agency did, they could coe in and take your avatar and take it and send it into a field of atrox.. but this is where the players have the final say.. After all this is their avatar.. But if a player had been warned to stop an act of say cheating, and they did not comply in teory (and again I stress this as such), The developers could actually come in, and block the player from logging in, they could in essence take control of their avatar, and do with it what they see fit. if they saw that the player was cheating and they had warned them , then the kid gloves are off and the developers in logical conclusion could say, Okay you didn't hear us the first time, here's the fine for committing the crime..)

so in essence is the Game RCE? No, but could it happen here in EU? It could and isince we've seen the fact that the devs here can control mobs, what's not for us to say that they couldn't do the same with avatars..

(So yeah evil beware, they control the horrizonal and the vertical.. you don't..)

So now then if anyone wants to dispute this, go ahead, we've seen what MA has shown us in the capability of such.. is an Execution possible in EU? That really depends on the code of ethics here between developers and gamers.. if the players want to cheat they can.. but as A famous Roman Emperor was once told, Be careful of your enemies, and especially your friends. Cause all it would take is one person complaiing.. one person sayig this to a dev, they could show hard copy and hard video and the player WOuldn't really have a say in the matter..

So yes, it ould be intersting to see if something like this could happen, and it akes me wonder, if it did, could the player sue/ Not likely as it was the player who violated the contract here, not the devs, the devs would only enforciing their rules to their best interests.. After all I bet a lot of people remember tha tone instance where a person cheated and almost 60 acccounts were locked in this game, and MA had to go through a lot of the avatars to see who was guilty and whoo was innocent, in the end, justice was served.. But also i this end, by them eliminating the cheater, they in essence kept the game from folding.. or getting such a bad reputaiton that No one would advise anyone to play this game..

In short, it truly would hav been thesky is falling scenario that everyone talks about.. and yes, even the Ahh the egg joke would have taken on a new light.. cause you can't make an ommelette without breaking a few bad eggs, and showing them that the game developers mean business here, you're playing by their rules (The TOU that I read every day to make sure I am not violating those rules..

But then reemmber this as a gamer, the rules can and do change.. and it's because of certain instances.. One cheater whou violates the rules might force other players to pay the pennalty because they got away with the cheat.. In another instance, a player who is innocent could be accused of cheaating and if not investigated, the person could be falsely executed.. This is the fine line most game devs have to take, and it can be a very very tricky business.

Yet in the end, when you finish the story it goes on to say about this..

There are of course moral questions surrounding the use of humiliation and “execution” as a form of public punishment within virtual environments. Despite this – or perhaps because of it – the video of <Avatar exectuted. demise has already been viewed by over 300,000 people, hungry for a peculiar display of gaming justice.

It's that last two words that hit it home.. Gaming Justice. This is about a player being executed or humiliated because he decided to exploit the system. And he paid the ultimate price.. No questions asked.. In short, the devs saw the crime on vide, they took action, and the avatar no longer exists..

(Can we say, 1984? I knew we could..) Cause in 2015, I have this funny feeling that we'll have "Big Brother watching over all of our backs to see if we're following the rules.. that are set down by the game vevs, and if ywe step out of line? Well it's not impossible for the devs to step in.. and pull this same stunt.. After all the proof is right here in our game too, the devs can control mobs, they can interact with players and above all they can monitor what is going on (After all that's why we have chat logs do we not?

Now let's all try and get some sleep.. but i have a funny feeling some of you will laugh, but it might make you a bit more sleepless tonight..

And with that, I feel that if anyone wants to mock or jest, remember this.. "They're watching all of us.. So be on your best behaviour and you'dll be fine, setp out of line/ And you could end up like that guy.. :D

(Cpl ) Benjamin Ben Coyote, IFN Military, Planet Arkadia.
a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper" (And) "His_Dog_Spot"

I always dreamed of a simple system that allowed virtual "trials" to be streamed and then put on youtube...the problem is you would need a judge familiar with the particular game, and the willingness of both partied to submit to the process...it would be more for entertainment value, but there are a lot of people out there I bet that would participate.

Would just need a simple universal site that had a courtroom, and avatars for each person on TS...when they talked, their ava was triggered to stand up with a blank word cloud so veiwers can see who is talking.

Cheating not so much because that's between the player and the company, but scamming, screwing something up, losing something you borrowed, doing a bad job at someones haircut, etc that kind of shit would be pretty funny.

