Hello, and a question

Arnon

Mature
Hello everyone!

I've known about this place for a long time, and after years of participating in a number of MMO's/virtual worlds, finally decided to take a leap through the door and give Entropia a go. I've recently read much and watched a host of helpful videos on youtube, and am quite excited about the whole affair.

My main goal is to have fun, meet new people and explore what is to be found in EU, but I would not be averse to making a bit a profit (having had much experience in both two other virtual worlds where that is possible I am fully aware of the difficulty...but one never knows).

I did have one question. I am hopefully creating my avatar later today, and am considering getting one of the starter packs (most likely silver) for not only the items, but the improved character customization as well. The character options feature aside, is this a wise move? The package seems nice as it contains a weapon, ammo and armour, along with a smattering of PED. Or should I just purchase some PED instead? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance, and I look forward to meeting people inworld!

Arnon

I've heard that the Gold package is considered the most useful.

I bought the gold pack and haven't regretted it.

Welcome to EU!

Quoting myself from an earlier discussion on the starter packs. Don't rush your decision as customization is not worth much imho, once in game can see the benefit of the packs....

"I've much less experience than the posters above, but I would offer a contrarian view. It's based on my own consideration and discussions with my open minded disciples. My view applies if you want to get utility for your PED. If you want to own things nice to have, but non-essential at the start of your journey in EU or you want to play above your lvl then just ignor the following...

So for $40/400 ped you would get

Armor Set with 'speed' boost > as my good soc leader used to say, early on your investment should go to 1.weapon, 2.fap....and only distant 3.armor. First two give skills, armor doesn't, so stay away as much as possible from armor early lvl

Skill Pills > I doubt new player would appreciate their value and would probably waste on low MU hunting skills

H-DNA > seems like most of the value is for pvpers, hardly an area to start

Oil > can get in the market at very low MU

Car > starter car will last for long, long time if used properly, no need for another one

FAP (heal tool) > do gauntlet 1 and get very close S10 for free

Barbarella > very nice rifle, but can get LR s1x1 for +10, and it's NOT soulbound

Scope > I'm still to learn their benefits, esp for new players..

Amp > the only useful equipment, that fits tt laser weapons and UL SI HK110 or Scorpi. The only reason I would recommend a pack! But if you plan to outgrow 4 dmg weapons fast you would need to buy A101 to fit your barbarella, and then you are better of with LR or Chon as they are not soulbound

So what I suggested to my disciples is to depo 400 ped, get LR or chon, get A101 and have +/-250 PED to play with. It's 50 ped more than pack and if you EVER decide to sell LR or A101 you may still get your money back (provided MU holds), unlike starter pack equipment which has ZERO tt value....And you can always get the pack later on when you know the benefit of it (Skill Pills!!)

A lot of ppl who recommend the pack are looking from their advanced skill point view....

Just my 2 cents... "

Go female!

Get the Gold starter pack, hunting low mobs that will last you a few weeks.

These are my results after about 2 weeks grinding from just the gold pack. ( My loot was very bad as well) So it is a good option to buy.

Cycled In TT Return (+/-) TT Return % MU Gained Return MU

1060.84 972.15 -88.69 91.64% 21.29 93.65%

Welcome Arnon to Entropia Universe (EU) and to Planet Calypso Forum!

I have only recently bought myself the Gold Starter Pack and have been using the equipment on low level 'mobs'. It's a good way to go considering you get a vehicle and other bits and pieces to start you off with.

My advice: take your time! There is a huge amount of information to soak in and lots to learn. Plus, the environment is massive and will a long time to explore but don't rush into things - enjoy it at your own pace.

There will also be a lot of people - both ingame and on forums - mentioning certain abbreviations and phrases and terminology that a newcomer to EU may not entirely understand just yet, but don't be afraid to ask :)

Good luck.

So for $40/400 ped you would get

A problem is that the prize for gold pack nowdays is 60 USD (600 ped) without an apparent change in content (still 85 PED ammo and 200 ped stack). The price got silently increased a few weeks ago.

If there was an option with the old price (40 USD), leaving out the skill pills, it would had been great - for a beginner, the other items are fairly good and you don't get the headache with getting the A101 amp.

As for the character definition: It's a great thing. Just keep in mind that you have to purchase the pack Before entering game for the first time, and while you are in the area where you can do it, to take your time to make it as you want it, even if it takes hours. Remember that once you have left the area, any change (for instance if you find yourself have too long legs) will cost you PEDs ingame.

Last edited:
Almost everyone will point out to buy a starter pack but after thinking about I feel you might fare better to buy peds.

Yes you will get useful items from the pack, but you have alternatives in game that can be re sold later if you outgrew them. Starter pack items are bound to your avatar and can't be traded.

The premium chardef features a few more hair cuts and eye types and you can move some proportion sliders a bit future but its nothing breath taking.

The harrier assault is looking good and the runspeed buff is nice to have but the stats itself are unimpressive. Its good for hunting very low level mobs but a pixie or goblin armor would also do , for punys the TT armor and at the end of your discipleship you get a free adjusted pixie armor. The harrier isn't bad per se but chances it will rot in your storage later because you cant sell it are high.

Neuro booster x 15

Means 15 hours of double skill gain, become more useful as more peds you can cycle in a hour. For starters it a convenience feature. Double exp means you gain skills you could chip out and sell but at the low amount of peds a beginner can cycle in a hour its not really worth the investment. Using this wont give you any more loot you just spend money for faster progress.

H-DNA

You can revive without help on the spot you died. The silver pack have one of them and its gone after you use it.
The only good point on this item is that you can trade it.

Peds
value 4 Dollar

IO - Pulse unit
A heal tool with good eco, however just after a few levels in paramedic you can use a herb box or a s.i h.e.a.r.t with better eco. At this point it will rot in your storage because you can't sell it.

Universal ammo
value 4.5 Dollar

Z12 Barbarella
Medicore gun with medicore stats and acceptable eco but you have alternatives , check M Rufen Power's thread how to survive.

Zx Eagle eye
A magnifier you don't need at the range your guns work that only eat your money for nothing significant in return.

for 20 dollar you get 190 peds
The silver pack give you 40 peds and universal ammo worth 45 peds but note that you can not make the ammo into peds unless you use it and the loot back might not be equal to the value you spend to kill the mobs.

Can you get a heal tool, armor and a gun for 105 ped ? Yes you can and you will still have peds left!

Before mindark increased the prices on the packs they were a no brainer but right now I feel the value given is just for lazy people who want to jump right into the action and learn the market later.

... but right now I feel the value given is just for lazy people who want to jump right into the action and learn the market later.
+1. Although it looks tedious to go through weapons stats, FAP stats etc when you don't understand much, it is critical IMO to do so earlier rather than later. EU it's definitely a different game/universe and not made for rushing in... unless you have some money to deposit and you're not afraid of loosing it..
My advice would be to deposit the money and take your time learning the ropes; also, what if hunting is not what you want to do? There are other professions available as well; also, try and find a good Mentor. It will help you a lot to get started on the right track.

Back