First phase of the CLD estate system

New resource gathering system hmmm

So how about let the resrouces be the current ores we have, example you u are free to put how much resources u want into (those buidling) it with the ability to get 1% or what ever % of this resource as reward (auto drilling/mining) this certain resource for u.
If u put say 100k belkar and get 1% out of it a week instead of peds would be some attractive ?
Or put expensive ores such as rugaritz and get the same :D Now this will be interesting!

It doesn't really make sense to use current resources only because in building you have things like bricks, wood etc. Using these natural resources makes more sense and it may also have some kind of new skills associated to it e.g. wood chopping

My understanding is that the resource gathering system will not be connected to the CLD lands, because the resource gathering system will be launched before you can claim any land, so it near impossible that the resources would come from the CLD land when they have not launched the CLD claiming and building system yet.

Some resources will probably come from the new estates, question is what are
those for?

It doesn't really make sense to use current resources only because in building you have things like bricks, wood etc. Using these natural resources makes more sense and it may also have some kind of new skills associated to it e.g. wood chopping

Umm EU has soooooo damn many types of boards to use we don't need no wood chopping skill, we have mobs that crap wood out for us, why do we need to stand and hack away at a tree as well to get more wood, why not just use what we already have piling up.

I have like 10-15 types of wood on every planet, do we really need more wood added to the loot pool? If the wood chopped is same type as from mobs maybe ok but really more resources makes horrible sense. As I stated before it all becomes TT food within a year. All new resources have and always will go that route and it just leads to more of the other resources finding it's way to the TT as well.

As far as bricks shit we mine so many types of mats combine types to make bricks or add a BP that burns mats that exist to make bricks we don't need to harvest a mat called bricks without burning up what we already have and can't really use.

Adding new resources and mats to make new stuff makes absolutely stupid sense in all shapes and forms. The only thing it does is as I said before make you toss more stuff into the TT which is what MA I swear wants all items in the game to go, resources, material or just items.

Maybe you should start reading the thread before you say something? :silly2:
And also. you get a piece of empty land, not "massive housing".

Yes, of course. If you have 9 Cld's, and do nothing, you can keep your income.

If you have 9 clds and claim a plot, you can keep your income.

That is all Bjorn said. Wow, your quote of his was the most obvious fact...no one is arguing that, and it certainly doesn't prove anything.

IF you have 9 clds, claim a plot, AND want to build a house, farm, whatever, you will probably be converting them.

That is what I am saying.

Log in every 12 or 24 hours to harvest, and you might make close to the old cld payout...who knows, but the days of the passive cld accruing from non-playing leeches is over :D

They told you about the housing system back before they released CLD's, so don't be suprised if:

You can claim it and the cld's still pay out, as Bjorn says, for the time being....until maybe the day MA says they ALL must be converted to farm income. After all, you bought a land deed...they can force you to use it FOR LAND. You NEVER were guaranteed payout in perpetuity.

You were promised LAND. And those sitting on tons of CLD will be either sitting on tons of land no one but you will go to on a server no but you cares about that you must maintain and harvest, or will be selling a ton of land (7k+ parcels out there?). If they don't force conversion, sure you still have the payout. But you won't have nothing else until you do work and actually play the game and collect the resources etc. (and probably have to pay on average way more than the 3-4 ped per deed you get each week just to collect the resources).

All I am saying is don't be surprised. You are not going to get some magical benefit in addition to the cld payout. You will have to work for it, and it will be NOTHING like the dreams I see of some many of you in this thread and others. I think we can all agree that MA needs to make money, needs to find new ways to increase profits, and will be doing so for as long as they exist.

Maybe I am wrong, and most of you know I will admit it if I am...but I really think too many are wearing rose-colored glasses, and seeing what they want to see...

Last edited:
The greed is strong in this one........

The scary thing is, will this 3x3 land area. 9x1650Ped (14850Ped) Ped plot still be worth it. Looking at the pictures the standard 3x3 plot isn't huge for 15k. Especially considering you can buy a whole huge LA for 100k.
My EU addictive side is pushing me to want to buy CLDs but common sense is telling me there will be a price fall.

The scary thing is, will this 3x3 land area. 9x1650Ped (14850Ped) Ped plot still be worth it. Looking at the pictures the standard 3x3 plot isn't huge for 15k. Especially considering you can buy a whole huge LA for 100k.
My EU addictive side is pushing me to want to buy CLDs but common sense is telling me there will be a price fall.