My face and hair got ruined one day on my ava because some non-english speaking butcher confused the fuck out of me, and all I did was keep paying thinking it would work and it never did...lol...that was what triggered the idea.

Of course, in my dream, for all other cases, I am the judge!

It doesn't matter how long your post is. The phenomenon (game owners doing executions) is still nothing short of retarded.

No. It won't happen in eu.

what kind of government system could happen in a game like EU? it mightsurprise all of us.

I always dreamed of a simple system that allowed virtual "trials" to be streamed and then put on youtube...the problem is you would need a judge familiar with the particular game, and the willingness of both partied to submit to the process...it would be more for entertainment value, but there are a lot of people out there I bet that would participate.

Would just need a simple universal site that had a courtroom, and avatars for each person on TS...when they talked, their ava was triggered to stand up with a blank word cloud so veiwers can see who is talking.

Cheating not so much because that's between the player and the company, but scamming, screwing something up, losing something you borrowed, doing a bad job at someones haircut, etc that kind of shit would be pretty funny.

My face and hair got ruined one day on my ava because some non-english speaking butcher confused the fuck out of me, and all I did was keep paying thinking it would work and it never did...lol...that was what triggered the idea.

Of course, in my dream, for all other cases, I am the judge!

Well you are the protector of Tab Tabs over on Toulan, so I'll take your word ont aht at least..

Now as for a court system, (As the game devs already have talked about some form of Govermental system ) the real question is.. who would preside over such cases. Would a person be juried by a group of his or her peers and would such a ruling stick, or could it be overturned..(Of ocurse I'm basing this on the Amerian version of law, as most other countries have their own ideas aobut what is just and fair..

That's the thing here, could this court system be biased ? Possibly.. Could it be fair/ Again same answer.. Possibly, but if abused too much, it could be turned into a dictatorship (And yes, I remember back in my shcooldays when we had a corrupt democracy, and his action was to take control and to show the students what happens when their freedoms and liberties are removed..(It's ironic that I was sort of a spy on the inside passing info to the teacher, along with another person, who kept tabs..) So am I going against the lasw for squealing on my fellow students/ Well remember this is a dictator ship and not a democracy. It's controlled by one person (In this case a teacher) and in the end, the students who showed the corruption got their just punishment (I still laugh at how some of these people reacted when the dictator handed down his judgements.. swift, quick and effective without a jury of their peers, or even a prosecution or a defense.. (And it gave real light to the people in that class room to realize how much their freedom was..

Now as for the prsion Idea, well already we have one prison (In game), Namely No way out prison.. But The Developer of the planet would have to change it where it coudl be used as shucch rather than a mission chanin...

(And I wouldn't doubt other planets could do the same.. (I mean in the military ,you screw up you go to the stockade or Leavenworth Kansas.. (You don't want to go to Leavenworth, trust me, I've actually been inside that place and it makes most real world maximum security prisons look like Country clubs..)

But getting back on topic.. LEt's talk about Crime and punishment wherre.. What would be the punishment for a certain crime/ Would ann account be banned if they did cheat and the people who were the victim were able to prove it/ (Also there could be counter accusations as well, and that in a way would just tear the entire community apart.. or at least in theory it would..after all a famous cartoon character said this.. When you start pointing fingers at each other and you start poking each other's eyes out, you eventually go blind..

(Kind of ironic coming from a guy who is legally blind in real life.. (Or as I say, Welcome to my world.:lolup:.)

But in the end, could such a system in game work? Couould justice be served in a fair and timely matter? And what about the punishments/ And the prison idea while good, could be also abused.. that's the danger there, for people to actually abuse every system in game..

(And it's not like some already have, it's thefact that sertain things could cause this game to change i drastic ways.. (and yes, Let's not drop the soap shall we?)

Buti the end, this is sort of a morals and ethics question here with this video game execution, it's a question that any game player should ask.. if I do smethig wrong, whow badly would i be punished.. but agai we talk about that abuse issue..

(Also it would be intersting to see other ideas, like PVP Flagging, bounty hunting and of ocurse Prisons and executions.. And for those who don't know what each is, I'll go over them i a little more detail after I let a few more of you ask questions, make comments and even joke at this..

But remember they're watching us.. so be on your best behavior...

