First phase of the CLD estate system

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=3]First phase of the CLD estate system[/h]

MindArk is excited to announce that the first phase of the CLD estate system outlined in previous development roadmaps and State of the Universe addresses will be implemented in the upcoming Version Update, currently planned for June 2015.

Work is progressing on distributing CLD estate plots throughout Calypso, including re-landscaping of areas near popular cities and outposts. The first batch of CLD estate plots will be made available in a Version Update after the summer, and will be located in a newly-designed colonist settlement. Participants interested in claiming CLD estate plots will take part in a reverse-bid auction using their existing Calypso Land Deeds. Full details on the auction process will be given as the release of the CLD estate plots draws nearer.

Building a structure on a claimed CLD estate will require various resources. A new resource gathering system will be introduced in the upcoming Version Update that enable participants to harvest natural resources which can be manufactured into building components utilized in the forthcoming housing system that will be implemented after the summer.

The attached concept images provide a quick peek at the work going on behind the scenes where MindArk’s design and development teams are working diligently to ensure that these new systems will enhance the enjoyability and depth of Entropia Universe by adding exciting new gameplay opportunities, while also rewarding CLD holders for their valued support and patience.

Originally Posted Here

I havent played long and not sure i understand this ... you will be able buy those new estates using just CLD`s ????

Wait, is it the year 2020 already?

Has Soon[SUP]TM[/SUP] come at last?

:laugh:

By the way. Am I crazy or are they also showcasing farming in those pictures? After all they did say "A new resource gathering system"...

Last edited:
I could be wrong but it sounds like they're buying back the clds with these estates.

"Building a structure on a claimed CLD estate will require various resources. A new resource gathering system will be introduced in the upcoming Version Update that enable participants to harvest natural resources which can be manufactured into building components..."

I don't have a single CLD but I'm hoping the amount of crap I've been keeping in storage over the years might actually be useful for something.

I could be wrong but it sounds like they're buying back the clds with these estates.

exactly what i was asking in 1st reply ... Calypso planet want CLD`s back! :)

Am I correct in assuming that once you've claimed your plot, you lose CLD revenue? This part isn't clear to me.

Maybe. But it also might be that 1 CLD can only be used once to claim land. So say you have 30 deeds. You "win" a plot with a bid of 17 deeds. Now you have 13 CLD 1.0 and 17 CLD 2.0, the latter being deeds with which you may not place further bids.

Then again, they might just also say "thanks!" and run off with your CLD. :confused:

Let the CLD apocalypse commence :yup:

But it also might be that 1 CLD can only be used once to claim land. So say you have 30 deeds. You "win" a plot with a bid of 17 deeds.....

sound not like that as
Participants interested in claiming CLD estate plots will take part in a reverse-bid auction using their existing Calypso Land Deeds.

why auction then ??? :)

sound not like that as

why auction then ??? :)

Because they will limit the available plots.

They have to limit how much land you can claim somehow. This is would be one way. But it's just guesswork.

A new resource gathering system will be introduced in the upcoming Version Update that enable participants to harvest natural resources which can be manufactured into building components utilized in the forthcoming housing system that will be implemented after the summer.

Why can't you call spade a spade? :laugh:

there was something about 3x3 CLD needed for one spot when they announced the CLD.

Why now an auction and not claiming only?

harvester.gif

Old concept image of a harvester tool. Uploaded by McCormick.

Can someone explain how a reverse-bit auction works for this?

OMG should I sell or should I buy :eyecrazy: anyonse selling valium ?

Oh?! You wanted to buy a bunch of cheap CLD?!

Too bad. Auction becoming empty at the speed of thunder.

lol

They felt the pressure from the players so that they had to present something that they do not forget the new house system, but it means nothing else than that they once again say that it will "be" created.:popcorn:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_auction

I think this is what is intended.

I like the look of the properties, they look sufficiently futuristic, and it seems we will be seeing them in game sooner than we expected. :)

Thanks for that Mega, I hit wiki but landed on reverse auction, I didn't think in a million years that would be how it would work! haha.

With regard to the concepts... 80% of that maybe? :)

I should have listened....:girl:

Anyways, interesting. Are we going out to chop wood?

Wewt :)

Something to feed the masses, and no more CLD's on auction haha

Edit: Björn answered...

Last edited:
We just need more details as to how this is all going to work.

We just need more details as to how this is all going to work.

I'm sure we will get them once they've finalised the details themselves. This is just a preview, and as they are concept designs, even the look of the properies may change.

In the mean time I wouldn't be at all surprised to see CLDs get close to 2000 Ped, as those with less than 9 scramble to purchase the minimum required.

I have 1 CLD - no chance of putting a tent on it then? ;)

Edit: Björn answered...

Last edited:
Back