If there are enough plots for everyone, they will be worth next to nothing.

Will be interesting to see how it pans out. I'm not worried I don't have Cld since I am quite certain I'll be able to buy a plot of land for a fraction of what a cld costs.

IF you have 9 clds, claim a plot, AND want to build a house, farm, whatever, you will probably be converting them.

That is what I am saying.

It's pretty clear that you will not have to convert them, I don't understand how you can think that after reading the statement from MA?

I also don't understand where this "resources from the land plots" comes from? MA have never hinted anything like that, at least nothing I have read. Maybe that will be the case that you will be able to build something like "farming", but they have never ever talked about that in connection with CLD what I know about?

So what I can see from the information available: You get the land for free, you need to pay for resources to build your house, the house don't necessary give you any benefits, just like the current apartments. It could be more functionality to it, but nothing I have heard about yet.

It's pretty clear that you will not have to convert them, I don't understand how you can think that after reading the statement from MA?

I also don't understand where this "resources from the land plots" comes from? MA have never hinted anything like that, at least nothing I have read. Maybe that will be the case that you will be able to build something like "farming", but they have never ever talked about that in connection with CLD what I know about?

So what I can see from the information available: You get the land for free, you need to pay for resources to build your house, the house don't necessary give you any benefits, just like the current apartments. It could be more functionality to it, but nothing I have heard about yet.

The hint comes from the picture of the estates, it's a plantation on every estate there...:silly2:
http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2015/05/22/Citizen_System_Housing_Types_x1480_q80.jpg

gonna be an interesting twist now.

i'm going to guess that we be able plant crops and trees and stuff like that for the compet system.

famville meets pokemon :D

should be nice to see how they would implement that into mobile system they are making.

When you need CLD's for bidding - I still have 'some'.

If there are enough plots for everyone, they will be worth next to nothing.

Will be interesting to see how it pans out. I'm not worried I don't have Cld since I am quite certain I'll be able to buy a plot of land for a fraction of what a cld costs.

You could be right. The CLDs are not consumed but can they still be sold once you have your land? Or are they bound to the land? So you have sell the 9 CLDs linked to your plot to sell the plot?
The most expensive apartments on Calypso were the Medusa ones at 5000Ped resale now about 3000Ped.
The only way these houses will be worth 15k is if the farming system is a good Ped earner. But with crafting barely having 27% success I doubt farming will be great.

You could be right. The CLDs are not consumed but can they still be sold once you have your land? Or are they bound to the land? So you have sell the 9 CLDs linked to your plot to sell the plot?
The most expensive apartments on Calypso were the Medusa ones at 5000Ped resale now about 3000Ped.
The only way these houses will be worth 15k is if the farming system is a good Ped earner. But with crafting barely having 27% success I doubt farming will be great.

They are not bound to land.

If they were, there would be no need for the system to separate used up deeds from unused deeds that was mentioned.

The cost of the lands is more like 3000-4000 ped for the smallest ones, not 15K.

Here's original CLD post:

http://www.planetcalypso.com/news/pages/2011/11/08/2907/index.xml

the important points:

1) each CLD was issued with 'rights of citizenship'(see paragraph 3 in black)

2) Rights of Citizenship has 4 severable and independently valuated components to be each considered in valuations for buying a deed: (see para 3)(listed in order of valuation as I see it now)
A) Cut of planet partner revenue
B) rights to 10mx10m plot per deed
C) voting rights
D) capability to build a structure on an estate with a minimum deed requirement = 9

3) CLD from inception were tied to a 10x10m plot, so 9 deeds control 900 sq meters, the min space required to build a structure(see para 6)

4) the original intent was to provide 'land management' opportunities similar to current land area holders and with that idea in mind could very well provide owners the right to manage a mob for hunters, etc or even tax their land as revenue for mining or whatever(see para 4). This is just as plausible an assertion and frankly way more so than all the poopoo ideas I hear.

you have to remember MA is not intent on destroying value anywhere in its universe because they are still in player accrual mode. Think about this. How is EVERY F$&!ing app designed on ur phone for gameplay. Kids farm crap all day long in virtually all major games. So this new farming system released as an iPhone and smartphone app could introduce 10s of millions of potential new customers. All more revenue for CLD holders. I think this could end up being way bigger than everyone thinks and just like early Facebook owners...management doesn't try to destroy value in order to cut them out. I hope I'm not overstating MAs respect for those who have invested and instilled confidence in the product MA has designed and I direct this at whomever important might be listening. How professionally this is handled and how value is created in this process will determine MA future success beyond even what people understand. Creating value consistently is THE most important thing MA can do. Remember it's a flipping game...go have fun, shoot some shit. Team with someone! Strengthen your society.

