First phase of the CLD estate system

I guess it depends on the numbers really. There aren't that many motherships, but there there something like 60,000 CLDs. Which, if you take the initial figure bandied about as 9 per plot, ok lets make the maths easier, 10, then that is potentially 6000 individual properties, compared to what, 20ish mother ships etc.

Unless they are limited buildings and need a constant resupply of ores/enmatters (which is very unlikely), then probably wont affect mu's. Initially yes, as people are impatient, as with all new toys. But within a week or so, it will all be back to normal.

Might be a good idea to stock up on low MU ores/enmatters for the first few days of rush :)

Rgds

Ace

I'm kind of hoping that for these resources they might utilize some of the old component bps.

I'm kind of hoping that for these resources they might utilize some of the old component bps.

Whatever the resources are, they wont be needed for long. Unless the upgrades are massively expensive and there are thousands of houses. But then no one would build if it required enormous amounts of tt lol

Rgds

Ace

I'm shocked MA hasn't used this opportunity to get CLDs out of circulation. Are they going to pay dividends forever?

I am still wondering how anyone didn't realize their clds were going to be used up...

Do you even read the thread? There is no indication that they will be removed from circulation or will not generate income anymore...

Whatever the resources are, they wont be needed for long. Unless the upgrades are massively expensive and there are thousands of houses. But then no one would build if it required enormous amounts of tt lol

Rgds

Ace

By the sound of it, we will be sending people out to chop wood. It did say we are going to see new ways to gather resources. :)

Rgds

Ace

I hope i am wrong. But if they don't decay, I cannot see another way around it.

Rgds

Ace

Do you even read the thread? There is no indication that they will be removed from circulation or will not generate income anymore...

Ummmm just so you know...YEAH THEY WILL....if you think these are gonna last forever....wow.

They might last forever to you or whoever, if you never sell them...but step 2 is giving you something worthless to make you destroy them...step 1 was getting your money.

I cant wait to buy a house 9-12 months after most of the cld holders destroyed them.

This game is a chess match, and MA is about 7 steps ahead of Deep Blue (if it was 1997).

Last edited:
Unless they are limited buildings and need a constant resupply of ores/enmatters (which is very unlikely), then probably wont affect mu's. Initially yes, as people are impatient, as with all new toys. But within a week or so, it will all be back to normal.

It really depends on the available plots. If they are in short supply, there will be a ridiculously mad rush to get one. In that scenario, there wouldn't be a massive ramp up of resource requirements also.

If there are plentiful plots to be had, which I would kind of hope would be the case, but feel is probably unachievable, then I think the community could take a much more relaxed approach to gaining and developing their plots.

What I predict, and so often I am wrong and would hope to be so on this occasion, is that there will be limited plots available. A frenzy of claiming will happen, then those who gain plots will rush to complete at least some level of development, which in turn will cause a small-ish rise in resource value, and as you say, that will probably last a week, maybe even a month.

All this is arbitrary because all I want is to loot nice stuff... meh :)

All this is arbitrary because all I want is to loot nice stuff... meh :)

Same here :laugh:

What would be good for the economy, is if they put some kind of reward on the upgrades. If it is just visual, then feck all will happen.

if on the other hand....and judging by the pictures.....you can upgrade the hieght of your main building in steps....that each upgrade gives you an advantage somehow. Like with pets, higher level = higher reward.

So if teh upgrades come with rewards, and those rewards constantly consume resources. Then i will happily bow down to MA's brilliance.

Otherwise, if its visual, i doubt any resources will be affected. Old or new.

Rgds

Ace

PS Just my two pec!

Yes, which is why I said I was shocked they weren't, as I had expected they would.

I wonder about the size of the plots. For people like me there will be small 1 room houses, but for 5k CLD you probably can get something like the Tesla Gigafactory with sweeming pool.

I wonder about the size of the plots. For people like me there will be small 1 room houses, but for 5k CLD you probably can get something like the Tesla Gigafactory with sweeming pool.

We're a ways of from seeing anything, we can only wait and see and hope there will be more detailed updates in the near future.

Ummmm just so you know...YEAH THEY WILL....if you think these are gonna last forever....wow.

They might last forever to you or whoever, if you never sell them...but step 2 is giving you something worthless to make you destroy them...step 1 was getting your money.

I cant wait to buy a house 9-12 months after most of the cld holders destroyed them.

This game is a chess match, and MA is about 7 steps ahead of Deep Blue (if it was 1997).