(Cpl) Benjamin Ben Coote , IFN Military
a.k.a "The Blind Sniper" (And) "His_Dog_Spot"

Problem is what is defined as exploit or cheat changes daily. One day vtols not getting mob damage is feature. The next it is exploit. One day mule shared avatars are exploit and all trades are final. The next day places like medusa head and monria belong to one avatar who claims others have partial ownership... one day trapping is fine. The next it is an exploit... list goes on and on....

Problem is what is defined as exploit or cheat changes daily...
I agree... you never know what's coming. There is this other thread about an account being locked because using in-game tools (loot pill and auto shoot).
I think this is being done on purpose to maintain the idea that many pursue thinking that there's gotta be something to be done in order to take an unfair advantage and make a few bucks.

A funny thing happend on the way to the execution..

I agree... you never know what's coming. There is this other thread about an account being locked because using in-game tools (loot pill and auto shoot).
I think this is being done on purpose to maintain the idea that many pursue thinking that there's gotta be something to be done in order to take an unfair advantage and make a few bucks.

Well I'm not oging to disagree with you here jj, but the issue that was in the orginal story line was that the person had used a "Third Party " program to exploit said systems and to cheat.. and in that game it wasn't aobut whether or not the player could make a few dollars, but rather what kind of grief and mischief he could cause..

But now let's take this to our game an d apply it.. And in fact back in 2009 when this game was re-released as VU 10, one ting taht they wanted us to do is yuse their own auto use tool or their own progrram wihtou the use of third party programs.. Why Because then they could see what we were doing at the sweat circles, they could track evgery click we did when we fired a gun, they could monitor each probe dropped and they could see each and every click we did at the crafting table.. (and they still do)

The reason was so simple and it showed back in 2008 and 2009 when the people started to exploit a known issue with the servers, and a lot of players were trying to get a ton of sweat.. and for what/ Mind Essence? Because these people who helped cause the grief figured out a way to make a few ped just by standing on one side of a server line and then sweating a mob on the other. (And you should have heard enough cuss words to make most sailors with Tourettes blush .)

And it's this one issue that MA never fixed until the VU 10 update that things were indeed fixed, but by then the damage to the game was done.. I mean high supply and low demand equals lower prices players had to play to other players, by the time this happend, sweat prices were so low, that some players were paying other players pec instea of ped, players who were just getting sarted would have to work hard and long, and in fact this was more along the lines of slavery of the new players who couldn't play cause people were giving them so little to begin with, litterrally pecs on the K they made..

It wasnb't until they started to come up with new uses for sweat that the price did go up, but then this is where the people who had been gatehring the sweat decided to use deceit along side their cheeats to keep the sweat prices low..

It's kind of ironice taht I ran into one of these folks about 6 to 123 months ago, and he as still promoting that sweat was just 1 ped a k.. 1 ped.. . Now it was then that half of us knew what he was tryig to do, and we politely informed him that what he was doing was trying to take the product and resell it.. he tehn backpeddled and doubled the price.. and that's when things got hot and heavy.. Cause a certain somoene (Who shall too remain namelsss0 Told and informed the guy and asked him how long he had been out of game, he said 2 to 3 years, and we sall shok our heads. The same person then asked him how many uses sweat had and he said 1. at which point, the other person pointed him to Entropieda and whoed him how many uses the sweat had, an that the prices he was offerig wer too low, then the player who had been informative to this griefer, informed him politely that he wasw treating these players as if they were slaves.. and taht that point a lot of the sweaaters knew who was telling the truth and who was lying.. The player who had told the truth was rewarded with a tone of sweat which he paid at the new standard at that time of 3 ped a K.. The other guy? Started cussing like asailor with Tourettes, then stormed off in a huff, the came back 5 minutes to try the same stunt again..(Oh look how brilliant a village idiot..)

The point is that in this game we've all be cheated by people, we've been lied to, and be given forms of deciet and mis information, we've all been vicims in any way shape and form, and for what? maybe anywhere from a dime to as much a a thousand dollars or more? just because they want to make our lives miserable? This is much akin to that first guy who did get executed, cause he caused grief , mischief and mayhem ot other players.. and i fact I think everyone here can agree taht we do not need that in this game.. period..

