PC: Imk2

Society
Apocalyptic
Whining Skeptic Aboard
Hello,

Since I intend to hit 65/65 in roughly 4 months or so I figured it might be time to start saving up PED and looking for possible future sales already.

So my questions are;

- Is there any low tiered imk2s around?
- How much does these tend to sell for?
- Anyone happen to know rough tiering costs for various tiers?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I do not intend to have a discussion on eco and maxing stuff in here. 5$ reported 2.95 his first month, that's good enough for me.

I think this gun is under priced right now.

I hear like 110k for t6-7.

I would say 100k for t0 then with tier costs up to 130-140 for t7

This is my ultimate dream gun though so, maybe take it with a pitch of pepper.

I think this gun is under priced right now.

I hear like 110k for t6-7.

I would say 100k for t0 then with tier costs up to 130-140 for t7

This is my ultimate dream gun though so, maybe take it with a pitch of pepper.

I think that is a bit high.

Tryx is selling his T5.9 at the moment and asking 90k for it. If I understood correctly the tier costs are quite insane so in my mind I'd imagine a T0 quite a bit lower (if any exists).

I think that is a bit high.

Tryx is selling his T5.9 at the moment and asking 90k for it. If I understood correctly the tier costs are quite insane so in my mind I'd imagine a T0 quite a bit lower (if any exists).

The tiercosts are huge and are all shown on entropedia, simply check for yourself. As far as the reason to value those tiers is since the gun itself is more eco then the amps wich makes damage enhancing it more eco then amps up to a certain MU for enhancers.

//Linz

(So the 110k for t7 and 90k for t5 is ROUGHLY same price conscidering tiers)

The tiercosts are huge and are all shown on entropedia, simply check for yourself. As far as the reason to value those tiers is since the gun itself is more eco then the amps wich makes damage enhancing it more eco then amps up to a certain MU for enhancers.

//Linz

(So the 110k for t7 and 90k for t5 is ROUGHLY same price conscidering tiers)

Thank you.

Thought I had checked entropedia for tier costs already but seems like my memory failed me.

So in TT the costs up to T5 are roughly;

T1 - 1.2k
T2 - 2.3k
T3 - 3.5k
T4 - 4.7k
T5 - 5.8k

On top of that markup and time.

T1 cost 1170 ped in tt, so t2 is ~2340tt, t3 - 3510tt and so... From t0 to t5 is ~17.5k tt, so ~20k with MU?! So... T0 should cost ~70k ped, t5 ~90k, t10 ~130k ped. Its not counting lot of shooting :) Btw - price of imk2 didnt change much for long long price, as it was and is best eco gun in game :)

I've only seen them for sale over 100k; so imo that 90k one seems kinda cheap for this gun.
Seems the MKVME is underpriced atm as well.

As with everything else in game, the price has declined somewhat over the last few years. I sold mine at the end of last year for about the same price the market still appears to value them at (my timing on sales is notoriously bad, but i didn't buy it to sell it and only decided to sell it when i thought i'd be permanently decreasing my play time by a huge amount), when considering the tier costs AT TT VALUE (as you really should do imo -- finally we're seeing that, with the exception of a few event must-haves, tiers are not worth cost + mu + time -- they're worth ~cost). What has changed is that the tiers creep up on all of them, so there are none available with really low tiers.

As with all uber, rare items, price is highly dependent on motivation of cheapest seller and most expensive buyer. The low sale price in recent history was not surprisingly when two were sold in close succession on auction with +1 start bid about a year ago.

Here's some info (from quick forum search) for sales in last year:

50k and 62k (tier 0.0 weapons auctioned off from locked accounts around a year ago)
85k (tier 4) -(1.2+2.3+3.5+4.7=11.7k) = ~73k (sold)
107k (tier 6) - 24.5k = ~82.5k (didn't sell over months and months of bumping, final result not certain but thought unsold)
114k (tier 7) - 32.6k = ~81.5k (not sold yet afaik)

So what does an imk2 cost? According to the market it costs approximately 70-75k + tiers, if you can find someone motivated to sell. If not, you have to go up to the lowest offered price of around 82k+tiers.

ETA: One of the few things MA hasn't introduced are long-range SIB laser rifles, some strange holdover from back in the days when they were protectionist toward "investors". Considering all the examples of them changing their policies, i think it's just a matter of time. Given a few unlimited 100+m laser sib rifles maxed somewhere between level 55 and 80 and typical SIB eco of ~2.95 amped, the imk2 demand will decrease quite a lot. It's anyone's guess when this will happen, though. Just like it's anyone's guess when the next model uf unlimited damage over time chip drops that beats the Arsonistic TEN III in dps.

Last edited:
IMK2 is last thing in EU which is keeping value quite good, as MA did nothing yet to devaluate those super eco toys in a way they did to real estates, armors, faps. However number of uber active players capable of using this toy is decreasing same way as number of any other group of player so finally even mighty imk2 price will start dropping.

