Value of CLD estate plot deeds and claimed CLD?

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
Upon winning a reverse bid auction for CLD estate plot I think it's sensible to assume:
- The winner gets a plot deed (which is new and separate from CLD)
- The winner gets CLD deeds back marked as used (I'll call these UCLD -Used Calypso Land Deed)
- plots will be tradeable

Now the question is what will be the value of:
- Plot deeds? (keeping in mind these are free to obtain if you have sufficient CLD)
- UCLD?

Please note this thread is NOT about the value of unclaimed CLD.

Last edited:
I would imagine UCLD would be around 1500 ped, a little below the price they had reached before land plot was announced.

Just a guess...

But should be safe to assume that it will incorporate the value given to an "Unused CLD" somehow.

Unused CLD Value = (Plot Deed Value/No. of CLDs taken to get the plot) + Used CLD Value

The value of the plot deed? That will have to depend on how good MA implements it (or how bad). :silly2:

Or at least that will be what I'm gonna be using to gauge what price to buy a "used cld" at (just for the revenue, for instance).

(Yes yes...a lot of speculation in what I said. I know. Hehehe)

The claimed plot should have no market value with no house built on it.

"Claimed" CLDs should cost ~ the same as unclaimed. Initially there will be price differences. Why? My assumption is based on the possible "price" of a plot. Are those plots going to cost 100 deeds? No, because there will be very few claims (low demand), so my guess its more like 10-20 deeds. With 10-20 deeds and 60k available its 3000-6000 plots. Even if with all the fluctuations, idle CLDs etc. it is "only" 1500 plots - that still is freaking huge. Its the introduction of apartments all over again.

Also - correct me if its stated otherwise by an MA official, but I assume that building the actual house won't be cheap. Common sense tells me that it won't be just few hundred ped to build a house (like we had the initial offering of apartments). Will it be 2k, 5k, 10k, 20k - I don't know. So you have to take also this into account - how these expenses decreases the interest in estates? If it costs lets say 10k initially and later 5k to built it - how many will be actually built? 100? 200? a bit more?

My guess - its overhyped, everyone is excited and in the end few houses will be built.

Plot deeds: 100 peds
Used CLD's: 1550 peds

judging by the price increase of the CLD since the news.

Off course everything will be different after the VU :)

Also, will the plots be tradeable?

Plot deeds: 100 peds
Used CLD's: 1550 peds

judging by the price increase of the CLD since the news.

Off course everything will be different after the VU :)

I think you forgot a zero on the land plots. For a 10x10 land plot I think the value will be at least 1000 ped. For bigger land the price/size will decline.

If you trade in cld for land you now have estate deed instead of cld? Won't the purchase eat the cld..... and mu will be even more confusing on real estate than it is now wher apt has same mu as mall shop....

If you trade in cld for land you now have estate deed instead of cld? Won't the purchase eat the cld..... and mu will be even more confusing on real estate than it is now wher apt has same mu as mall shop....

You will still own a CLD but its location will be marked as "allocated" more details look likely to be revealed in June. That's my understanding anyway.

I wonder, like others have, if you will only be able to sell allocated CLD's in blocks once a plot has been assigned. Although who knows? I've played enough games in the past to know properties can be demolished into their raw ingredients which may allow allocated CLD to be re-assigned as non-allocated once more.

There are more questions then clear answers at the moment, but thats half the point of an "Upcoming Buzz" post, it generates interest, and gives fair warning for those CLD owners and potential "want-to-own" CLD owners.

Then we have this reverse auction thing to consider..... :)

Back