IN closing I say that either prison or an execution would be in order.. sure it sounds harsh and extreme sure it sounds almost barbaric, but then who's being the cause of the problem is it us or them? Acutally.. it's both.. Because they like to take advantae of people's lack of information about the game, they would use this as a weapon, to victimize the players and aagin for what? Aabout 10 cents worht of time and effort/
And we too are at fault for being mis informed..

Now I'm going totake a real world application here and apply it to this game..

You and I an deveryone else hates Telemarkets, especially those who make totally unsolicited calls trying to scam you out of your credit card nujmber, you rpersonal information. The same is true into game (Remember when I posted back on page 1 or 2 about the guy who created 14 accounts/ he was trying to get us to be gullible and have us literally hand over our information without firing a shot.. In short, he was a scammer, and a thief, and yet he was stupid enough to get im self caught.. all 14 times..

Maybe it's time for MA to clamp down on cheaters, maybe it's time to have barbaric and extreme measures rather than a slap on the wrist and a verbal warning.. ZMaybe it's time to realize (Even theem, that eveyrone here is in some way shape or form are being taken advantage of.. especially the company..

That comes back full circle to that incident i the original post.. Did they player cheat? Absolutely, was he cuaght? Absolutely again.. Should he be tried for say things like exploiting andd possible theft of a players house? (If you did that in the real world you can imagine having to ansser to the police of some sort of law enforcemtn. In short this guy did all the wrong things, and in the end, it was the game company who kept the guy from ruining their reputaiton as a game company that finally took the measures, necessary to keep him from damaging not only their own reputaiton but the reputation of others. After all it seemed barbaric, but let's be honest, People who murder people in cold blood ofent get tried, convicted and even sit in jail for the rest of their lives.. with a game like this prison for 750 days wowould be a sint. and yes if you were put in prison and your vatar was lost, you'd cry you'd stamp your feet like a little spoiled child and in the end, you'd resign yourself to the fact that you did this and you learned your lesson.. amaybe the next time you'lkl be a little smarter or a little wiser and never do it again..

Or you can be like that one guy.. do it fourteen times and people notice, they report you, and in teh end, if you are caught, MA has the absolute right to banish you to a dark deep hole known as banning.. But as soemone pointed out, this too can be cirumvented.. and the cycle goes on, and no one really wins..

It's a shame to see people get hurt, to get victimized and to get used by tohers, all for a few cents of change.. I've seen people killed for that same small amount.. a nickel a dime and a quarter here and theri. Ive seen them get bullied and harassed, and yet there are ways to stop this from happening and i think that now we know that MA can and has the means to control mobs, doesn't mean they couldn't come in, take your avatar and literally strip you buck naked and have your avatar being video tapped jumping off taht high natural bridge on Roctropia Near Piran peak..After all, this isn't Sparta, this is Entropia Universe wher we should be all civilized but some ar not.. Maybe if they read this aricle and looked at it and thought about it long and hard, maybe they'd have second thoughts of doing what they are doing.. even if it is for a few cents..

And with that, It time for me to hav some dinner.. Tonight on the menu.. Chilli dogs!:lolup:

(Cpl) Benjamin Ben Coyote
a.k.a. "The blind sniper" (and) "His _Dog_Spot".

I think I have a better idea. When a player is caught and it is indisputable then here is my punishment:

Have two random numbers calculated, one between 2 and 7 and one between 40 and 1440. The first number is the amount of play allowed before the cheater would lose his/her connection and second would be how long he/she would have to wait before he/she could logon again (the numbers are in minutes, 1440 is the number of minutes in a day). The cheater would take a long time to figure it out because of the randomness. Can you imagine the frustration he would go through, support cases, ISP calls etc. It would be great, especially when he/she is about to screw some one big time and can't keep the connection.

I know that would take some programming but I think would be great:yay:

Better idea.. let's create Entropia's First Penal Planet!

I think I have a better idea. When a player is caught and it is indisputable then here is my punishment:

Have two random numbers calculated, one between 2 and 7 and one between 40 and 1440. The first number is the amount of play allowed before the cheater would lose his/her connection and second would be how long he/she would have to wait before he/she could logon again (the numbers are in minutes, 1440 is the number of minutes in a day). The cheater would take a long time to figure it out because of the randomness. Can you imagine the frustration he would go through, support cases, ISP calls etc. It would be great, especially when he/she is about to screw some one big time and can't keep the connection.