If u want it cheap and not in hurry you will be able to get it for under 100k in few months.

I find the gulf between the value of the Improved M2870 and the imk.II to be unjustified, just for the range. But of course, as usual others would disagree.

I find the gulf between the value of the Improved M2870 and the imk.II to be unjustified, just for the range. But of course, as usual others would disagree.

The reason is range and eco and the difference is huge on both.

Why you compare I2870 vs imk2? Only DPS is same. While ECO is 6% better (3.05 vs 3.24) and range is 2.3 times higher. I2870 is like small MM, but nothing like imk2

Why you compare I2870 vs imk2? Only DPS is same. While ECO is 6% better (3.05 vs 3.24) and range is 2.3 times higher. I2870 is like small MM, but nothing like imk2

Still don't think it justifies a 60K PED price gulf. Sorry.

Makes no sence to compare those to at all ^^

It seems to me that Entropia Universe these days is all about the DPS. There aren't that many mobs, requiring that much DPS that you can kill without it going toe to toe with you for a while.

So for the most part, your armour/fap decays are only going to marginally different. Yes for some slow moving targets it is more advantageous to have the range but people don't/can't camp the same handful of mobs for their entire EU life. When mobs don't pay you your ammo back, let alone the decay on top, the range is futile, but OK I guess it saves you a few peds in say a 500PED hunt.

So the only major comparison you have is the 6% difference in economy.

Of course, this is just my opinion on the matter, you can all choose to ignore it and continue paying silly money for an item which is slowly becoming obsolete because DPS with a reasonable eco is the most important thing.

It seems to me that Entropia Universe these days is all about the DPS. There aren't that many mobs, requiring that much DPS that you can kill without it going toe to toe with you for a while.

So for the most part, your armour/fap decays are only going to marginally different. Yes for some slow moving targets it is more advantageous to have the range but people don't/can't camp the same handful of mobs for their entire EU life. When mobs don't pay you your ammo back, let alone the decay on top, the range is futile, but OK I guess it saves you a few peds in say a 500PED hunt.

Of course, this is just my opinion on the matter, you can all choose to ignore it and continue paying silly money for an item which is slowly becoming obsolete because DPS with a reasonable eco is the most important thing.

So let's cut the bullshit. How much are you asking for your I2870?

Only trade I would consider is to upgrade to the SGA variant ;)

Still don't think it justifies a 60K PED price gulf. Sorry.

Only thing that make imk2 valuable it's eco, which is so Exceptional that you can hunt with it even at low levels 70lvl+ and still have a good economy, if you are maxed you get the whole advantage this gun has to offer.

Imk2 with ~3.00 eco would be almost worthless(probably around 20k).
Considering all new SIB weapons, with pretty good eco, it makes most of the old schools guns obsolete for most of the player base(<100lvl).

I agree here.... no point in buying a 100k gun because its eco when it doesn't return the savings to you until what, 2, 3 years later? longer?

I have always thought this too.... hence a rich mix of eco and DPS is the way to go imo....

Everyone has different needs and styles as well as expectations. If you don't like the imk2 price, don't buy one.

1% let alone 6% difference is very important when you aggregate large numbers.

imp m2870is basically an noobgun

an redeemer/rip/sifs has close to the same eco but loads more dam/sec
somehow i cant acces weapontools to see accurate numbers but i think for instance sif-a + mod evil is like 3.00 average eco + 105 dam/sec

and an imp m2870 is like 65 dam/sec and 3.03 eco ?

the eco differenc between an imp mk2 and imp 2870 is huge

imp m2870is basically an noobgun

Then so is an imk.II by that reckoning, they have the same DPS.

an redeemer/rip/sifs has close to the same eco but loads more dam/sec
somehow i cant acces weapontools to see accurate numbers but i think for instance sif-a + mod evil is like 3.00 average eco + 105 dam/sec

I am in no doubt that most of the old 'uber' gear is becoming more and more 'mid-level' by the VU.

and an imp m2870 is like 65 dam/sec and 3.03 eco ?

the eco differenc between an imp mk2 and imp 2870 is huge

6%, which is coincidentally less than 10% is in no way 'huge' no matter what way you look at it.

Look, if you all want to defend the price of the imk.II's you own or your friends own, that's perfectly fine. I've said my piece now.

Then so is an imk.II by that reckoning, they have the same DPS.

I am in no doubt that most of the old 'uber' gear is becoming more and more 'mid-level' by the VU.

6%, which is coincidentally less than 10% is in no way 'huge' no matter what way you look at it.

Look, if you all want to defend the price of the imk.II's you own or your friends own, that's perfectly fine. I've said my piece now.

6% is HUGE, think of it like interest in a bank......then read a bit about compound interest and conscider how many times you cycle your pedcard......

Back