BRICK

From jaydub's link above:

Land Lot Deed holders will have the opportunity to take part in a Calypso Citizenship land grab. Certain areas will be opened on Calypso where deed holders can stake out their land plots. This system development is scheduled to begin in 2012.

Land Lot Deed holders will be able to build house(s) on the plot(s) they have staked out. (Minimum of 9 plots in a 3x3 format suitable for a structure). This system development is scheduled to begin in 2013.

If we ignore the optimistic date schedule, that still looks like what is planned.

What we already know:

CLD will still get revenue when used for claiming land - Björn statement
To build a house you need a 3x3 plot (9 CLDs) - from original anouncement
We need to bid with CLDs to get a plot - actual thread
We need resources to build a house on a won plot - actual thread
Resources to build house come form new source (maybe new proffession) - actual thread
Resources to build house are used for crafting house parts - actual thread
House parts are used to finally build that house.

So far this sounds all good to me!

Now some questions:

1. Will build houses work same way as existing houses
2. Will plots be auctioned as 3x3 plots or will there be larger areas aswell
3. Will it be possible to link several won 3x3 plots to one large plot to build bigger buildings
4. Will claimed landplots receive a seperated land estate deed
5. Will build buildings receive a seperated building estate deed
6. Will seperated estate deed be sellable to other players independent of CLD ownership
7: Will seperated landplot deeds be sellable independant of building ownership
8: Will sperated building deeds be sellable independant of landplot ownership
9. Can build houses be upgraded, once it is build. Example: build basic one floor house, later add a second floor
10. How many 3x3 landplots will initially be offered for CLD bid auction
11. How many 3x3 landplots will totally be offered for CLD auction
12. If all intially offered plots are sold, and someone still got enough unused CLDs to gather a plot 3x3 plot (9 CLDs), will there be more plots auction for the unused CLDs later (that one is very important question!)
13. Will CLDs used for claiming a landplot be sellable independent of landownership

There is a lot to think about!
Originally it was anounced that we get a 3x3 landplot for 9 CLD to build a house, asumed a simple claim!
Actually I bought a lot more, because I still speculate to get several houses for my CLDs.

My fear, if all 3x3 plots are in one location, it is relative worthless to claim land there.

My hope that there is several areas with landplots, near several citys/outposts, we have a lot citys and outposts at Caly!

In last case there surely will be more popular positions of plots, people will bid more than 9 CLD for the 3x3 plot.

Just a thought. As I see it, the only reason why MA deliberately omitted an opportunity to use the housing system to buy CLDs back for nothing is they expect greater gain from all the activities related to the system. It won't happen if they allow people (read: resellers) to just claim plots and do nothing with most of them.

Yeah, this is ringing true to MA nature. In the long term they'd be better off getting some of their profit share back but at least short term they can create ped sinks for building on the plots.

It may be (again depending on how many plots are available, and truest to MA nature there will be more than enough for all deeds to be used to acquire them), that this means that the value will almost all be in the development investment, not in the land itself. I'm okay with that.

I have had the 12 minute shudder for about 12years LOL

According to the entropia 'buzz' it looks promising, and with bjorn's answear may sound neat.
However, reverse bid auction system may be explained further.
After all, we are talkng about Entropia,, if one search for entropia review, he will end with a review that start with ' 'Entropia Money scam' then end without concise answer about it.

So according to the spirit of nowadays bidding auction sites, if one bid 9 CLD but lost the auction, are the 9 CLD disabled ?

I must admit i appreciate Bjorn's answers or any MA official, be it that i didn't invested enough in garcen or that MA will provide a mature product.

It's no different to how things have been unveiled in previous years. Banks, Malls, Equus for example.

When Space was unveiled, hangar prices jumped in a similar way as I expect CLD to. We've known for years that CLD would one day be linked to properties, we just didnt know when. Now we know it'll be this Summer, or if there are problems the Autumn (I expect?)

