Sityl's Silver Argo Challenge Hunting Log

Scurvy Sityl

Stalker
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
Scurvy Sityl LaRoux
I decided to do the Silver Argo Challenge, since the reward will get me to level 25 Evader and closer to level 50 hit, so I'll get close to two unlocks with one mission. Initially, I hadn't intended to keep close track, but I found I didn't like not knowing how returns were looking, so 8875/50,000 points in I decided to start keeping track. I assume I had ~90-100% returns before tracking, but can't know exactly.

I'm hunting Argonaut Scavenger Elites. The nice thing about the spawn being all the same maturity is that I can know exactly how many kills I've had despite the tracking being counted in points. My first tracked run has been decidedly the worst so far.

Run 1: I had just bought a set of jaguar armor and was excited to see how much less damage I take in it. Unfortunately, high damage protection = high cost, so I was a bit taken aback by armor costs.

Armor: Jaguar +.5b
Tagger: Bravo Plasma Annihilator
Main Weapon: Emik Enigma L3 (L)
Kill Shot: Isis LBC 6 (L)
FAP: Regeneration Chip VI (Why do eco faps cost so much :( )

Ammo Cost: -$856.37
Weapon Decay: -$71.14
Weapon/Amp Repair: -$208.68
Armor Repair: -$55.69
Healing Cost: -$3.98

Total Cost: -$1,195.86

Kills: 252
Cost/Kill: 4.75 PED

Return (TT): $894.48
Net (TT): -$301.38
Return (TT) %: 74.80%

No globals. Seriously made me consider just giving up on the mission. Hit level 45 BLP Sniper (Hit) despite using a handgun. Ideally, if I wanted to be eco, I'd wait until I had higher Evader level before fighting these guys, or at least more dps, but this run was bad because of no loot, high armor repair cost was just icing on the cake.

Run #2:

Tagger: Arsonistic Chip II (L)
FAP: Regeneration Chip VI

Ammo Cost: -$849.86
Weapon Decay: -$99.11
Weapon/Amp Repair: -$207.86
Armor Repair: -$59.12
Healing Cost: -$5.47

Total Cost: -$1,221.42

Kills: 255
Cost/Kill: 4.79 PED

Return (TT): $1,115.23
Net (TT): -$106.19
Return (TT) %: 91.31%

Two globals for 161 PED and 66 PED. I tried using an arsonistic chip to bring up DPS, but they decay really fast and have a high markup. I also started the run without the .5b plates, but found I didn't like having to FAP more often, so swapped them back in.

Run #3:

Tagger: None Needed
Main Weapon: ARK-34 Desert (L)

Ammo Cost: -$859.59
Weapon Decay: -$187.86
Weapon/Amp Repair: -$206.74
Armor Repair: -$60.77
Healing Cost: -$4.27

Total Cost: -$1,319.23

Kills: 277
Cost/Kill: 4.76 PED

Return (TT): $1,268.76
Net (TT): -$50.47
Return (TT) %: 96.17%

Three globals for 80 PED, 117 PED, and 50 PED. I wanted to get back to rifles so that I could stop needing a tagger, but for the entirety of this log there just weren't any Spirit Mk.IIs on auction. So instead I bought an ARK-34 Jungle with moderately low markup. Never used one before. I've been counting runs as one full use of a Dante. The TT value on the ARK decays a lot, but this ended up letting me kill 22 more argos before my Dante decayed, so cost per kill was basically the same as run 1.

Getting close to breaking even on this run, but I had a feeling that maybe my costs are just too high to ever break even.

Should probably not put it in the form of $ - that is a completely different statistic. Your defense cost is way too high.

Should probably not put it in the form of $ - that is a completely different statistic. Your defense cost is way too high.

Second this. It's close to 5%.

You tanking much? Or does it take very long for you to kill the mobs?

Run #4:

Tagger: Combustive IV (L)

Ammo Cost: -$843.75
Weapon Decay: -$78.7
Armor Repair: -$60.40
Healing Cost: -$4.83

Total Cost: -$1,194.42

Kills: 251
Cost/Kill: 4.76 PED

Return (TT): $1,354.53
Net (TT): +160.11
Return (TT) %: 113.40%

Four globals for 59 PED, 54 PED, 110 PED and 71 PED. Hit level 40 BLP Pistoleer (Hit). Swapped back to the L3 for this run.

$ = PED, its just how my spreadsheet remembers it, so when I copy/paste it has the $ sign.

Run #5:

Tagger: None Needed
Main Weapon: Calytrek Spirit Mk. II (L)

Ammo Cost: -$814.93
Weapon Decay: -$91.05
Armor Repair: -$54.38
Healing Cost: -$4.23

Total Cost: -$1,171.33

Kills: 245
Cost/Kill: 4.78 PED

Return (TT): $1,225.98
Net (TT): +54.65
Return (TT) %: 104.67%

Finally got my hands on some CalyTreks! Big thanks to TheRock for hooking me up with 4 of em, they should hopefully be enough to get me through the challenge. Reached Level 42 BLP (Dmg). Armor costs were down thank to increased damage and range. It's too bad I don't heve the skills for Mk.III, I think that would make even more difference on armor costs.

I have killed these guys successfully in Zombie (L)/5a, though a bit of healing in between is necessary (cheapest with S.I. HEART, still able to find). There is hardly a more economic armour in this class than this overlooked set. Markup is very low, therefore it rarely shows up on auction. But there are well-known armour crafters on Caly stocking it regularly. Try the armor vs. mob tool with Zombie (L) and combos with 5A, 5B, Pulsar 8 and compare it with your current setup:
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?toolid=2

Move on Sityl

Every time i read an Log From You Dear i Really Enjoy Every letter and Number in the log

Plus i am following your foot steps man , and always its a good thing to me

so move on with the Tracking , and i hope all your numbers turn to Green

Agreed

Every time i read an Log From You Dear i Really Enjoy Every letter and Number in the log

Plus i am following your foot steps man , and always its a good thing to me

so move on with the Tracking , and i hope all your numbers turn to Green

Your logs are invaluable. Thank you.

Back