I know that would take some programming but I think would be great:yay:

Well the idea while good on paper, and probably not ath too hard to program would be one way, another idea that crossed my mind came curtesy of a bit of history adn the fact that this little bit of history is in fact in the real world.. so why not make it part of the virtual world as well.

Now back in the late 18th centruy some 7 years after our own Revolutionary war (In America), britian had a major issue with their most irritating issue which of course was crime.. Now sure the cells in Britian were over flowing with the despots of crime and surely due to the economic situation, they couldn't do much with the new criminals coming in..

So they devised a plan as they had found a rather large continent to drop these people onto.. it was rough and rugged, from Steamy ungles filled with poisonous snakes and fierce man eating Crocodiles. to small poisonous spiders and even a weird looking creature that looked like a cross between a duck and a beaver, to scalding hot deserts which would get up to about 40 degrees C (or 120 degrees F) and that was hot and dry.. except when the seasonal rains came in..

But over th enext 100 years this peanl colony existed and some of the prisoners finally got their freedom in 1886, when the British empire in it's form of Expansionism decided to turn this into a commonwealth which became part of the empire..

Of course, if you haven't been to the land down undr, then you'd never know about Austrailia.. (of course no offense to our friends down udnder, they're a great bunch of people..)

Now then, let's take this a step further.. and in fact this would be the perfect place for the cheaters to go..

Let's see what criteria it has..

Hot Steamy jungles? Chekc..
Hot Dry Deserts (And yes the scenery is very spectacular..)
Wild Fauna? Well we could improve on that, Drop a few more wilder and crazier species on this plae and it could pass for that duck headed veaver..(Known as a Platypus), and make it a harsh living condition outside the entire
habitable areas (heck we could make it look fairly reasonable then it is now.. (Thogh outside the towns/cities it would be nasty as heck..

Of course there would be trading and commerce btetween the locals (Read as 'Criminals) and who knws? Maybe som eof those pesky pirates will show up ) and do some wheelig and dealing of their own..

Oh and did I mention, that other than the cities the entire planet would be PVP? (yes think of this more as Tombstone Arizona, the wild and wooly west but with a more tropical setting.. oh and di I mention you do have a way off the planet.. if you can escape through the heavily laden mined space around the planet and of ocurse the NPC Space patrols who will shoot on sght..

Now then you're probably saying, where in the world is this place? you must be whack to think that theerrre is a planet in EU that meets all these critera and coule be improved upon..

Ah, but there is.. For there is one planet in our universe taht is barren, lonely and has wild game, you as a criminal can mind thereif you want.. YOu can still trade your goods in an auction hourse, you can also craft items you can also sell.. oh and if your friends want to try and bust you out, good luck.. Like i said, space patrols and mines around the planet/

Let's just say.. It's paradise.. for a prisoner..

and that place is..(Drum roll Please)

Next Island!:eyecrazy::laugh::wtg::lolup:

Yes fellow convict cheats and scammers, meet your new home, and like I said,m you'll be able to live out your days for the rest of your lives.. of course you'll love the scenry, you'll love the wild life, you'll love to go explore this place.. and if you really want to escape, you can go back in time.. some 3000 years in the past.. to Greece on Ancient Eart..

Of course since you've been caught cheating, you have to deal wtih all of these things, and more..

Didi I mention that if you tick off enough players you will be hunted down by.. Real life bounty hunters... (Who will start hunting you the moment you hit planet.. (and yes you want to fight to survive? you'll have to use your wits your intelligence (or lack there of) and of ocurse your cunning to survive all thsoe bounty hunters i the PVP's hunting for you..

(Of course if you make it to a settle ment you're going to be okay until you have to go somewhere else.. and the fauna won't be nice either..(Man eating crocodiles Giant rodents that can kill you by hittin gyou wit thier feet and tails.. maybe some interesting wild life that could be created by the regular folk to unlease on the planet..

but hey you'd get some new commnet to try and fence, you'd get some good stuff you could loot, and hey if you can survive long enugh, you'd get your freedom..

(After all the option if you don't is of course face a bunch of bounty hunters if you do escape (For with the criminal records, you'd be hunted down as you'd be flagged a wanted man or woman (Yes PVP Flagging here..)

So yep, if there is a way to do this, then maybe NI could be our penal planetet.. and hey, you get the best room with a vide.. of the wsasteland you live in..

