Info: Ideas to Enhance space :)

Ireland (or in game usually on calypso or foma )
Society
Mental Institution
The mental Bull
Ok i only making this post because i thought up some ways to improve space and make it ... less empty :p
These are just personal ideas id love to see brought in.

Idea 1- Auction Items - why arn't all items bought at auction from other planets to be delivered through space? what I mean is if im on calypso and buy something from arkadia it should have to make its way through space. The way i think this should be done is as follows: An item is bought and transportation ordered. A box becomes available for pick up at the space station where the item is sold. Someone accepts the item and they have to deliver it to the planet the item was purchased from. Upon arrival and safe delivery they should get the transport bonus.
-But what about pirates ?? Well i think that the contents of the box should be sealed but that the box should be Loot-able. If somebody loots the box they can then deliver it to claim the fee.
- i also think that from pickup there should be a 6 hour limit(or at least some limit) on the box and if the box has not reached the destination it automatically becomes delivered (so that the item reaches the person who paid for it).
- To re-cap here's an example: Im on calypso. I buy a gun from arkadia and win my auction bid. A Box for collection becomes available at arkadia space station. Someone picks it up -- i then get a notification that my item is on the way and will be with me in 6 hours--- the person makes their way through space but gets killed and looted. Now the pirate who looted them has the box. They make their way with the box to calypso space station and drop off the box. They receive the transport fee as a reward. --I myself get notified that my item has arrived.
- Also ... it could be added in that a fast delivery gets a bonus maybe so if it arrives in the first 10 minutes the reward is bigger .. this could allow warp ships to provide faster deliveries.
** note my idea is on the basis the current transport system is taken down and replaced by this one**

Idea 2: I notice space is very empty ... why not make estates and shops at every space station? I notice a lot of room for at least one shop and a few storage areas that could be estates at every space station. Would add a fun extra element to space other than just the transportation of goods.

Idea 3: As far as I know the only space vehicles in the game are privateers, Motherships, Quad wing interceptors /Equus and Sleipnirs ..i think theres room for a few more basic space vehicles L of course .. maybe a personal one seater space craft similar in style to the Lancer(L) helicopter or allow the UFO(L) to go to space or possibly add a 3 seater vehicle ( i dont think any planet to space vehicles should hold more than 4 people in space)

Idea 4: ok just throwing this last one in cause it sounds fun .... slow astronaut suits(powered by oil) and space mining on the asteroids and space rocks and where u can float through space and leave your space vehicle. The astronaut suit would need to be powered by oil and you should be able to use a weapon and float about at ease.

Please do post your thoughts on these ideas maybe mind ark will decide they like some of them (i hope :D) ... all ideas by The Mental Bull :)

Until Mindark realise that 95% of the playerbase are only in space to travel to another planet and are completely unarmed, and with zero risk to the guy who does have a gun and (I'll be fair here) the skills to use it effectively.

Space will be as empty of life as it is above the Earth.

Mindark - give the space stations guns to at least fire at "the bad guys" and the lower the reputation, the fewer the space stations they are able to dock at. When it is at -10 there is only one pirate asteroid they can go to.

Eve has this. Entropia doesn't.

I've seen ideas posted in months past that if players act like a bad guy in space, when they land on a planet they can be PK'd anywhere. I think this is a superb idea.

I'm sure they'd love it. :handgun:

Reactions: San
.. and with zero risk to the guy who does have a gun and (I'll be fair here) the skills to use it effectively.
This part is the most infuriating about it all. It isn't a game until this changes. Maybe the Hub could be a role model.

This post needs to be moved to the wishful thinking section of the forum :wise:

Make Space non-pvp for unarmed ships and I will be there all the time and spend money on other than Calypso.

I sold my Space Thruster because of griefers thinking its fun to cost me TT even when they know I have nothing to loot (like after they already killed me once).

Kinda sad, really the 'Entropia Partners" are losing a lot of money because most don't want to pay or wait for a Mothership to travel safely. Partner would see a big boost in income (as well as MA) if normal players we allowed to get to a planet assailed.

Back