First phase of the CLD estate system

Problem with this is

MA knew how the announcement would affect the market. It is nothing but plain WRONG to do it like they did. They need to answer those questions within the announcement! Of course CLD will skyrocket. But they are holding information on purpose to manipulate their own frikking market.

I'm filing a SC and if answers are not sufficient I'm done here...

They could fall. If you lose all income from them when you cash them in for your plot, then CLD's are not worth much more than small estate deeds.

Problem with this is

MA knew how the announcement would affect the market. It is nothing but plain WRONG to do it like they did. They need to answer those questions within the announcement! Of course CLD will skyrocket. But they are holding information on purpose to manipulate their own frikking market.

I'm filing a SC and if answers are not sufficient I'm done here...

It's no different to how things have been unveiled in previous years. Banks, Malls, Equus for example.

When Space was unveiled, hangar prices jumped in a similar way as I expect CLD to. We've known for years that CLD would one day be linked to properties, we just didnt know when. Now we know it'll be this Summer, or if there are problems the Autumn (I expect?)

I doubt you'll get any more information from a support case than what is printed above. :dunno:

CLD holders will of course retain their deeds and continue receiving CLD weekly revenue after claiming an estate.

A claim bidding system is being developed that will allow CLDs to be used to bid on CLD estate plots, while ensuring that each individual CLD may only be used once to successfully claim an estate plot.

Last edited:
CLD holders will of course retain their deeds and continue receiving CLD weekly revenue after claiming an estate

A claim bidding system is being developed that will allow CLDs to be used to bid on CLD estate plots, while ensuring that each individual CLD may only be used once to successfully claim an estate plot.

Thanks for the clarification Bjorn.

CLD holders will of course retain their deeds and continue receiving CLD weekly revenue after claiming an estate

Thank you. :D

Exactly how i thought it should work when read announcement. So we can sell plot rights 'separately'

Thanks Bjorn!
Yes, that is also what was stated by MA all along by the way - that estate options were to be on top of the deed income as an added feature. It has been others on forums surmising other things...

What has not been clarified at all so far is if deeds then become bundled into sets of 9 (or however many on bigger plots?) and can then only be sold/traded/auctioned together.
I imagine that would lower the number of individual deeds not put down on claims quite a bit - and could affect auction trading volumes.

Also, the new information on reverse auctioning is different from what was originally said by MA, where they said that people would have to rush to make claims on unclaimed plots they want more quickly than anyone else (that is the gist of it, as I understood). Now there will be some kind of pricing/auctioning element, not simply claiming, it appears.

The gathering/harvesting of materials is also interesting news, as it possibly changes the free-to-play balancing quite a bit.

We shall see I guess, ty :)

Let say I claim building with 9 CLD and I want to sell. Those 9 CLD wil be transformed into 1 estate deed or something including the house in it and the CLDs. Still very unclear how exactly it is going to work, but still nice that we will keep the revenue. I hope I don't have some noobs for neighnoors :laugh:

Deleted ....

it's going to be fun

I want an orchard with fruit for my pet :)

Exciting news :)

Sadly by the looks of it mindark will pre determine the spots where you can build your houses and you can beat on this spots. I imagined a vast amount of land where i can go out like in the good old wild west movies and claim my pice of land. I even hoped for something like a community city project where enthusiast house owners gather to create the best rocking place on calypso.

Now everyone will compete over set in stone locations near twin peaks to build a house and make a shop out of it. :mad:

Let say I claim building with 9 CLD and I want to sell. Those 9 CLD wil be transformed into 1 estate deed or something including the house in it and the CLDs. Still very unclear how exactly it is going to work, but still nice that we will keep the revenue. I hope I don't have some noobs for neighnoors :laugh:

My guess

After this goes live you have an additional info on your deeds that say for example "unused". You use this cld's on the reverse bidding system and win a land plot for 9 cld. You will get a land deed and the 9 cld's back that now show "used"

CLD holders will of course retain their deeds and continue receiving CLD weekly revenue after claiming an estate.

So how about selling CLDs? I claim and get my estate plot, than what? Can I sell my CLDs? Will these CLDs be shown as "already used for claiming land" or something? Or maybe there will be restrictions on selling CLDs after?

So how about selling CLDs? I claim and get my estate plot, than what? Can I sell my CLDs? Will these CLDs be shown as "already used for claiming land" or something? Or maybe there will be restrictions on selling CLDs after?

Exactly what I was thinking. Would really like an answer on this.

Another interesting question is - will houses and "new resource gathering system" stay specific to Calypso, or will they be available on other planets, too?

I hope they are cleaver enough to link this new CLD advantages with ingame activity, people that are more active ingame should get and advantage over those that just buy CLDs and wait for the others to feed them.

Development is in progress that will ensure that CLDs that have already been used to claim a CLD estate plot will be clearly marked as such.

Development is in progress that will ensure that CLDs that have already been used to claim a CLD estate plot will be clearly marked as such.

That doesnt answer the question.

Do you still get revenue from claimed cld's?
Can you sell the individually?
If so how does the revenue affect them after?
Does the property go with the clds?
Do you get a seperate claim deed for the property?
How are they tied together?
If its two per property, and you sell one, how does that affect ownership?

Rgds

Ace

Ahh, thank you, that makes it clear.

Biggest gamble..

I think the smartest people here will be selling their CLD's for double..

That doesnt answer the question...

Do you still get revenue from claimed cld's?

Ace, he answered one of those already ;-)

So they will require resources to upgrade similar to motherships? That sounds good for miners:)

It sounds like the old figure of 9 clds is now quite irrelevant, given the reverse auction set up.

So they will require resources to upgrade similar to motherships? That sounds good for miners:)

Unlikely, the resources for motherships didnt make a difference to markup, i doubt this will.

Rgds

Ace

Unlikely, the resources for motherships didnt make a difference to markup, i doubt this will.

Rgds

Ace

I guess it depends on the numbers really. There aren't that many motherships, but there there something like 60,000 CLDs. Which, if you take the initial figure bandied about as 9 per plot, ok lets make the maths easier, 10, then that is potentially 6000 individual properties, compared to what, 20ish mother ships etc.

I am still wondering how anyone didn't realize their clds were going to be used up...

I am still wondering how anyone didn't realize their clds were going to be used up...

I'm shocked MA hasn't used this opportunity to get CLDs out of circulation. Are they going to pay dividends forever?

Back