Worst crappy ass dpp sib?

There is no personal lootpool.
That mean there si no tracking of your personal individual input.
There is tracking of multitude of imputs (spendings, looses ect) on location, region, area.
System compensate inputs on that given area to randomn ava on that area.
In poor words you can hunt a lot (imput) and you have same chance to get compensation hof as anyone else in that area even if they didnt hunt as much as you.
How big will be that hof that you deserved and another player got could be determined ( a part of generall sum of looses of all hunters in that area as a base ) also of something on that avatar (skills, luck ect ) as multiplier.
Indeed, it's a multiplayer game, not a game where bunch of individuals each tend to their own separate individual business. We're all bound together in numerous ways, influencing each other and the general state of economy.

About personal lootpool. There's those paydays we are getting after a certain interval, but there's no proof that the system has any memory about our balance beyond that. In other words, most likely there's no personal lootpool.

And it won't show the true story. When hunting with low eco stuff the low periods are lower and the high are higher. Cycle 0,5 mill peds with crap eco, switch and do 0,5mill peds with eco gear and we will still argue about the parameters for the test but it's better than switching to much imo. It can take some time before the game compansates for a loss.

Assuming there are actually low periods and high periods, and that the game compensates for a loss.

IT would be absurd.

Only reason to try it would be if the results turn out inconclusive.

Sure it's absurd to implement but that's the way it works in "science" sometimes. I'm sure it's the best way to get repeatable results for the class I scope of looting*. In a few hunts you could really demonstrate the effect of the different parameters you are testing on the regular loots.

However, if you are truly trying to test the overall result ("class III"), which it seems you are, then you need to run much longer tests on each weapon to capture many, many multi events over the full cycle of looting possibilities, and then repeat that test after going through the other weapons you want to test to verify that you got repeatable results.

I don't think a test lasting less than a month, or maybe even months, can hope to capture a complete enough timelapse shot of loot to tell you anything about the overall return with a particular weapon.

So i guess i'm saying that you're running Class I-length tests but with Class II or III methodology.

* Here's the description of the classes of looting events.

Assuming there are actually low periods and high periods, and that the game compensates for a loss.

Yes, if that isn't the case than there has been a shitload of coincidences on my way to (soon) lvl 100. When coincidences happend often enough there is usually something behind it :girl:

I doubt the system records ups and downs and compensate for losses, it's more likely it's a
ongoing process, where we build up values for certain features that triggers payouts.
This is why it's important to understand when it goes down, so you can skill thru' that
part in a less expensive way, and understand when you are close to a better payout
so you can hunt "right" mob for better payouts.
Doing punies at this peak, and the chance for a really good one is gone, in that build up. ;)
Someone who hits the payout with a peak in their build up, and at the same time as the
system have a peak on that spawn are the most lucky one and get a really good boost in loot... ;)
This is also why even noobs can hit a really good loot, they are just lucky to have
all parts at peaks in the payout.

I've always got good loots when I'm really close to a new level in prof stands , and I've
got my best loots when I'm really close a new rank.
I've noticed this when I reached level 60 in my best prof stand, and it has been like
this in almost all new level and rank, with some few exceptions.

It is, afterall, a skillbased game... ;):silly2:

Yes, if that isn't the case than there has been a shitload of coincidences on my way to (soon) lvl 100. When coincidences happend often enough there is usually something behind it :girl:

Those coincidences is what we call statistics.

Has anyone ever attempted a team hunt test? Similar skill on both chars one using Eco L and one using old school weapon. That to me would provide interesting info. Also the same on big shared loot mobs.

Another test I propose would be to perform the standard Eco vs non Eco but ignoring sample size and simply quitting when a multiplyer puts you at break even/ profit or returns dip below 25%

Has anyone ever made these tests as I would love to see the results even if they aren't favourable tests.

I would say no because i am lvl 118.

Ooooh i love loot theories and tests.

Some facts that may and may not help.

- MA can put in large loots at any time they want, this was shown with the tv thingy when someone just happen to get 158k copper when the guy was online for 10 mins.

- Items can affect loot. Look at the level 1 bp LL, (at least i think it is that one) that limited bp sells massively high because it loots are correspondingly high, but the tt used is still low. (I am not saying this if for sure for hunting, just an fyi)

- Loot is not tracked on a personal basis. This was shown before the mining changed, when claims were in teh ground, and after a vu on hell (i think it was), all the claims were clumped together. So people would find one claim, then attach a big amp and find the rest of them.

Just some food for thought. Its been an interesting thread.

In my personal opinion, the interesting part would be the average loot returned (ignoring outliers) per setup.
Get enough data points for all sorts of setups, and that will give a clear enough answer.

Rgds

Ace

Has anyone ever attempted a team hunt test? Similar skill on both chars one using Eco L and one using old school weapon. That to me would provide interesting info. Also the same on big shared loot mobs.
For all we know the globals might work as a compensation mechanism (highly randomized but still). We don't know for certain if it works this way or not but we definitely can't exclude this possibility.
Now, imagine if the uneco guy has accumulated, say, 10 "multiplier points" for his next global and the eco guy at the same time got just 1. As the global is shared we'd probably get an average multiplier of 5 for em both.
Or maybe the algorithm for the team loot is a bit more complicated... and we won't see anything (we can possibly use for our statistics) at all.
As far as we can tell "shared loot" is just an ordinary team and the only difference is that it's created automatically.

- Loot is not tracked on a personal basis. This was shown before the mining changed, when claims were in teh ground, and after a vu on hell (i think it was), all the claims were clumped together. So people would find one claim, then attach a big amp and find the rest of them.
Well yeah, that's one of those examples where it really gets interesting. I mean, it's our chance to pry into the mechanics of the loot algorithm.
There was another very useful accident with that guy who got a HoF (on CND, if i remember it right?) and the next moment the server crashed. When server came back up he had to kill the mob again (apparently the last seconds before crash were lost) and he got exactly the same HoF again from this mob.
This happened many years ago but they say the basics of the loot mechanism haven't changed, so it should be relevant.

Those 2 examples seem to confirm that the system calculates the multiplier for the next looting event before it happens. Now, logic dictates it could happen in 2 ways:
  1. It happens always, with every mob killed, claim found and click made at the crafting machine,
  2. It only happens after certain intervals, at so called "paydays".
If the 2-nd is true then we have the multiplier before certain looting events, but it's up to us what will we apply it to. A Bercycled Puny or Mulciber, unamped planetside or with a lvl 13 amp on FOMA.
Also, the existence of a multiplier after certain intervals doesn't mean you'd always get a fair payback. As everything in EU the generation of a multiplier is also randomized (within certain bounds) and to get closer to the predefined average value u need a huge sample size.

Using an exaple from RL, some of us are underpaid, some overpaid and very few get what they really deserve. This shows once again how realistic a model of the reality EU is! :laugh:

Just to throw this in here...

If the system compensates you with a global when it feels it has butt-!!!!! you long enough, should we then assume that if it feels you aren't spending enough ped per mob, it compensates you with evaded shots?

That being said, is Eco another myth?

Just to throw this in here...

If the system compensates you with a global when it feels it has butt-!!!!! you long enough, should we then assume that if it feels you aren't spending enough ped per mob, it compensates you with evaded shots?

That being said, is Eco another myth?

No, evaded shot is fixed for all weapons.

Back