After all we could actually make that enconomy thrive and with the permission of the Prison warden (one David Post) we could make his dreams cometrue as well..

At least that's one way to discourage cheaters and scammers.. Send them to Next Island!

Of ocurse if they survive, then they could in theroy buy property and get their dreams..

After all didn't ath happen to.. Austrailia?

(Again no offense to our friends down under.. Like I said, they are too cool..)

At least it's better than living in an 8 by 8 foot prison cell..

(Cpl) Benjamin Ben Coyote , IFN Military
a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper" (And ) "His_Dog_Spot".

Actually what I would like to see is simple, if you cheat and once MA have gone through the logs and have proof, there should be no bans, instead the avatar should have PVP turned on in every location, and a big X hovers above them, that way if you see one of these scumbags any where any time, you can shoot to kill!

How cathartic would that be, you get scammed, report the bugger and the next time you see them you and your friends are free to kill them over and over and over for there crimes!!!!!

Yes most likely this person would abandon the avatar and start a new one, but this would have the same effect as a ban anyways, only there would be a brief time where when loged in they would be pray for everyone and anyone to release frustration on a known, MA sanctioned cheat!!!!

You don't even need to let that avatar know something is up until they start to die everywhere randomly!

It would be fun I think.

Cheers
Lexxy

Actually what I would like to see is simple, if you cheat and once MA have gone through the logs and have proof, there should be no bans, instead the avatar should have PVP turned on in every location, and a big X hovers above them, that way if you see one of these scumbags any where any time, you can shoot to kill!

How cathartic would that be, you get scammed, report the bugger and the next time you see them you and your friends are free to kill them over and over and over for there crimes!!!!!

Yes most likely this person would abandon the avatar and start a new one, but this would have the same effect as a ban anyways, only there would be a brief time where when loged in they would be pray for everyone and anyone to release frustration on a known, MA sanctioned cheat!!!!

You don't even need to let that avatar know something is up until they start to die everywhere randomly!

It would be fun I think.

Cheers
Lexxy
Yea I like that idea also but you should be able loot everything he has at the time. Weapons, armor, everything that way it would stay in the game and some lucky player would get it all.

you can run and you can only hhide in a few spots but you just can't run..

It would be fun I think.

Cheers
Lexxy

Ah Lexxy, you hit the nail right on the head with what is known as VP FLagging, and in fact Let me explain what it is even though Lexxy spelled it out quite wells (You're gonna get pos rep here from this coyote).

PVP Flagging is in fact a way to help combat people who PVP Too much or in this case who scam and cheat too much as well..

and Lexxy explained it perfectly.. You cscam, you be that big red bulls eye (or an X or a skull and Crossbones), over your head, not in just one location but in all of them, no where would be safe really for the scammer, (But I would like to make abit of a caveat here, as they stil would need a way to hide from all the people they ticked off.

And this comes back to the whole Penal Planet or penalty box situation...

Let's say for example.. someone is a scammer or who cheats a lot, as Lexxy said, if they have the proof then the PVP Symbol comes up and then you're a womante dMan or woman on all the planets that are covered bysome sort of Jurisdiction.. so yeah there would still beplaces to hide, but to the Flagged PVP players I would sugggest to watch your back.. seriously.. or better yet get in a team with another person who is Flagged.. and hope to god you are not jumped by an angry mob..

(no here is the kicker.. and this owuld make it interesting cause there could be one or two places that could then start building a community of sorts but again, this would be based on so called trust... (After all the old saying "No honor among thieves" rings true here..

Bu tI would still say that there would be one or two out of the way bplaces they could hide..

One would be at Howling wolf mine (Kim showed us the Pictures of the place and claimed that is was a place for Pirates (In short a pirate base)..

But currently in space the placement of said location (Howling wolf Mine) is in the wrong spot.. They need to put this at the center or near the center of the board..(Somewhere in the Erberos sector or maybe they could switch Erberos and Howliong wolf mine around.)

Now the other thing about howling wolf would be this.. If you are a scammer or a person who has negative karma , you can come and go as you please around there.. you could mingle with the pirates or the bad guys and do your trading with them.. Of course don't try to scam pirates.. they're a noitorious lot (Though I hear some are honorable.. sort of like Robin Hoods, and thus again you'd have to watch your back around them.. (

and yes Howling wolf would be heavily defended aganst the law.. in short, Howling wolf would be sort of a safe zone to hide out and then you would venture out and dare to try and do it agian.. if you have the cajones to do so..