I doubt you'll get any more information from a support case than what is printed above. :dunno:

And if I remember about each of those - I was astounded by the UNFUNCTIONALITY and uselessness of them - especially the banks OMFG imagine your disappointment to find out you got a simplified PAWN shop for like 400 000 USD LOL

I sold my 10 CLDs at 1400 and I'm now very happy about that.

Surely it will all come down to the usefullness of these estates.

If for example they do not provide 'any' advantages over current homes. I.E storage only, then why would anyone pay 9 clds for one? Why 1 cld? When you can get an apartment for 300ped :confused:

If on the other hand, these are shops, or provide buffs or something....i think MA need to tell us before people buy them.

We do not need to know the upgrades in advance....let people find thtat out for themselves. But we really need to know if these are just apartments or have something beneficial.

Rgds

Ace

Surely it will all come down to the usefullness of these estates.

If for example they do not provide 'any' advantages over current homes. I.E storage only, then why would anyone pay 9 clds for one? Why 1 cld? When you can get an apartment for 300ped :confused:

If on the other hand, these are shops, or provide buffs or something....i think MA need to tell us before people buy them.

We do not need to know the upgrades in advance....let people find thtat out for themselves. But we really need to know if these are just apartments or have something beneficial.

Rgds

Ace

I dont think you are 'paying' its more like you are bidding with what you already payed for. Even if its just normal houses, people wont loose anything from getting a property ontop of their cld payouts.
However if mindark does it right and makes these houses usefull to motivate players spending more money on construction materials for the houses then this can lead to alot of materials in the hunting/mining/crafting professions with some decent markup.

I can't stop laughing when land plots just pop up to auction house without buyout and no-one has any idea what the land is used for. :cool:

I can't stop laughing when land plots just pop up to auction house without buyout and no-one has any idea what the land is used for. :cool:

Until MA provide some more info we can speculate.

Example lol - We will get political system and cld owners are citizens on Caly.
Where political system exist mean it will exist some kind of voting and we will have gowern.
Gowern to gowernate need money.
So all land owners will get taxed.
All owners of any kind of wheicles will have to pay driving licence.
Also gowern will get income from hunting, mining and crafting licences.
So having house owners will be wery usefull as they pay taxes...

However if mindark does it right and makes these houses usefull to motivate players spending more money on construction materials for the houses then this can lead to alot of materials in the hunting/mining/crafting professions with some decent markup.

Maybe they see this as a (temporary) solution to the explosive projectile blueprint fiasco.

I dont think you are 'paying' its more like you are bidding with what you already payed for. Even if its just normal houses, people wont loose anything from getting a property ontop of their cld payouts.

Again, i highly doubt MA will introduce Limited upgrades. Therefore these will be one off upgrades and as a result markups will be affected 'momentarily', eg a few days.

People seem to think this is going to greatly affect markups....but i do not see how.

One option would be the estate creates a consumable. Which requires a constant supply of somehting from the universe, (eg ores or enmatter or fruit or dung or sweat). I will not hold my breath though.

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: PLEASE PLEASE MA DO NOT INTRODUCE MORE CONSUMABLES, we already have enough lower bps that could be utilitlsed.

And a thought last night and today...the new auction..will it be using CLDs OR PEDs to bid on the 'new' areas? Yes MA said long ago it was going to be a first come first serve battle to get the land area for each CLD and if you got 3x3 in a group then you could build a house..but now that I think of it and how that system was going to be kind of hard to setup..has MA changed gears and made it a PED battle?

Edit (coffee)

Or will it be setup like the event/auction system? Where there will be a list of estates up for grabs showing the the locations and the CLD value (3x3, 9x9.. plot sizes) and the first ones to look at where the areas are and then dropping the needed CLDs into the system to win it first?

Last edited:
Easy there is still plenty of time.....after 4 years MA dropped just few concept drawings !

Maybe they see this as a (temporary) solution to the explosive projectile blueprint fiasco.

If so ... the again short term solution ... and not sure it gonna work ... those land deeds and plot claiming is of-course something interesting and so ... but I think EP Bp`s problem should be in 1st place for them to solve ... like an easy/fast solution could be making a NANO-Terminal where you can turn anything(except items from TT) into Nanocubes ... like terminal use his "nano bots" who use materials/resources/molecules/atoms from your provided items to produce NanoCubes lol ... i think all would be happy - compromise solution lol :D

Back