First phase of the CLD estate system

Thanks for that Mega, I hit wiki but landed on reverse auction, I didn't think in a million years that would be how it would work! haha.

With regard to the concepts... 80% of that maybe? :)

It was rather confusing. Reverse auction and Dutch auction are very different. I couldn't quite fathom out how they would do it in a reverse auction, where they buyer opens the bid and sellers bid each other down... since there is only one seller! :scratch2:

Looking at those pictures, will they also work as plantation?

I'm curious to see what these properties will have. Will they be purely cosmetic, or will they have some sort of function?

Yeah, imagine it will dig oil and gold for u... :rolleyes:

CLD holders will of course retain their deeds and continue receiving CLD weekly revenue after claiming an estate.

A claim bidding system is being developed that will allow CLDs to be used to bid on CLD estate plots, while ensuring that each individual CLD may only be used once to successfully claim an estate plot.

If I may make a suggestion:
Just issue tokens to CLD holders, one for each CLD.
Then use tokens for bidding.
Simple and effective.

Another interesting question is - will houses and "new resource gathering system" stay specific to Calypso, or will they be available on other planets, too?

This is a Calypso Land Deed perk, why it should be available on other Planets?
Unless they release their own versions of CLDs...

I might agree on CLDs not being there forever, but as indicated by MA on this thread:

1) CLDs used for gaining estate plots will still receive revenue;
2) CLDs won't be destroyed, they are working on a solution to mark specific CLDs that they have already been used for claiming estate plots.

Housing System and Voting Rights (that seem to be scrapped) were since beginning intended as perks of CLDs, not something that would be traded for CLD.
People who bought CLDs took enormous risk to support MA with money when they were needed. If MA now tried to 'screw over' playerbase by exchanging CLDs for some in-game houses, they would lose all remaining trust and game would collapse. Not to mention few group law suits.
Ma understand this and they mention that gratitude to investors in OP:
[...] while also rewarding CLD holders for their valued support and patience.

It was obvious. Who in their mind would exchange stocks for vanity items, which the houses essentially are? Oh, some surely would but, as I said in other thread, this playerbase is mostly sane. I wouldn't trade a single CLD for the whole Eudoria with my name all over it :)

Not would I or most of players. MA understand this as well.

Yeah, imagine it will dig oil and gold for u... :rolleyes:
Well I was thinking more additional storage, temporary health benefits or the ability to host parties. Still, if you want to be ridiculous about it....

Entropia expands game by 25%

I expect the mechanic to work like this.

Farming will become a PED turning resource like mining/hunting/crafting. It will operate at a loss and will global and hof.

CLD cost farms will be unlimited(U) with degradation and repair based on time and use.

Non- CLD farms will be limited(L) and burn out releasing the space they are placed on.

An entire new skill tree will be released with it.
Farming plants and construction material plants will be skill based.

New BP's for limited(L) harvesting and processing tools will be made available.

Current Land Owners will be given the chance to place a limited number of Farms both (L) and (U) on their property.

This new feature will bring into the game a GIGANTIC crowd of new active PED turning players. Massive numbers of farm-ville style players will jump at the opportunity to play this game.

Unexpended CLD's will eventually rise to well over 3000+ Ped.

Cooking will be also introduced into the game.

Foods will offer the following

Moderately expensive to use:
Move speed buff
Temp HP buff

Expensive to use:
Crit Hit bonus
Temp skill gain bonus
Health regen bonus

Very expensive to use:
Attack speed increase
Mining amp increase (stackable with amps)
Healing bonus.

This will catapult Entropia to the next level with Calypso leading he way. Soon the other planet partners will be given this ability as well.

If I may make a suggestion:
Just issue tokens to CLD holders, one for each CLD.
Then use tokens for bidding.
Simple and effective.

Yeah, what he said (and i said before).

Housing System and Voting Rights (that seem to be scrapped) were since beginning intended as perks of CLDs, not something that would be traded for CLD.
People who bought CLDs took enormous risk to support MA with money when they were needed. If MA now tried to 'screw over' playerbase by exchanging CLDs for some in-game houses, they would lose all remaining trust and game would collapse. Not to mention few group law suits.
Ma understand this and they mention that gratitude to investors in OP:
Not would I or most of players. MA understand this as well.

