Is there any point in skilling up anymore?

The mob is hitting you about 1 in 2.7 attacks, so your evade is working. You appear to think this mob should hit you less because it's low level, but all mobs are different and some relatively low level mobs with small hp are surprisingly good at hitting, and other mobs you think would destroy you tend to miss a lot.

Correct, based on my observations as well. Also, from my personal experience : Argos Young which I used to hunt a LOT in the past, used to hit me a fair amount. I just came across a few today and killed them. I got hit 1-2 times in total for 4 mobs and I didn't use a crazy high-damage gun.

The mob is hitting you about 1 in 2.7 attacks, so your evade is working. You appear to think this mob should hit you less because it's low level, but all mobs are different and some relatively low level mobs with small hp are surprisingly good at hitting, and other mobs you think would destroy you tend to miss a lot.

I do get that sense too that small mobs hit faster and more often - but to me that makes no sense from a "skill" point of view

so i tried a bit of a bigger mob at about 1/2 of my evade level (mob level 8, me level 17) and got this (left out the chat log as it makes the post too long

no armor 1 mob 3 mins 10 secs (before i died lol) 23 hits so i hits every 8.26 seconds

second short run - pixie armor - 3 mins 19 secs - 27 hits so 1 hit every 7.37 seconds

Was going to do longer but than this happened when a second mob argo'd

2015-05-27 22:56:37 [System] [] You take 9.6 points of damage.
2015-05-27 22:56:43 [System] [] You take 4.2 points of damage.
2015-05-27 22:56:44 [System] [] You take 4.6 points of damage.
2015-05-27 22:56:46 [System] [] You take 9.1 points of damage.
2015-05-27 22:56:47 [System] [] You take 22.1 points of damage.
2015-05-27 22:56:50 [System] [] You take 22.9 points of damage.
2015-05-27 22:56:52 [System] [] You take 25.2 points of damage.

15 seconds 7 hits - interesting (same mob and level)

I would guess that mob is a hater or other small RT mob.
They deal tiny damage, 1.2, 1.5, far more often, but overall normal damage for mob lvl.

My evade skill is similar to yours and I clearly see the huge benefit.

I wish I could still skill up... get into the 70s and 80s and then you'll pray to Lootius for skill boosts :laugh:

I fail to see why anyone should spend time and money trying to skill up in this game anymore when you can not even kill level 4 mobs without getting 1, 3, or 5 "Target Evaded..." messages. And on top of that Evade skill does nothing even against the lowest level mobs.

Why bother if someone gets to level 37+ pistol for example and uses a noob TT weps and gets more and more and more "target evaded attack". But yet some how the mobs never miss hitting them. And you would think if you have 2500+ points in evade you would see a very reduced amount of hits from level 0 to maybe level 8 or 9 mobs - but that is not the case.

Mobs i killed with Opalo 7 years ago now hit me more than when i was new - yes i know that is in part because of nerfs on top of nerfs and "modifications" but seriously.

If i had any real amount of peds left i would bet that no one that uses a mob level appropriate wep (opalo versus Daki for example) can kill more than 2 or 3 mobs in a row without getting several "mob evaded attack"messages - either that or I have been tagged as "skills = turned off" by MA.

I know the rate of these "target evaded..." have been increased in the past but they seem to be more and more annoying considering your lucky if the loot even covers the cost of these evaded shots on most mobs you kill. As if it were not enough that avg loot from a mob is reduced to crap and if you don't get that mini or a global in a run you get maybe 50%. All this just makes it more and more difficult to even grind low level mobs

99K+ skills and i may as well start over with 0 because apparently you need to be 100 levels higher than the mobs you are hunting before your skills actually make a difference.

You are WRONG.

1. On most mobs you will get a lot less hits if you get evader higher then mob lvl.
2. Lot of high skilled players think that more skills - more loot. Perssonally i get more loot now then 3 years ago, but i was skilling hard all that time.
3. Target evaded - use some program that count that and give yours results after 1k, 10k, 100k shots, then we can talk about. Dont forget crits too!
4. 50% tt return - You can get even less on SHORT runs (kill one mob, get no loot and say that tt return is ZERO). To avoid that - count after 10k ped cycled or even more...
5. Use just maxed weapons!

