Help: Streaming Entropia Universe consistently crashes OBS on new machine

TheOneOmega

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Marie TheOne Omega
Cross-posted from OBS forum ( https://obsproject.com/forum/thread...onsistently-crashes-obs-on-new-machine.28322/ )

I just bought an HP ZBook 17 G2 laptop (Window 7 Professional x64 (downgrade rights)), and attempted to preview a stream of Entropia Universe on OBS. Immediately upon starting the game and preview (or starting the game and adding/activating the game as a source), OBS crashes, and offers the following crash log...

http://hastebin.com/bixiwazoxo.tex

See the attachment in OBS thread linked at the top of this thread for crash dump file. Streaming Entropia worked without error on my old laptop, a Lenovo p585, and streaming another game (see OBS thread for name of game due to PCF policy) works fine so far on this new one. I have tried re-installing the latest graphic drivers for my gaming Display adapter (the NVIDIA Quadro K2200M one), with no change in behavior resulting. I am unable to spot the file named "c:\windows\system32\nvwgf2um.dll," though I do have one named "c:\windows\system32\nvwgf2umx.dll," and there are some files named "nvwgf2um.dll" and "nvwgf2umx.dll" in sub-directories of "c:\windows\system32." Searching the forums only revealed the following thread...

https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/game-capture-0-622b-crashes-game.13828/

There is no solution offered in the thread, and it seems to describe a slightly different flavor of crash (mine are consistent and predictable). Although switching from Game Capture to Window Capture is probably not a satisfactory solution (I paid too much for the machine to resort to performance-hindering workarounds from the get go), I gave it a try, and though OBS does not crash while in Window Capture, the Entropia source just shows up as a black screen in the OBS window. Returning the laptop for a new one is painful, but an option. If it comes to that, if the problem has no solution, my question is what scope of hardware does the problem apply to, so that I can avoid buying another product with the same issue? Many other laptops with similar specs have similar processors and/or graphics cards (i.e., different editions of the NVIDIA Quadro), so I would need to know how different another machine must be to avoid the issue.

Thanks in advance for any help! If CFD were around, I would offer a bounty on this question. =P

Last edited:
What Graphics card option did you choose with the laptop.

If its Nvidea Drivers - as this model can come wiith nvidea or atI then you can use nvedea gforce explirience and shadow play.

Run the game in 32bit mode.

Launcher > Tools > System > Uncheck "Use 64-bit client".

Also try using the 32/64 bit version of OBS, whichever you are not using now.

What Graphics card option did you choose with the laptop.

If its Nvidea Drivers - as this model can come wiith nvidea or atI then you can use nvedea gforce explirience and shadow play.

I didn't consciously make a choice, but the gaming graphics card included is a NVIDIA Quadro K2200M. There is also an Intel graphics card, which as I understand is not for performance tasks, but for power efficiency tasks. I will have to look into the concepts you mentioned.

Run the game in 32bit mode.

Launcher > Tools > System > Uncheck "Use 64-bit client".

Also try using the 32/64 bit version of OBS, whichever you are not using now.

Tried all four combinations, and all of them crash. :(

Quadro for gaming, since when ?

Iunno, hehe, too good, or not good enough? The goal was having the capacity to play and stream two games at once at 1080p and 30+ FPS at max game settings. It was above my original price range, but I talked myself up and up gradually (yes, I know I can get a desktop for cheaper ;)).

Back