The hyperbolic comments about trust and law suits and so forth are silly. For one thing, they have apparently still not progressed at all in the voting system. My main interest besides the profit share was the voting right.

Furthermore, their orginal description made it sound like holders of 9 CLDs would be guaranteed a plot if they wanted, but in the actual implementation it seems that may not be the case. A comment by MA about the total plots that will be made available would allay that concern, however.

In short, they already have departed from their original description, and this isn't the first nor do i imagine it will be the last time they do that.

I'd be fine with them making these estates consume one or more CLDs. After all, (1) we've already gotten a lot of revenue from them; (2) it's optional; (3) apartments and houses cost PEDs while these estates are essentially free on top of existing value of CLD; and (4) it's better for MA's long-term stability and would reduce their need to make more short-sighted money grab decisions in the future (which always negatively impact gameplay and players).

If these estates are just going to be vanity items with limited item points so as not to completely obsolete apartments etc, then i have no problem with them being "free" perks with CLDs. If they are going to have some use, such as a perk, then they really should have some cost associated with them.

If these estates are just going to be vanity items with limited item points so as not to completely obsolete apartments etc, then i have no problem with them being "free" perks with CLDs. If they are going to have some use, such as a perk, then they really should have some cost associated with them.

They won't be free in either case, it will cost and cost dearly for sure. CLDs give you access to a plot, but to build something there you will have to gather materials, similar to Viceroy armor quest, I presume:

Building a structure on a claimed CLD estate will require various resources.

In the end, the estate's cost may develop into enough digits for it not to be any rival to the existing estates, but rather be a luxury property of the next level.

Looking at those pictures, will they also work as plantation?

I read thru' the news a little too fast first. :D
I guess some of these new resources will come from these plantations that
are on the estates... and maybe new features requiring these resources,
that aren't mentioned in the news.

[...] it also might be that 1 CLD can only be used once to claim land. So say you have 30 deeds. You "win" a plot with a bid of 17 deeds. Now you have 13 CLD 1.0 and 17 CLD 2.0, the latter being deeds with which you may not place further bids. [...]

A claim bidding system is being developed that will allow CLDs to be used to bid on CLD estate plots, while ensuring that each individual CLD may only be used once to successfully claim an estate plot.

Well well well :smoke:

According to the entropia 'buzz' it looks promising, and with bjorn's answear may sound neat.
However, reverse bid auction system may be explained further.
After all, we are talkng about Entropia,, if one search for entropia review, he will end with a review that start with ' 'Entropia Money scam' then end without concise answer about it.

So according to the spirit of nowadays bidding auction sites, if one bid 9 CLD but lost the auction, are the 9 CLD disabled ?

I must admit i appreciate Bjorn's answers or any MA official, be it that i didn't invested enough in garcen or that MA will provide a mature product.

I don't understand how some people thought the CLDs would be "consumed" when claiming the land. It was clear when the CLDs was released they would give: revenue, land and voting power.

It's looks nice, but it's hard to draw any conclusion without knowing the exact details, like what this "resource gathering system" is. A new kind of profession? I like that the concepts buildings actually looks like something that makes seance on a space-colony, will add a nice flavor to the planet and outposts.

The reverse auction I guess is a system where they start at a price that are step by step decreases until a buyer accept the price and buy it, sounds good to me. Probably with a minim price of 9 CLD claims.

Maybe that you could win a land plot for 1 CLD (if noone else wants one) but to build a house on it you need atleast the 9 of them.

Tho I wouldnt like if one stinking rich person with thousands of CLD's can buy more then 1 land plot, which will happend if you dont loose anything on bidding on it..

I think you can just forget to get some land with just 9 CLD. Unless there is land for all players with CLD's

Maybe that you could win a land plot for 1 CLD (if noone else wants one) but to build a house on it you need atleast the 9 of them.

Tho I wouldnt like if one stinking rich person with thousands of CLD's can buy more then 1 land plot, which will happend if you dont loose anything on bidding on it..

