Question: What is the goal of a crafter ?

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I watch the explosives global and global and then HOF and HOF, seems like all day long. I looked at one player and he has 144K in HOFs and 67K this month and 79K in February. I would think he could have made a withdrawal, or not. But I am just not sure if that is the goal. I am a hunter and ofc my goal is to reach 100 in hit and damage so I can hunt large mobs and maybe get one of the nice HOFs or even an ATH. I hunt different mobs all the time but I just can't see crafting in as far as playing the game. I mean one can just craft and never look at the screen. Don't get me wrong I am not busting balls here at all, it is an honest question. And truthfully hunting is a little slow right now and sometimes I wonder if I should do some crafting when hunting is slow. I not a very high maybe average overall level 10 or 11.

My thought is the only goal is the money but if one hits it big do you cash out and quit ? I love the game being a hunter but if I did hit it big I would still like to play, just at a higher level of mobs.

Not sure if this makes mush sense but as I said just an honest question.

Goal....

Now.... That’s an idea... have a goal.....

I am not sure, I think addiction plays a bit of a part. I also love the community, enjoy the thrill of the craft.

Levels have never bothered me in crafting - had 55/60 Attach etc but biggest ATH of 177k was at level 13 or 15.

I guess, I would like to get to a place where i get consistent returns, I mean i craft condition so i accept the risks but in the past few years its very hard to survive without depsoiting.... while a few years back i could survive.

Love the rare BP drops and there is nothing that comes close to seeing a bunch of 1 million stack's of res or 100 Garnets lol ....

Flame me if you will ;-)

Last edited:

I am not sure, I think addiction plays a bit of a part. I also love the community, enjoy the thrill of the craft.

Levels have never bothered me in crafting - had 55/60 Attach etc but biggest ATH of 177k was at level 13 or 15.

I guess, I would like to get to a place where i get consistent returns, I mean i craft condition so i accept the risks but in the past few years its very hard to survive without depsoiting.... while a few years back i could survive.

Love the rare BP drops and there is nothing that comes close to seeing a bunch of 1 million stack's of res or 100 Garnets lol ....

Flame me if you will ;-)

Very nice! I like the addiction part, I represent that remark:). Do you watch the screen while crafting or do other things while crafting ? WOW 177K, I am not sure but I think that could last a hunter years, maybe not :). I also agree that seeing loads of loot in the window can make one almost wet his pants.
Thanks for the reply thats a good one.

I used to craft as a means to stretch my ped and skill up. I could go out, hunt either Ambus or Atrox and leave that hunt being able to craft several hundred clicks of any Simple I component. Since the great loot nerf, that has pretty much stopped. Now, you need to blow through 200 ped of Ammo just to stack 20 ped of eye oil.

With the introduction of the EP4 bp, my component crafting returns have tanked. The only time I get a decent return where I can profit (or salvage a bad run) w/MU is in that extremely rare 5 minutes per week where one of a very small handful of people aren't crafting EP4.

Crafting and Mining are probably going to be out of my game soon. They're just a flat out ripoff now.

My disciple just told me he wanted to craft weapons to sell to hunters.... I really didn't know what say

My disciple just told me he wanted to craft weapons to sell to hunters.... I really didn't know what say

I used to think it would be nice to craft my own weapons, as I've done in many other MMOs.

Unfortunately, spending 160% markup on parts with a 20% success rate using limited BPs that cost as much as the materials, only to end up with limited weapons with economy of 2.7, made that an unrealistic goal.

I craft gear to sell to other players for profit.
Goals are:

supply my business
fund my skilling
build a successful profitable business
build up the planetary economy

Seems to be working out ok.

Crafting is about supply and demand of items. Some craft for the big HOF.
Having the max skills is a bonus with most crafted items so it takes less clicks to craft items.
It's a shame their isn't more high end BP's in game.

Mine is pretty simple, to maximize the return on my investments.
I craft as much as auction can hold, based on market conditions and demand for max markups.

Alternatively I focus on QR raises and skill/bp unlocks(gains are laughable as it is as a crafter), and materials other items may need/residues to use.

I am a quantity crafter, so Globals Hofs and bps are where most of my profit lies.

I spent a pretty penny over the past couple of years(well over 100k ped....though much of that was recycled crafting profits) on my blueprint collection. Now there is very little left to buy...which means I tend to spend profits on cycling ped for crafting and hunting, with occasional withdraws that go into real estate.

Gear and BP wise I am finally to the point where I do not need anything else, and its pretty damn nice for a change, for once I am not compelled to buy some BP or item on auction...a major source of cycle-able ped removal over the years. )

My ingame, and RL net worth has been significantly and positively impacted by Entropia crafting over the years, and that will continue to be my ultimate goal.

Various reasons. Collecting new bps is fun. Looting them is funner. Making items for you and others to use is fun. It can be tedious and boring at times, but so can be everything else.... best way to deal with low mark up stacks with tt value to low to auction and to hard to p2p sell? Don't tt em. Take up crafting!

Last edited:
Crafting and Mining are probably going to be out of my game soon. They're just a flat out ripoff now.

