Error Updating Entropedia

chelms166

Guardian
Don Chelms Helms
Tried to edit some info for the LSB 10(L).

Got this msg:

"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Range=7 WHERE ID=2117' at line 1"

I was trying to add Range of 7 meters and decay at 0.542 pec. Pretty sure those numbers are accurate. I know the range is at least.

Could someone explain the error msg or just edit the weapon themself? Thanks.

Apparently the Word "Range" is nowdays a "reserved" Word for the database server, which means it can't be used directly (without quoting) as a "column name".

Reference: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/reserved-words.html

The easiest solution is to call it something else that isn't a reserved Word (like RangeMax).

Examples of reserved Words:
LOCK AND LOAD
OPTIONALLY KILL USING ACCESSIBLE FORCE
CHARACTER ON TABLE LIKE FOREIGN BLOB BY ENCLOSED LOOP
WHERE IS REAL KEY

Last edited:
Chelmsie....hate to necro, but did you figure out how to add range? I am trying to add a bunch of guns and I get that same error for range.

I can't figure it out yet...also wtf is the LSB 10 I cant find anything with those initials.

Chelmsie....hate to necro, but did you figure out how to add range? I am trying to add a bunch of guns and I get that same error for range.

I can't figure it out yet...also wtf is the LSB 10 I cant find anything with those initials.

Doubt there is a workaround. The table needs to be updated.

Chelmsie....hate to necro, but did you figure out how to add range?

Technically, you probably need to add an escape character (ie \range) or quote the name (´"range"´), change the column name to somethign else (like ´maxrange´ instead of ´range´). Or downgrade or or replace the mysql server. Most likely though you need a programmer with access to web server to do it (or at least someone who can add/change column namnes in database and adjust the wiki configuration appropriately.

All the new ISIS weapons have weird naming conventions. It is probably a short blade.

Reactions: aia
Back