I think you can just forget to get some land with just 9 CLD. Unless there is land for all players with CLD's

no problem to make an abondonem island for all cld holders, for the plots.

my question would be , what will CLD's be worth once they have been used to get land ?

my question would be , what will CLD's be worth once they have been used to get land ?

Depends if they are linked together or not I suppose. If you can only sell linked ones in one go (and you get the property with it) then they are worth at least what they are worth now.

There are still a lot of unknowns, too many to fully appreciate. My thinking (Which could be completely wrong) is that the grids will be set out eg 3x3 4x4 4x3 5x5 4x5 etc and you bid according to how many CLD you have and what size property you'd like.

One thing that has been clarified by Bjorn, is you retain ownership and you will continue to receive a weekly dividend payment. There is a question for those that own less than 9 CLD, what do they do? Sell? Keep?

I'm sure more will be revealed in the weeks to come. :)

*yawn*

Not impressed.
Not interested in paying $$$$$ for a virtual doll house :laugh:
Not interested in playing Farmville in PE
And even if I was interested, I'm not paying to make someone else a manipulated profit now to buy a CLD because I wasn't here when they were being given away in loot and sold at the 1k introductory prices. Fuck that. Keep yo shit.
Voting? lol..

next!

*yawn*

Not impressed.
Not interested in paying $$$$$ for a virtual doll house :laugh:
Not interested in playing Farmville in PE
And even if I was interested, I'm not paying to make someone else a manipulated profit now to buy a CLD because I wasn't here when they were being given away in loot and sold at the 1k introductory prices. Fuck that. Keep yo shit.
Voting? lol..

next!

not-happy.jpg

Fair enough comments, I know plenty of people who do like virtual dollhouses (EA games made millions on The Sims and the dozens of expansion packs + sequels) and there are still millions that play Farmville.

Feel free to sit this one out, but depending on how this is implemented its the biggest news since Taming returned. :)

I guess the bidding will go along these lines.

To get an area you'll need to bid / link a certain number of deeds the winner being the person willing to link the maximum number of deeds to attain the plot.

Highly sought after plots near TP's will need the most number of CLD's i.e. the winner may need to bid / link 100-200 to get it. The furthest spots will need the least CLD's. The limiting factor in this is of course players will only be able to bid once per deed so it might allow people to sneak in and grab some nice ones while certain players try to grab the best spots.

Ultimately it depends on what use we'll get out of them, if they're just apartments then they're not really much different to what we've already got in game and a quite of few of those were bought in the days when an apartment was the only option for additional storage.

Yet another resource gathering system doesn't sound great as we've already got shit loads of resources not being used thanks to the EP BP and if it turns up in normal loot then it will just end up being more crap hanging around.

Last edited:

My guess here is once you link the CLD to a land area the CLD then will be worth the value of the CLD and the location of the land area.

My guess here is once you link the CLD to a land area the CLD then will be worth the value of the CLD and the location of the land area.

And don't forgot you have to also include the cost of the resources to build it.

Those CLD's will be permanently linked to the apartment, bid too high and you're stuck with an unsellable over valued apartment because you're deeds are locked to it.

Remember that most Calypso apartments only cost at most the equivalent of 1 or 2 CLDs.

Last edited:
not-happy.jpg

Fair enough comments, I know plenty of people who do like virtual dollhouses (EA games made millions on The Sims and the dozens of expansion packs + sequels) and there are still millions that play Farmville.

Feel free to sit this one out, but depending on how this is implemented its the biggest news since Taming returned. :)

I didn't play those games either :laugh:

Good for them for being able to take all of those peoples money who did. Wish I had thought of it. I guess we'll see, don't forget this is an MA effort we're talking about here. Biggest news since taming returned? That's not saying much :laugh:

Love the grumpy cat meme tho :)

And don't forgot you have to also include the cost of the resources to build it.

Those CLD's will be permanently linked to the apartment, bid too high and you're stuck with an unsellable over valued apartment because you're deeds are locked to it.

Remember that most Calypso apartments only cost at most the equivalent of 1 or 2 CLDs.