Seems to be very little synergy between the two nowadays. Back in the day almost all the ores/enmats had a decent markup and you'd see crafting globals on 100 different items every day rather than just Explosive BPs...

What happened!?

I'd imagine it varies. Some might try to profit, some might try to get HoFs and globals, and some might purely find it fun.

Craft to get rid rid of loots that have artifically no MU, and then dump the products into TT (as nobody wants it), at 80% of the value of the resources you crafted away, just in hope you could have hit something big on, befor you do it that way :D

or just to unlock industrialist if not done already
or reach level 100 in any crafting proffession (what wouldm´t change anything, but its cool :cool:
max all BPs to QR 100

Do we really need a reason to craft ?

Flame me if you will ;-)

I remember when you were a Villain , whenever you hit a big one , the chat would go crazy. Was very exciting : )

Ohhh and I remember taking guesses on what to click next.

Goal of a crafter is put money in the machine crank and hope to get money out of the machine. At one point it probably was to craft and sell for profits but since I started playing it is craft, dump crafted stuff, craft again. keep the cycling going until you get a big payout and hopefully profit.

If this sounds familiar (slot machines) well your probably pretty close there.

They added auto tool so you can pull that lever while your out working to make RL cash to depo to keep pulling that lever in that search for that big payout....

Someday you may actually be ahead and if your not totally addicted to the cycling you may actually make profits. But they are playing on your psyche and addiction to conforming to a pattern to keep you cycling and depositing to keep going. If you hit it once you probably can hit it again but bigger next time.

It is a perfect system, for MA :D and I guess it is not considered gambling. But with intro of those Explosive Projectile Blueprints I am not so sure anymore.

What would you think of adding a new crafting subfield for crafting selfsoulbound items? It would give players realistic crafting goals and a reason to skill crafting. Hunt and mine to craft the things you use to hunt and mine. (Was that the idea way back at the start?) Maybe even a way to improve (and soulbind) weaps and armor pieces from drops. Leave out a few things that people actually buy from crafters, but I think it might revitalize mu and the economy as a whole.

Or it could be the worse thing since nanocubes?

Last edited:
What is the goal of a crafter ?

to gamble! :yay:
to waste money! :yay:
to go broke! :yay:
to not gain HP! :yay:
to be bored! :yay:
to not need a soc! :yay:
uuhhh :dunno:

to play Entropia while watching Netflix without interruptions! :yay:
to play Entropia while they're at work! :yay:
to play Entropia while they're asleep! :yay:
to go broke... wait, I said that one :scratch2:

I returned to the game after a long break (some months almost a year) and I did some runs on Explosive Projectiles like a decent crafter lol.
Most of the time I'm an all around player not a crafter but I like crafting a lot.
My goals from crafting?

Skilling up,
be able to make my own stuff for my needs
and sell for small profit those items I can craft also.
In general I prefer to keep a balance income/spending in crafting as any other activity.

Globals and HoF's are out of my picture but when are coming are very very welcome :)

My goals from crafting?

Skilling up,
be able to make my own stuff for my needs
and sell for small profit those items I can craft also.
In general I prefer to keep a balance income/spending in crafting as any other activity.

Globals and HoF's are out of my picture but when are coming are very very welcome :)

I thought the same way about crafting when I started with it.
It has changed, but why ?

There is nothing left I need from crafting I need from crafting!
Explo ? - well don´t use rocket launchers, so I don´t need that.
Weapons ? - have some uL SIB guns (maxed) for low level hunting and use L guns traded for daily mission tokens for high level hunting, loot a shitload of L weapons from hunting that have way better stats than the L ones I can craft
Armors ? - own different sets of uL armors that have better stats than anything I could craft, beside that looted L armors have better stats than crafted ones
FAPs ? - not anymore, bought a Imp FAP, no longer need the Vivos I used in the past.

Whats left?
Mining amps - actually the only thing I could use from crafting, but market is flood with that, so it is cheaper to buy some than crafting that myself. Crafters hitting big HoFs tent to sell below crafting costs.

Why do I still craft?
Already said: using of materials that are not worth to sell (to low MU), to get some skills and hope of big global or nice BP drop on the way.

Is it possible to craft for profit?
Yes, think it is, but only at relatively low turnovers. Impossible to sell some k mining amps, finders, faps or whatever on a daily base, with profit :D

Is it possible to craft for profit?
Yes, think it is, but only at relatively low turnovers. Impossible to sell some k mining amps, finders, faps or whatever on a daily base, with profit :D

I think this is a really interesting point. Many people say there is no profit in crafting, and that's absolutely not true. I consistently profit in crafting but its very difficult to scale up. I sell between 200 - 300 items per month at a net profit of around 3k peds. Hofs can bring that up to the occasional 6-10k month. If I start doing bulk crafting then chances are I will end up TTing or selling below cost to craft, and probably ending up worse off.

I can understand that if you are chasing those ATHs and uber hofs then it makes sense to grind though I think that most people who do that will lose badly. If your aim is to profit from crafting then you probably need to scale back your efforts to match the marketplace.

Back