Hit the nail onthe head

Its pretty simple...the more you miss the more ammo you waste...the more ammo you waste the more money you spend..

Catch the drift??

I may be new to this game but I do agree with what you are saying 1000%, Gone are the days when games were made for the enjoyment of the player, these days it is all about ripping of the player, buy forcing them to spend more and more money.

:wise:And in point of fact being a former services person I can tell that this so called evade is unreal, fact if you shoot, stab, slash, hit with a big stick any target at point blank range, you are going to cause damage, level of damage depends on your weapon, but you are going to hit it and I dare any member of the development and support team to stand in front of me and let me test this out for real. I bet a 1,000, 000 PED, that A) they would not take up the challenge and B) if they did I know that they would not be able to evade being hit by me with or without a weapon.:wise:

I remember times when people said a Dasp always hits you, no matter what your evade is.

Working as a FAPer, I know this is not the case, there is definately players that evade Dasp strikes.
Obviously high enough evader works.

Beside that I can tell you that a Sec Ent hits me less often than lowish Bery :D

I remember times when people said a Dasp always hits you, no matter what your evade is.

Working as a FAPer, I know this is not the case, there is definately players that evade Dasp strikes.
Obviously high enough evader works.

Beside that I can tell you that a Sec Ent hits me less often than lowish Bery :D

Aren't Dasp Dodger mobs?

Anyone know what level Dasps start missing?

Aren't Dasp Dodger mobs?

Anyone know what level Dasps start missing?

Must be high :)
From healers view I can say it was hunters in the 250+ HP range where Dasp actually didn´t hit all time
No clue how skilled those are in Evader/Dodger.

Reactions: Mac
I think Doer and John Capital nailed it, it's real hard to argue with numbers...

If you see anyone announcing evader level does nothing in EU you'll instantly know you can't believe anything that person says.
Not because he's a compulsive liar, no... It's just those ppl never realized how subjective opinion differs from objective fact (difference between imagination and solid evidence).

Proof about the effect of evade skills is all around us in EU. It's not hard to test either, just need 2 ppl with different skill levels and after 15 min you'll have facts you can't deny.

Someone said they take mob level and add +5 to it - to find out at which evader lvl this mob is "maxed" for you. Could be pretty close to the truth indeed. Seems to me the point where the mobs starts missing you a lot more is somewhere around it's L number, and it seems once your evader lvl is twice this number there's no further decrease. Mobs real evade requirements are not always the same as their Lxx numbers ofc but usually it's close enough.

As a practical example, few years ago I had to use Jaguar to hunt Argonaut Scavenger Elites solo (L22 mob) - with smaller armors there was too much healing. Now, after quickness I can use Gremlin and heal once after couple of mobs. You can imagine what this means in terms of armor repair bill.

With weapon skills it's debatable if skills really add anything or not. However, what definitely makes a difference is HP. Hunter with less than 100 HP and 200-250 HP are living in a completely different world. With 200+ HP you can afford using a fap instead of a big armor (or even hunt naked) and with all those cheap and eco healing tools we have today the difference is huge. Thing is, even if you don't believe in weapon skills, it's impossible to get your HP up without skilling up something else. Therefore it's pretty safe to say, all skills matter - directly or indirectly.

Last edited:
Must be high :)
From healers view I can say it was hunters in the 250+ HP range where Dasp actually didn´t hit all time
No clue how skilled those are in Evader/Dodger.

Roger that.

2017 To Do:
- Get more HP
- Skill more Dodge.
- Skill more Evade.
- Repeat.

Well this goes both ways..

I may be new to this game but I do agree with what you are saying 1000%, Gone are the days when games were made for the enjoyment of the player, these days it is all about ripping of the player, buy forcing them to spend more and more money.

:wise:And in point of fact being a former services person I can tell that this so called evade is unreal, fact if you shoot, stab, slash, hit with a big stick any target at point blank range, you are going to cause damage, level of damage depends on your weapon, but you are going to hit it and I dare any member of the development and support team to stand in front of me and let me test this out for real. I bet a 1,000, 000 PED, that A) they would not take up the challenge and B) if they did I know that they would not be able to evade being hit by me with or without a weapon.:wise:

Then by the same standards you set forth, the mob attacking you should hit you every time, stand infront of a lion in real life and see how many times you can avoid it, or it misses you...

Back