Achievement: GoldCard finally bites the dust

Society
Death Unlimited
Johan Roadkill Deadmeat
After many years of faithful service my first GoldCard has stopped working may it R.I.P

He contracted a bad case of the error72's back in 2011 and I suspected the end was drawing near but after many years of struggle he passed on.... I think he was conceived sometime in 2009 possibly late 2008

Here's to you buddy:smoke::beerchug:

Have you opened it up to try to revive it, clear the fluff out? Mine is about the same age, but whilst it is a fragile, it looks good for a few more years yet.

Can give it some extra years of life :)

Thought about it but I kinda remembered MA wanting any broken GC's back in exchange for a new one or some....although I'm sure I could fix it in a heartbeat.... I'll just wait for their reply

I'll just wait for their reply

I'd be amused if they replied "Have you opened it up to clear the fluff out?" ;)

Check out Usurper's sticky thread - link in previous post.

CG or CG reader.
anyway gratz on the huge achievement, working on mine

Im on my second card and reader, and the error messages have start to apear. A few more years and i will need a new one again :laugh:

Mine stopped working yesterday after years of error 72 (had mine since early 2006).

I opened it for the first time and cleared the fluff out yesterday and its back working again.

Mine is dated 21/01-05 (To see date, hold upper button while inserting card, release when all segments go black)
We had our fights; dust, bad battery contact, but now we are best friends again.

Gold Card Number 150-ish here, and still working :)

Gold card 160-ish still going strong here! :)

What year did they come? I know I ordered mine quite soon after they launched...

Can barely see the print on it though, but as long as it generates the numbers I'm happy!

lol just checked my GC-25/01-05..........:)

lol just checked my GC-25/01-05..........:)

My new reader i got 2012 says the same 25/01-05. Guess they manufactured shit loads of them in 05 and still have some left :laugh:

Mine stopped working yesterday after years of error 72 (had mine since early 2006).

I opened it for the first time and cleared the fluff out yesterday and its back working again.

Mine is older! 1-25-05..yet um I haven't been in game that long..:) Yes I had to try it..thinking..umm..:)

(To see date, hold upper button while inserting card, release when all segments go black)

the buttons do something?!?! :scratch2:

how's the bottom button work, and what does it do?! :dunno:

Back