I might agree on CLDs not being there forever, but as indicated by MA on this thread:

1) CLDs used for gaining estate plots will still receive revenue;
2) CLDs won't be destroyed, they are working on a solution to mark specific CLDs that they have already been used for claiming estate plots.

CLD holders will of course retain their deeds and continue receiving CLD weekly revenue after claiming an estate.

A claim bidding system is being developed that will allow CLDs to be used to bid on CLD estate plots, while ensuring that each individual CLD may only be used once to successfully claim an estate plot.

Just in case people missed this post.

building-of-apartments.jpg

I can see the landscape changing quite radically. :)

The "new resource gathering system" sounds intriguing, I wonder if it'll be aimed at new players as an alternative to sweating and fruit/stone hunting.

This sums up the discord between participants and MindArk :laugh:

The "new resource gathering system" sounds intriguing, I wonder if it'll be aimed at new players as an alternative to sweating and fruit/stone hunting.

I hope not. New players have enough to get them into the game, at some point they need to become real players.

nvm obviously i cant read :)

Wow. As has been said before, i can't believe they didn't use this to buy back some of their shares. Even if it was one/property that is consumed, it would make a difference for them in the long run.

I hope they plan on disclosing how many total plots will be released in the near future.

CLD holders will of course retain their deeds and continue receiving CLD weekly revenue after claiming an estate.
While I appreciate MindArk for once speaking clearly, you make it sound like "Duh, this should be obvious!". Except, based on the comments and questions about this, it should have been clear it was far from obvious.

Before your public statement I was on the contrary convinced this was your way to remove a fair number of CLD's from the market, by a total ripoff. It would have been more in line with your usual business dealings - that's how a not insignificant number of your customers view you. Just wanted to let you know, in case you're so far into the reality-distortion field you simply didn't have a clue.

Cheers.

While I appreciate MindArk for once speaking clearly, you make it sound like "Duh, this should be obvious!". Except, based on the comments and questions about this, it should have been clear it was far from obvious.

Before your public statement I was on the contrary convinced this was your way to remove a fair number of CLD's from the market, by a total ripoff. It would have been more in line with your usual business dealings - that's how a not insignificant number of your customers view you. Just wanted to let you know, in case you're so far into the reality-distortion field you simply didn't have a clue.

Cheers.

If that were the case, you wouldnt be forced to buy a house.

As CLDs now have two completely separate roles as revenue shares and property bid chips it would be nice if they were exchanged for one of each. I'm a bit apprehensive that the solution to this divided purpose will see lots of exploits if a clear division is not made up front.

Yesterday i was thinking about buying some more CLD but decided to wait for the weekend, because i couldn't find any below 1550..... Guess i'll have to wait a few more weekends now :(

While I appreciate MindArk for once speaking clearly, you make it sound like "Duh, this should be obvious!".

It was obvious. Who in their mind would exchange stocks for vanity items, which the houses essentially are? Oh, some surely would but, as I said in other thread, this playerbase is mostly sane. I wouldn't trade a single CLD for the whole Eudoria with my name all over it :)

It was obvious. Who in their mind would exchange stocks for vanity items, which the houses essentially are? Oh, some surely would but, as I said in other thread, this playerbase is mostly sane. I wouldn't trade a single CLD for the whole Eudoria with my name all over it :)

I would for sure

I'm curious to see what these properties will have. Will they be purely cosmetic, or will they have some sort of function?

i'm excited to see some preview to this as it was promised years ago, but I think MA fucked up by not using this CLD auction system to buy back some CLDs.. they would be able to cut down costs of paying dividends by creating something in game that costs nothing to them on a balance sheet. All they would have to do is make sure the house buff is good enough to convince people to turn in CLDs for, i.e. increased hp regeneration or something along those lines

It was obvious. ... this playerbase is mostly sane. :)

I dunno about sane on the forums, though.... it often seems to be quite in doubt actually.

Anyway - stuff we could think about is: will a minimum of 9 deeds be tied together in the future once used to claim plots, or will separate plot deeds be issued which can also be traded? (this has been asked already). If so, deeds could still be sold as singles still, even if marked as used.

Will there be a new auction history line for the deeds marked as already used for plot claiming? I am imagining that deeds should be swapped out 1:1 when used for a claim. This way, auction histories would not become as messed up with as the unl blueprints, where it is hard to know what a qr50 might be worth, for example.
Hopefully the deeds would be a different colour too (used/unused for claims) - edit: plus different pattern for colourblind ppl...., so that ppl don't sell more valuable unused ones for less by mistake.....

Maybe not even MA has got answers at this stage lol - but a little thinking doesn't hurt, surely? ;)

Back