Reverse bid auction implementation

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
Assuming a reverse bid auction is where auction starts at really high price then counts down to a minimum value. I just can't seem to get my head around how they will implement this, seems to me a lot of technical challenges to overcome:
- synchronization across different servers
- if plot deeds placed on auction how on earth are people going to buy adjoining plot deeds? would be difficult to tell which one's are adjoining to which even with a good numbering/labelling system
- perhaps they would be placed on auction as groups e.g. 3x3?
etc

Seems to me there would be quite a few challenges if using existing auction. So perhaps it could be a completely different system. What if we have to somehow select and bid on the ones we want on the ground itself i.e. where they are? Could such a system be implemented?

Also what about selecting the winner on reverse bid would there be a virtual instance for each bidder and highest bid at end of auction wins? Seems to be cumbersome?

My guess...

CLDs are split into land tokens and CLDS at some VU.

New token-exchange NPC joins his friends in Cape Corinth.

Pre-surveyed plots are listed at some ridiculous startbid in tokens (9*100 maybe.)

Each hour (or god help us each day) the price of the plots ticks down by a few tokens.

When purchased with tokens, the plot disappears from the NPC (naturally).

Profit! (For the resource sellers)

For more simplicity they can list a few standard lot sizes per "land development" and list multiples for each item, like with other token-based sale NPCs.

ETA: Even more MA-typical would be that TWO NPCs show up in Corinth, where one exchanges CLDs for a land token and a disenfranchised CLD.

Last edited:
For a moment, I was thinking that it might be done like how Ark does for its arkoins.

Forum reverse auction, anyone? :rolleyes:

I might be wrong here though....hahaha

- if plot deeds placed on auction how on earth are people going to buy adjoining plot deeds? would be difficult to tell which one's are adjoining to which even with a good numbering/labelling system

People on Earth are oblivious to the goings on on Calypso...

Brick

"Reverse auction" might mean something different to them.

Years ago, we got the CLDs in auctions...when the farms are released, we will use CLD's to bid.

See...it's reversed!

Highest CLD bid will get the best houses...

That is how they will get them back. A true reversal... :eyecrazy:

"Reverse auction" might mean something different to them.

Years ago, we got the CLDs in auctions...when the farms are released, we will use CLD's to bid.

See...it's reversed!

Highest CLD bid will get the best houses...

That is how they will get them back. A true reversal... :eyecrazy:

Exactly my sentiments bro..... What they say does not mean what you think... It will ways be the opposite time and time again.... They love to play riddles..... Abit like the whole system is one big muthafuxking niddle....

Omg!!!

Why the hell does anyone own these things????

I'm screwed I guess...

Rage Quit...

Oh yeah...more on topic...

A reverse auction is a type of auction in which the roles of buyer and seller are reversed. In an ordinary auction (also known as a forward auction), buyers compete to obtain a good or service by offering increasingly higher prices. In a reverse auction, the sellers compete to obtain business from the buyer and prices will typically decrease as the sellers undercut each other.

Brick

It think it will be done manually. A MA avatar will have all land-plots deeds and will at each land-plot have an auction where he/she shouts out the starting bid and then lower the price until we have a buyer. After that a manual avatar to avatar trade will be done. :silly2::dunce:

It think it will be done manually. A MA avatar will have all land-plots deeds and will at each land-plot have an auction where he/she shouts out the starting bid and then lower the price until we have a buyer. After that a manual avatar to avatar trade will be done. :silly2::dunce:

That will take some time to code

Now that's interesting.

Problem is that MA avatar will become a fruit cake after day1:laugh: Then what about trades and allocations in future? so doesn't sound like a sane idea if you ask me :)

Now that's interesting.

Problem is that MA avatar will become a fruit cake after day1:laugh: Then what about trades and allocations in future? so doesn't sound like a sane idea if you ask me :)

Yeah, let's hope they come up with something better. :silly2:

I wonder if there will be a separate terminal created in the same way as the in-game adverts and missions now have their own terminal.

I cant see the current auction being coded to be able to do reverse auctions.

Why the hell does anyone own these things????

I'm screwed I guess...

Rage Quit...

Oh yeah...more on topic...

A reverse auction is a type of auction in which the roles of buyer and seller are reversed. In an ordinary auction (also known as a forward auction), buyers compete to obtain a good or service by offering increasingly higher prices. In a reverse auction, the sellers compete to obtain business from the buyer and prices will typically decrease as the sellers undercut each other.

Brick

Young one...and just how often dost thou's definitions mean the same as those from the lips of MA?

They will list one landplot for 1000 cld tokens and every hour it will countdown. If it sells at 600 tokens, two plots will be introduced to countdown from 600. if those sell at 400, 4 new ones are introduced at that price. Etc etc.
a clear message will be made that there aren't enough plots for everyone.

The higher bids these plots get, the less work for Mindark and server stress.

Other option:

They will list one landplot for 1000 cld tokens and every hour it will countdown. If it sells at 600 tokens, two plots will be introduced to countdown from 600. if those sell at 400, 4 new ones are introduced at that price. Etc etc.
a clear message will be made that there aren't enough plots for everyone.

The higher bids these plots get, the less work for Mindark and server stress.

Do what's called a 'Wait & See' Market Tank Auction' where you let all morons pay high up front and you buy estate deed later for less and hold onto your optioned CLD which will be worth more if estates are really limited and MA only selling for lots of CLD...the real issue is this deal WILL create value for CLD owners and for MA...

Brick

Reverse auction might mean auctioneers are just turned 180 degrees on x plane.

Reverse auction might mean auctioneers are just turned 180 degrees on x plane.

Or we have to run after, and shout our bids at, some guy driving backwards in a prx...

Back