Maturity and global ?

tribalwind

Mature
0)Overall it seems globals have been seriously "capped" ... because i see no more big globals on low-mid level monsters.

but, is it capped by species ? or is it still somewhat based on hp ? Some species just doesn't seem able to global big, even if higher maturity can reach better amount of HP /attack .
So question is, is it still possible to hit say 5k on atrox ? or 10k on leviathan ? (high maturity or no.)
Or, do you have to play on high level monster to reach this ?

I keep an eye on the game, even if i don't play much, but i havn't seen any big global on some monsters for very long time.... so is it smarter to move to higher level species, killing youngs, rather than killing Alpha+ of mid level species??
---

2)Same goes for mining, is it capped by amp(mostly)/and finder level ? i know it was uncommon to hit something big with low level stuff, but that could happen, is it still the case ? or is it hard capped too?
(so no hope of big global with low level stuff?)

---

3) Crafting ... Here too, does anyone seen big globals on low level BP ? or on any low cost BP?
(Simple I conductor for ex could do ~6k now it seems max is around 2.5k, but i may be wrong)

---

Big globals doesn't happen so often anyway, i know it, but it's a bit disappointing (imo) if you can't expect
(hope =) to find more than X PED on any given amp/monster or bp .

So is it because people spend less (eco,low TT stuff,less players on each "item"?) that global are lower ? or is it really capped ? And how to adapt ? move to more expensive BP/minining equipment/monsters?

Or ,does this time has gone, and no more x1000 + global? (except for highest level ?)

Last edited:
What do you mean by big globals, do you mean like 5 digit hofs on Argonauts? If so, they did cap that a few years ago, yes.

Ahhh i do miss those young argo hofs with mod weapons :(

argohof.JPG

What do you mean by big globals, do you mean like 5 digit hofs on Argonauts? If so, they did cap that a few years ago, yes.

They hardly do 3 digit globals anymore and shitty fake globals are becoming few and far in between.

I wonder, what would happen if the 20k Atrox, 8k Argonaut, 5K Combibo HOF's returned?

Would we be happier overall? (obv those who got that size loot would be)

There were plenty of threads in the past that said "Prefer 10 x 2k Atrox loots to 1 x 20k Atrox" so thats where we are at. It's the old Be careful what you wish for - you might just get it.

I suspect if MA thought we would prefer the bigger wait for the naturally bigger HOF they would return. Or maybe they think the playerbase are never happy - we moan whatever change they do, so they gave us pets instead. ;)

A few hundred ped is high enough.

I'd argue that 10k or 20k is too high for most mobs of any type or maturity and has led to the detriment of EU as they increased and became a normal sight.

I use a very rough rule of thumb, simply multiply the level of the mob by a 1000. The mobs maximum hof value is *very roughly* around that number, give or take a fx(1000).

Oh and I think we're not seeing them come in very often (if at all) is purely a numbers game. You need to have lots of people feeding those loot pools to see the mobs pop like this.

Oh and I think we're not seeing them come in very often (if at all) is purely a numbers game. You need to have lots of people feeding those loot pools to see the mobs pop like this.

There's no shortage of people hunting argos.

There's no shortage of people hunting argos.

i think the obvious loot cap is only one part of the equation..

the other thing are all the L items and the eco mentality nowadays..
there were times you couldn't go maxed unless you used tt weapons (or lvl 100 ofc).
i saw ppl hunting argo youngs at the twin spawn with unmaxed high amped (not possible anymore) maddox iv in ghost or angel...no one would do this today but back then it was normal..
and if several people pay lots more in hunting there is more higher loot to give out..

so not only is the max multiplier lower today but there is also not so much "wasted" ped in the "lootpool"

Last edited:
But back then 20k was a rarity, even 10k wasn't that often. The massive hike began shortly after the introduction of (L). And yes hunting Argo with an Opalo A104 combo was quite normal or even Axe 2x0's.

The wasted ped is part of the problem. A lot of it is now tied up in items instead of flowing through the loot pool as ammo and decay. If they'd kept the L stuff at a much lower tt value and left the loot pool as it wouldn't be discussed so often on the forums.

With the UL stuff we had one repair bill that wasn't that high and the rest got cycled a lot, globals were smaller but as the turn over wasn't as high it had a greater impact on a players ped card.

A 75ped global was :yay: not :( as it seems to be now.

Last edited:
yea now there 's not a lot of market activity on common goods, nearly back to ~ 2007, early 2008 levels (if numbers displayed are right) .... that, and CLd, and partners...and vets, and freebies, etc,

but overall it's disappointing, every "win" have been capped , while cost remain the same for years (50% return thing is still a reality)

I don't know where game is going, but playing at 50% return without any hope of big hit is just wrong.
perhaps enhancers, other planets stuff ,etc, can reduce cost greatly, but it s just a big mess, for casual player it's hopeless.

People in chat say they profit,that they are smart, that we are the fools paying their fun
(you know how they talk) ---but when anyone ask for information, how they are so smart... hahahahahaha... silence......

except that finally information is they bought TT+xxx(x) stuff ...Before bragging how they are smart... on low level gameplay (mean two years to cover invest,if inflation is null, and that talk of profit)

And if playing on daily basis... it just come to a crazy point, even rare stuff worth nothing, top 10% seems to struggle too, from what i seen .. erm .

Perhaps best case is people pay for their stupid "risk" (foolish taken risk often, if you are lucid)..a lv 4 weapon doesn't worth 200$ ... i am sorry... and lv 30 is not 500$.
Anyway =) , it going to happen.

speculation, but there is no final buyer... my opinion is = take ur haircut, that s legit

Last edited:
A few hundred ped is high enough.

I'd argue that 10k or 20k is too high for most mobs of any type or maturity and has led to the detriment of EU as they increased and became a normal sight.

But that was one of the reasons why many people play, they capped it and people lost a reason to grind low level mobs. You actually had a thought about making lost peds back with a big hof, that hope now is gone.

The big carrot on a stick has been replaced with a very thin rotting carrot.

But that was one of the reasons why many people play, they capped it and people lost a reason to grind low level mobs. You actually had a thought about making lost peds back with a big hof, that hope now is gone.

The big carrot on a stick has been replaced with a very thin rotting carrot.

Because MA want people on the higher risk mobs that require bigger deposits in order to buy better gear to hunt them. If you're playing for hofs then you're running right into MA's open arms.

Some thing is crazy about global and hofs now Days. few Days ago i did a hof on a LT old alpha at 4.2k peds and few Days later i killed 109 Osse in row without a global and gave up the hunt.

Most of the lower level mobs have been capped because of players saying they wanted MA to share the loot pool instead of giving it to one person and it also seems this has happened to big level mobs also . I think alot of it has to do with the eco gear people use nowadays bringing back a more steady return depending on what level mob you hunt that is , to me if you go after a high level , high health mob you better have a fat ped card because it is basically like amping to a level 7 mining and the bigger the mob the bigger the risk like a eomon stalker for instance is like a level 13 you might global alot and you might hit a big one but in the end it does not mean you made a profit. I still think everyone has a personal loot pool how else would you get that magical 90% return and with a lot of luck if you hit that unlimited item. esi or the very rare huge multiplier.

Back