Failed

Coachman

Alpha
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
Michael Coachman Lampa
Since i changed to Telia as internet provider (ADSL) I am experiencing packet loss several times each minute resulting in groups of "Failed".
Before that i had the provider bredbandsbolaget and Failed happened some times too, but never give me any real problems.

Hunting mobs of any bigger size is not possible for me anymore.

Anyone else having this problems with Telia bredband 30?

I currently running WinMTR (www.winmtr.net) against login .entropiauniverse.com which is the only adress i know I can test against. I have a 2-4% loss all the way through their equipment.

I have it with BT Broadband in the UK.

When you switched did they reset the learning period for the dsl?

I tried using the same software here against www.google.com and got packet loss in some cases it was over 20%. I'm not at home so I can't try it on my fibre except through a vpn..

Since i changed to Telia as internet provider (ADSL) I am experiencing packet loss several times each minute resulting in groups of "Failed".
Before that i had the provider bredbandsbolaget and Failed happened some times too, but never give me any real problems.

Hunting mobs of any bigger size is not possible for me anymore.

Anyone else having this problems with Telia bredband 30?

I currently running WinMTR (www.winmtr.net) against login .entropiauniverse.com which is the only adress i know I can test against. I have a 2-4% loss all the way through their equipment.

Did you have ADSL via bredbandbolaget also? If not then it could be the phone lines in the house, had issues with that myself when some "home decorator" thought it was smart to "skarva" the phone wire in the apartment :)

Welcome to the experience of North American players since years ago. The telia links have always been the weak ones.

Are there any kinds of setting or programs that can help prevent packet loss, or is this more of an issue of the physical routing of the connection between player and server?

I did have ADSL with Bredbandsbolaget as well.

I will open a support case with Telia too see what they say.

Welcome to the experience of North American players since years ago.

This.

My typical mob encounter on Comcast cable internet service (the best of the worst I have in my area).

Failed
Failed
Failed
Target evaded attack.
Failed
Target evaded attack.
Waiting for previous action to finish.
Waiting for previous action to finish.
This item is currently busy and can not be accessed
This item is currently busy and can not be accessed
Failed
Failed
Target evaded attack.
Target evaded attack.
Failed
Failed
( I then get hit with about 20 hits in rapid succession that are finally registering with the system from the last 5 mins or so and die)
(I revive and get a loot window from a mobs I killed 5 minutes ago.)
Etc.

Forget PVP, not even worth it :laugh:

Back