But then I would advise against trying to hit a planetary station and trade our wares there either.. cause just like Howling wolf, the Stations around each planet would be heavily defended to shoot a negative repped Karma person on sight..

(And yes I'm getting the Karma off the ship and onto the plkayer..)

Oh and Howling wolf would be heavily deffended.. and they would have their own stand alone aucton (not connected t the other ones in game.. So that way you couuld consider this a black market kind of auction..

(So yeah scammers you could try to get rid of the loot if you know who wants it and at what price. and if you don't trade on a planet loaded with angry people..)

This actually has two benefits I feel..

One is.. it gets the negative community to build it's own community much like the Positve communities on each planet wouldw work together..

And the second? It might give the sdammers and cheaters something majro to think about.. After all theywold ahve to nofiy MA of closing the account and starting a new one (and MA would have to strictly enforce the One Avatar RRule tightly, so you couldn't create a new avatar unless you delteted the first.. (This would help cut down on the multis we have in game.. Of course, it would get soe of the scammers and dcheats to rethink their straegies here, and in fact the issue here would be.. What if I was a bit nicer the next time around.. ? If not, then you'll get the same treatment, again, and again and again... ad nauseum)

And Lexxy You got the right idea.. for the cheats it would be a harsh lesson to learn and they would ahve two options..

1 would be to up and quit (Which is something MA would like to see happen)

or

2. they would ahve to get rid of the old avatar and then have the \acoount locked so that they coulkdn't get the money out whatsoever, they even couldn't transdfer it to the new avatar period.. the money would be lost and a harsher lesson would be learned.. and that is, if you arre gonna do the crime, you are gonna be paying the fine (To MA that is..)

So yes, brillaint ideas there..

So you get a + Rep on that one,. and it might be fun to make this into a new profession.. Bounty hunter...

Yea I like that idea also but you should be able loot everything he has at the time. Weapons, armor, everything that way it would stay in the game and some lucky player would get it all.

Now this would be a good idea, but the questio I ask is, would this be just the items on their person, or everything in game.. (including what is in ttorage.. ) if it it the former, than it's a good idea.. (cause they would have to get rid of it soemhow, and if someone catches them, well they're toast..)

Now if it were everyting including storage, it woudl be a bad idea, and the reason is, that sure you'd get the loot back, from all the people they have scammed, but then they'y could call abuse on it, fi you kept killling them over and obvver again, and this would be in a negative light youself..

So in My Opinion. it's what they have them o the time, and it would make it really hard to get rid of the look if the palnet parners gave a bit of distance between a TT Terminal and storage.. (I mean can you imaigne a scammer or cheat running through a hail of cun fire about 100 meters just to dump his load and get the money? After all this would be like the old west.. (which in some ways the game is.., the people who are wanted would have wanted posters up on the boradcasters and you could go after them if you couuld spot them and do this..

This also worrks against the scammers cause it makes them rethink their strategy that there is always an Easy way to get money.. and shows them that nothing in this game is easy.. Especially when it's their avatar on the line.. (Sure the PVP Glag would be still on once you kill them but if they don't have the goods, you couldn't at that point kill them again, uness they did..(That's teh thing that could be programmed in..(If they have loot, the bulls eye pops up, if not, then it doesn't and thus ou can't shoot them.. So it would be hilarious to see a player who is a scammer trying to make a quick run to a TT or a TP and trying to dodge gunfire.. and not get kileld with his ill gotten gain.. Only to jump out of the frying pan into the fire if You ahave friends waiting at all the TP's.. Then the only way out is into space an maybe he could get some help from a passing pirate, who finds out, and then , well you get the idea..

Cause to be honest that old saying rings true..
(and I liked the way my 2nd in command said it.. )

"Karmas's a B***H" and then you get killed by it.."

But hey good ideas, keep them coming and let's see if MA might pick up on this. After all I wouldn't mind being in on the hunt..

(Cpl) Benjamin Ben Coyote
a.k.a "The Blind Sniper" (and) "His_Dog_Spot."

Last edited:
Well, i think the idea is completely dumb. Just warn, lock, perma ban and such.
I am fairly confident this won'thappen cause it would mean that MA stick to one policy.

Back