I don't think it will work like that. I think you will use your current CLD, make your bid and you "pay with them" and you will get back a land deed for the mark, just like the current land deeds for apartments and you will get back the same number of a new version of the land-deeds, marked as land-deeds without claiming rights. Probably with an other color and a different name. Could be red and named "Calypso Tax deeds", something like that to avoid mixing up. The land will be disconnected with the revenue deeds and sold separately.

That is the best way to do it I think, but we will know for sure how it will work later. The question is, the coming political/voting system that also was supposed to come with the CLD, will they be connected to the revenue deeds or the land-area? Maybe both? You got one vote for owning the land and one vote for the revenue share.

Ok, MA have answered the questions already I had thought about.

Only question now is, are we GUARANTEED a plot, or is there a limited amount.

I brought my CLD's years ago, granted, I only have 10, with 1 being looted in a team, which I brought up, but I was under the impression that 9 CLD's = a plot of land.
If I cant win any of the auctions, are my CLD's useless in the sense of not being able to claim a plot, or are MA going to make sure that every 9 CLD's are getting a plot in the future.

If there's limited plots available, and only the rich kids get it, then sod it all. If opposite, then nice 1 MA.

I brought my CLD's years ago, granted, I only have 10, with 1 being looted in a team, which I brought up, but I was under the impression that 9 CLD's = a plot of land.
If I cant win any of the auctions, are my CLD's useless in the sense of not being able to claim a plot, or are MA going to make sure that every 9 CLD's are getting a plot in the future.

If there's limited plots available, and only the rich kids get it, then sod it all. If opposite, then nice 1 MA.

Exactly what I was thinking about, we need a bit more clarification about how much land will be able and will they continue to add more land as long as their is CLD left that have not used their claiming rights. If you take 60 000/10 would make 6 000 land-plots, if we say the average size would be 20, it's 3000 land-plots. That is a lot of land plots.....

Exactly what I was thinking about, we need a bit more clarification about how much land will be able and will they continue to add more land as long as their is CLD left that have not used their claiming rights. If you take 60 000/10 would make 6 000 land-plots, if we say the average size would be 20, it's 3000 land-plots. That is a lot of land plots.....

Hmm, dont worry, remeber promises ... kind of land grab, you will be able to chose where, even in pvp ...bla bla, 9 CLD needed as minimum....
We need reverse memory too

[...] The question is, the coming political/voting system that also was supposed to come with the CLD, will they be connected to the revenue deeds or the land-area? Maybe both? You got one vote for owning the land and one vote for the revenue share.

I don't remember where nad when but there was official MA/PC person stating that Voting with CLDs was scrapped.

The way I understand it, initially there was supposed to be kind of LG for plots.
Magic 9 was indeed announced as minimum parcel size (3x3) but I do not think it was stated that everyone with 9 CLDs wil be guaranteed parcel.
Therefore if there was no guarantee in 'old concept', there is none in new one too.
However I think LG style would be won by 2-3 organized pvp groups and most players would whine about it, so I think MA made right move to change it to auction style.

If that were the case, you wouldnt be forced to buy a house.
My initial understanding was that you'd be required to "trade in" nine CLD's for a lot (the 3x3 was already known). That would also obviously deprive you of not only the CLD's, but also their future payouts. That was the ripoff I was thinking of.

I was happy to see it stated in public this wasn't the case.

It was obvious. Who in their mind would exchange stocks for vanity items, which the houses essentially are?
ROFL! I do hope you were training for "sarcasm of the year", 'cause this is exactly what many MindArk customers do.

I wouldn't trade a single CLD for the whole Eudoria with my name all over it :)
Of course not. The moon was today also verified to be made of cheese.

Granted, getting your name splattered all over it would make me reluctant too, but I think the monthly income would more than make up for the humiliation. :)

i'm excited to see some preview to this as it was promised years ago, but I think MA fucked up by not using this CLD auction system to buy back some CLDs..
I don't think they have the funds. Seriously. CLD payouts have been consistently declining, and pretty much always 30%-50% below expectations. If a company gets 30%-50% less revenue than expected, I don't think there's much margin for buying back shares.

Back